Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did we ever draft a play maker on offense in the last 15 years???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Did we ever draft a play maker on offense in the last 15 years???

When was the last time we drafted a game breaker on offense high??? Anyone know??? I cant think of any......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keyshawn

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Keyshawn
    Check your math

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't think of any...Coles and Moss maybe?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez. Wait, I read the question wrong.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Can't think of any...Coles and Moss maybe?
    and we got rid of them both!!!! We never keep play makers on offense....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some will disagree, but I would say Leon Washington. He wasn't elite, but had some playmaking ability.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Some will disagree, but I would say Leon Washington. He wasn't elite, but had some playmaking ability.
    I won't disagree. His injury in '09 was so unfortunate - he would have given us everything LT did in '10 and '11 and possibly more.

Will always remember his long TD run to ice the Titans game in '08 when it looked like the Jets were the best team in the AFC...the only other time I felt this good about the team in the regular season was '98.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moss and Coles. That's really it. Leon was and still is a ST playmaker.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez.

Give him some time, legitimate receiving weapons, and a running game, he's the best QB we've ever had.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coles was a huge playmaker his first go on the Jets- but the question was drafted high? Coles I believe was drafted in the 3rd round as a RB...

Santana Moss is probably the last 1st round pick on offense who was good--- don't quote me but I think they drafted TE Anthony Becht and Chad Pennington in the 1st round that year also.

hmm... seems as if the Jets are known for making some of the absolute worst draft picks... and so it goes... on and on.. forever... and ever... ever.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    Coles was a huge playmaker his first go on the Jets- but the question was drafted high? Coles I believe was drafted in the 3rd round as a RB...

Santana Moss is probably the last 1st round pick on offense who was good--- don't quote me but I think they drafted TE Anthony Becht and Chad Pennington in the 1st round that year also.

hmm... seems as if the Jets are known for making some of the absolute worst draft picks... and so it goes... on and on.. forever... and ever... ever.
    Coles was a receiver... And yes, he was drafted in the 3rd round.

Coles and Moss were definitely the last two. Hoping Stephen Hill turns into another.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Becht, Pennington, Coles, Abraham and Ellis were all drafted in 2000...what a haul that was, to bad the Jets couldn't get more out of that core.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

We never seem to have enough talent...unless we trade for someone...what a mess...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Becht, Pennington, Abe and Ellis were all 1st round picks in the 2000 draft. Moss was a 1st round pick in 2001.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    When was the last time we drafted a game breaker on offense high??? Anyone know??? I cant think of any......
    Johnny Lam Jones!!!

He would be perfect for this team, another receiver with tremendous speed who couldn't catch the ball! Sound Familar?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Becht, Pennington, Coles, Abraham and Ellis were all drafted in 2000...what a haul that was, to bad the Jets couldn't get more out of that core.
    Say what you want about Anthony Becht but we havent had a TE that could run block like him in a long time...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 1st rounders in 1 years should just about guarantee a SB contending team for years. Shameful.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez.

Give him some time, legitimate receiving weapons, and a running game, he's the best QB we've ever had.

SAR I

Mark Sanchez in the 2010 playoffs, with some actual NFL receivers, got the job done offensively.

I know Sanchez is in hot water now, but he's in an absolutely impossible situation with this cast of RBs, WRs, and TEs. It's sad.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    4 1st rounders in 1 years should just about guarantee a SB contending team for years. Shameful.
    I always thought the Jets made a mistake by selecting guys with each of those picks. They could have been stockpiling picks for years (a la New England), but instead chose to take one shot at it.

They technically hit on 3 out of 4, so not a terrible decision, but the Jets could have been living off those four picks for several years had it been played differently.