Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is going on with Dustin Keller?

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    He had a baby too last week - or someone he impregnated did. I wonder if that has anything to do with his recovery. It would be nice if he was looking to rehab 24/7,but I'm sure thats not the case now.
    I can't really subscribe to any of the conspiracy theories about Keller - as others have said this is his pay year and he'd be on the field if he could.

But if there's a theory that makes sense, it's this.

I think the real question is: If you are going to be a "ground and pound" offense how is it possible to not have any blocking TE's on your roster?

Keller can't block. Cumberland can't block and we had to pick up Reuland after our H-back Josh Baker got hurt in preseason.

It's another unfortunate example of some serious mis-management at the top. We have NO DEPTH. AT ANY POSITION. THROUGHOUT THE ROSTER.

PATHETIC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan52 View Post
    I think the real question is: If you are going to be a "ground and pound" offense how is it possible to not have any blocking TE's on your roster?

Keller can't block. Cumberland can't block and we had to pick up Reuland after our H-back Josh Baker got hurt in preseason.

It's another unfortunate example of some serious mis-management at the top. We have NO DEPTH. AT ANY POSITION. THROUGHOUT THE ROSTER.

PATHETIC.
    Injury aside, this is spot on.

The ground and pound notion was a joke from Day 1. Wrong personnel to run it. And to make matters worse, we have the wrong personnel for an air attack as well.

Result: Tannenbaum needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

The ground and pound notion was a joke from Day 1. Wrong personnel to run it. And to make matters worse, we have the wrong personnel for an air attack as well.

Couldn't agree more!

We are woefully inadequate throughout the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan52 View Post

PATHETIC.
    Depth isn't our problem.

I'd rather have great starters and no depth than mediocre starters and a ton of depth.

Our problem is that we don't have good starters.

All League
    Does Dustin have access to any cadavers?

Quote Originally Posted by Greener Pastures View Post
    Depth isn't our problem.

I'd rather have great starters and no depth than mediocre starters and a ton of depth.

Our problem is that we don't have good starters.
    Completely disagree.

Look at the Pats-some stars and lots of depth. Particularly on offense. Which in my opinion is really where it counts. The league rules have been skewed to aid offensive production and scoring. A great "D" can offset a great "O".

We have neither and I'd argue that while it's great to have stars, a team needs depth to offset injury. The Giants were all banged-up last year and managed to get hot late and win the SB. Pat's Welker gets hurt, they have Edelman or Woodhead.

To me, hamstring injuries are often a product of not being sufficiently warmed up and ready to play. Don't these guys have professionals to help them with this type of stuff? Someone's not doing their job and the player's are lazy if their muscles aren't sufficiently warmed up before playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    To me, hamstring injuries are often a product of not being sufficiently warmed up and ready to play. Don't these guys have professionals to help them with this type of stuff? Someone's not doing their job and the player's are lazy if their muscles aren't sufficiently warmed up before playing.
    +1.

Also, I don't think they are getting enough sleep.

Hall Of Fame

Any GM worth having is going to want to bring in his own coach. Woody loves Tanny and Rex. Worst case scenario, he will try to have Tanny stay on as a capologist and Rex stay on as coach. My fear is that this may cost us an opportunity to get a real GM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexamillion5592 View Post
    he's trying not to risk anything so it doesn't hurt him get a new contract in free agency...good call on his part.
    It's a contract year i.e. put it all out on the line this season, pad stats, and get some team to overpay for him in free agency.

He's screwing himself over.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Guy says he is hurt, he is hurt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Guy says he is hurt, he is hurt.
    Seriously.

The team sucks right now but that doesn't mean that everything is a conspiracy.

All League
    he was stretching last week pre game...If the hammy ain't ready you don't push it..Keller a ***** haaa would love to see one of you computer tough guys to say it to him..Haaa

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Seriously.

The team sucks right now but that doesn't mean that everything is a conspiracy.
    Well maybe we don't really suck?

All League

If you add the defense to the equation, it seems we have the wrong personnel for football.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Well maybe we don't really suck?
    That would be an illusion as opposed to a conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    There are ways to fake a hamstring pull. I don't have time to go into details, but it can easily be done.
    It's probably safe to assume that he brought a cadaver into the MRI machine?

Hill and Dustin Keller (hamstring) were both "with the rehab group" for Friday's practice and likely won't play against the Texans on Monday Night Football. The Jets and Texans will release their final injury reports on Saturday.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He has a "high" hamstring injury that goes from his hamstring to his vagina.

Once he comes back Sanchez will not look down field for the rest of the season.
    That was pretty funny!