Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Texans overrated???

  1. #1

    Texans overrated???

    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but anyone notice how the team that's widely regarded as the NFL's best, has had one hell of an easy damn schedule so far?

    Week 1: Miami (1-3)
    Week 2: Jacksonville (1-3)
    Week 3: Denver (2-2)
    Week 4: Tennessee (1-3)

    We're talking the bottom of the barrel here (insert joke about the Jets being at the bottom too) except for Denver, which is a team still trying to figure it out.

    Obviously we have our issues, but this game is in no way a guaranteed loss. Especially if Houston believes the hype being said about 'em while the Jets come out with something to prove after last week.

    Sure, the odds are with Houston this week, but I'm looking forward to cheering on our team Monday night as they upset the "experts".
    Last edited by Mike135; 10-04-2012 at 10:14 PM.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,797
    no.

  3. #3
    The Patriots are overrated. The Texans are not.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,551
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The Patriots are overrated. The Texans are not.
    +1

  5. #5
    Yea! If HOUSTON was really good they would be 8-0 right now!

  6. #6
    They have another easy game this week.

  7. #7
    The soft schedule would be relevant if they were squeaking by. The mark of a great team is the ability to dominate weak opponents. They aren't like the Bengals or the Vikings. The Texans lead the league in point differential, +70 through 4 games. They're really good.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The soft schedule would be relevant if they were squeaking by. The mark of a great team is the ability to dominate weak opponents. They aren't like the Bengals or the Vikings. The Texans lead the league in point differential, +70 through 4 games. They're really good.
    EXACTLY! DONE!

    Question answered...

    end thread...

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,416
    In 2009 when Rex took over this team...... the Texans and cardinals were a joke. NOW look.

    The Texans were better than the JETS with a 3rd string QB last year.

    They lose their best D player to Buffalo and dont miss a stride.

    Talent, drafting, player development. They do, we do not.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,855
    The Jets are overrated

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The Patriots are overrated. The Texans are not.

    +1. Pats have been overrated for past 11 years.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,828
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    The Jets are overrated
    Only by their HC and a handful of people that believe him.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,017
    Perhaps, more concerned with the PA
    PF...126
    PA...56

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    +1. Pats have been overrated for past 11 years.
    lol you mad bro?

  15. #15
    No, SF is a little overrated and u see what they did to us.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but anyone notice how the team that's widely regarded as the NFL's best, has had one hell of an easy damn schedule so far?

    Week 1: Miami (1-3)
    Week 2: Jacksonville (1-3)
    Week 3: Denver (2-2)
    Week 4: Tennessee (1-3)

    We're talking the bottom of the barrel here (insert joke about the Jets being at the bottom too) except for Denver, which is a team still trying to figure it out.

    Obviously we have our issues, but this game is in no way a guaranteed loss. Especially if Houston believes the hype being said about 'em while the Jets come out with something to prove after last week.

    Sure, the odds are with Houston this week, but I'm looking forward to cheering on our team Monday night as they upset the "experts".
    If you think they are over rated, where do you see them in the AFC?

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,416
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Only by their HC and a handful of people known as the KOOL AID club here at JI that believe him.
    FIXED!


    Wait for Baldacci's NEW BOOK, The Kool AID Club. Oliver Stones assignment is to infiltrate the JETS front office to find any signs of intelligence.

    Last edited by southparkcpa; 10-05-2012 at 08:27 AM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    If you think they are over rated, where do you see them in the AFC?
    Too early to tell, especially considering their schedule so far. So can't really judge where they are in the AFC now.

    Though I think I know where they'll be Tuesday morning... 4-1

  19. #19
    If you think they're overrated now, just wait until after they hang a double nickel up on us on national television on Monday night. Then they'll be REALLY overrated.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Greener Pastures View Post
    If you think they're overrated now, just wait until after they hang a double nickel up on us on national television on Monday night. Then they'll be REALLY overrated.





    Perhaps they can have their back up QB run the wildcat on us like SF and jamm it up Rex's superb D.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us