Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is going on with Dustin Keller?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Question What the hell is going on with Dustin Keller?

This big pus$y hasn't been on the field the entire season.

I thought he just had a hamstring pull, was it a pull or a tear?

5 weeks without setting foot on the practice field seems like an awfully long time for just a hamstring pull......I know there are different grades of hamstring injuries and what not, but, what I interpret as his lack of urgency to get back on the football field is very aggravating to say the least.

Jets Insider VIP
    There are ways to fake a hamstring pull. I don't have time to go into details, but it can easily be done.

he's trying not to risk anything so it doesn't hurt him get a new contract in free agency...good call on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    There are ways to fake a hamstring pull. I don't have time to go into details, but it can easily be done.
    I chuckled.

For the OP, hamstrings are nagging injuries and everyone heals differently.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He could be gone forever if it's a Green Jets & Hamstring.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 10-05-2012 at 07:07 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post

5 weeks without setting foot on the practice field seems like an awfully long time for just a hamstring pull......I know there are different grades of hamstring injuries and what not, but, what I interpret as his lack of urgency to get back on the football field is very aggravating to say the least.
    He had a baby too last week - or someone he impregnated did. I wonder if that has anything to do with his recovery. It would be nice if he was looking to rehab 24/7,but I'm sure thats not the case now.

What does it matter? Sanchez couldn't throw the ball to him anyways.

The real question IS........what the hell happened to Sanchez since week one? He looked like a beast and now looks like the beast's ....crap.

Hall Of Fame
    He has a "high" hamstring injury that goes from his hamstring to his vagina.

Once he comes back Sanchez will not look down field for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Once he comes back Sanchez will not look down field for the rest of the season.
    Spot on my friend ....
    Last edited by Dunnie; 10-05-2012 at 08:21 AM.

5 weeks for a hamstring is not unusual. The thing get re-injured all the time. It must be one of the worse sprain type injuries.
    With Holmes out, he could be the #1 option which bodes well for him in FA. Sitting out injured does not.

All League
    Weren't there reports that he was looking to play last week and aggravated the injury during warm ups?

If so, that basically resets his whole rehab schedule.

it's called, i watched so many of my teammates get locked up for long term deals but they didn't take care of me, so i'm not playing with any sort of injury b/c i need to be healthy come free agency.

Rookie
    He pees sitting down

Dustin Keller is channelling his inner All-Pro and does not wish to be disturbed at this time.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    5 weeks for a hamstring is not unusual. The thing get re-injured all the time. It must be one of the worse sprain type injuries.
    With Holmes out, he could be the #1 option which bodes well for him in FA. Sitting out injured does not.
    He was the #1 option last year, when you think about it.

This week, the Jets are looking at having Holmes, Keller and Hill out of the lineup. Josh Baker was also expected to be a contributor. Patrick Turner, the one WR who has been here a few years, was cut earlier this week, I believe. Going 4 wide (forget about 5 - it ain't happening), we're looking at Schilens/Kerley/Gates and.......J. Hill?

That's pretty ugly for a team that was not considered at all deep at WR. I suspect Chaz Schilens will be the fantasy sleeper of all sleepers. Now's his time to make some money.

All League
    just for the record, he played in Week 1.

limped off the field, during the second half I believe...hasn't been seen since.

obviously reinjured it -- which might explain why they're taking it very slow this time around. these types of injuries need to be very close to fully healed if you're going to avoid setting yourself back to square one.

whether for the team, or for himself, I'm sure he wants to be out there. this is only hurting his next contract.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSJetsJetsJets View Post
    He pees sitting down
    OF course, that's when he pulled his hamstring. It's dagerous trying to squat.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it's called, i watched so many of my teammates get locked up for long term deals but they didn't take care of me, so i'm not playing with any sort of injury b/c i need to be healthy come free agency.
    He also needs to be on the field. If you don't think him losing 1/2 a year to an recurring type injury is not hurting him in his quest for big bucks, you are very mistaken. As I posted before, with Holmes out he will be the #1 option in this offense. A great position to be in going into FA for a TE and now he can't get on the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    How many times does this need to be explained?

How many threads need to be started to ask the same question?

First of all, not playing is certainly not going to enhance Keller's value in FA.

So, that point is ridiculous.

Secondly, and therefore, this is obviously more than a simple "pull."

Matt Kemp of the Dodgers was out for almost 2 months with a hamstring injury. Before that, he had tried to come back too early and he made it worse resulting in the almost 2 month absence.

So, all this speculation is unfounded. The guy has a bad hamstring injury. End of story.