Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did we ever draft a play maker on offense in the last 15 years???

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    The odd thing is you could almost put together a pro bowl quality team from all the guys we traded away, or released, i.e.

John Abraham, Kerry Rhodes, Alan Faneca, Braylon Edwards, Leon Washington, Joel Dreesen, Jonathan Vilma, Pete Kendall, Jerrico Cotchery, and the real puzzler, Dwight Lowery.
    Please hide all the sharp objects in my vicinity.

Moss is probably the last playmaker on offense that we drafted. The honest truth is the FO just doesn't seem to care about the offense and just keep concentrating on drafting D first and foremost.

Stephen Hill may turn out to be a great WR but right now he is a project.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez.

Give him some time, legitimate receiving weapons, and a running game, he's the best QB we've ever had.

SAR I
    He had all that in his first two years with the Jets! Do you see any rings on his fingers? He was adequate but hardly great or as you said " the best QB we've ever had".

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Mark Sanchez in the 2010 playoffs, with some actual NFL receivers, got the job done offensively.

I know Sanchez is in hot water now, but he's in an absolutely impossible situation with this cast of RBs, WRs, and TEs. It's sad.
    But this FO has a plan................

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    No, they don't. Fate has dealt them a strange hand. On the one hand a lot of fans called Darrelle a diva for holding out & Santonio overrated. To those people I say "are you happy now?" On the other hand this is a rare opportunity for other players to step up & get noticed. I know it won't be easy, but it can be done and the team can win games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    No, they don't. Fate has dealt them a strange hand. On the one hand a lot of fans called Darrelle a diva for holding out & Santonio overrated. To those people I say "are you happy now?" On the other hand this is a rare opportunity for other players to step up & get noticed. I know it won't be easy, but it can be done and the team can win games.
    FATE? Tannenbaums drafts and personnel moves from 2010 have not provided an NFL competitive roster.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    FATE? Tannenbaums drafts and personnel moves from 2010 have not provided an NFL competitive roster.
    2010? The year of the lockout? Please, this new CBA is a joke not to mention every team is getting hit with the injury bug. Tannenbaum drafts according to the coaches needs and can you count how many HC & coordinators he's been through since Terry Bradway days?

Jets Insider VIP
    2010? The year of the lockout? Please, this new CBA is a joke not to mention every team is getting hit with the injury bug. Tannenbaum drafts according to the coaches needs and can you count how many HC & coordinators he's been through since Terry Bradway days?
    Wilson, Vlad, McNight and Conner?????

OK, if you think that is a good draft, not to mention only 4 picks then we are too far apart.

We trade away picks like bubble gum, draft poorly with what we have and do NOT get good back ups in the 5th round and after. This roster is a function of Tanny and Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez.

Give him some time, legitimate receiving weapons, and a running game, he's the best QB we've ever had.

SAR I
    I'm with you on the first part, a little more to prove for the second.

Unfortunately, he will never get the chance here.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    so does the President....I know, political. I couldnt resist.

I always thought Leon Washington was a play maker.

All Pro
    if you wanna count santana moss.....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    We should suck this year get a high pick and trade down for more picks
    Unless there's a real franchise changing player at the top of the draft...which there doesn't appear to be any...

I'd say Jordan was a play maker he just never started for us. He got injured after he left and was never the same. He did look great before his injury though. Moss and Coles where play makers. With Leon and Smith this should have been a lot of play makers really but we never used those two right. Leon was anther one that couldn't stay healthy tough. We where set up to run the stupid WC more then anyone and we never used it. Now we don't have the personnel and all of the sudden it is a great idea. Mark and Tebow can't make a legit WC threat IMO. We need a RB and a WR that can play a role too.

Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    Moss is probably the last playmaker on offense that we drafted. The honest truth is the FO just doesn't seem to care about the offense and just keep concentrating on drafting D first and foremost.
    And the real scary thing about that is: name one playmaker we have on defense besides Revis. Still waiting...

Hall Of Fame
    Well isnt that part of the problem? Who is responsible for these coaches and coaching changes? If anything the new CBA should make drafting easier now, you dont have the financial burden of risky high draft picks any longer. As far as Bradway, well he is still here somehow and one of the Jets top personnel guys, nothing has really changed in the Jets front office since 2001. Tanny was the cap guy, Bradway was the talent guy, all they did was change their titles in 2006.

Veteran
    we have neglected the offense with quality players , let alone playmakers.

on top of that the defense isn't and IMO never been that scary bad ass group that Rex claims to be. when was the last time you were confident the def could make a stop. the lack of pass rush is evident time and time again when jets can't stop teams on 3rd.

he'll draft a legit k and p, and maybe the field position game can help you win.

no offense, no def, no st... living off back to back afc championship is a joke ..

I'm still young, 30s , I have no problem blowing this **** up and starting witha. gm who know what they are doing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    That might work, but their drafting of defensive players hasn't really worked lately either.

I think we could of potentially had a great defense if we didn't immediately switch to a tampa 2 with Herm Edwards. Abraham and Ellis were drafted to play in a 3-4. those 2 could have been the foundation to a great 3-4 defense.

All Pro
    All the other teams have to go by the rules of the CBA so if it's an advantage or a disadvantage, it's the same for everyone.
    And as to every team getting the injury bug - somehow it hasn't ended anyone's season but the Jets'.