Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First State Polls out Since the Debate

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    I heard on the radio this morning that Obama is 4 points behind Romney in the polls.

What Obama has to do is get the next debate focused on foreign policy and especially on Syria. We are at a critical point now, with war is just around the corner. The public has to hear Romney's response on Syria. I heard that he favors providing weapons to the rebels. That would bring us to the point of war. And Americans don't want that.
    Romney gave a foreign policy address yesterday. You should read or watch it before you throw out the "I heard" comments. One of the debates will have a sole focus on Foreign Policy so you will get your wish. Though I'm a bit surprised that you would be excited for such a thing. Between the Bengazi cover up, National Security Leaks, Apology Tour, Arab Spring leading to the Islamic Radical Summer, snubs of Israel and Fast and Furious the "yea but I got Bin Ladin" response wont be sufficient.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    I heard on the radio this morning that Obama is 4 points behind Romney in the polls.

What Obama has to do is get the next debate focused on foreign policy and especially on Syria. We are at a critical point now, with war is just around the corner. The public has to hear Romney's response on Syria. I heard that he favors providing weapons to the rebels. That would bring us to the point of war. And Americans don't want that.
    Given Obamas rather obviosu record as "Bush Term III" in terms iof foreign policy, war policy, domestic (spying) policy, Terrorism policy (if not verbage) and the like, he'll be very hard pressed to "play up" his foreign policy cred outside the "I killed OBL *****es!" mantra.

And it opens him up to criticism for trying to extend Iraq (and failing) , losing more lives than Bush in Afghanistan with a surge that patently failed, using Bush era intel he criticised to get OBL down, and of course, the Libya War, the Arab Spring, and the Libya Killings of US Ambassador on his watch (or as Obama puts it, that bump in the road).

No, unless Romney totally drops the ball, the Foreign Policy debate should be advantage Romney. It's domestic that Obama has the chance to sell his collectivism as the betetr idea for America.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It's domestic that Obama has the chance to sell his collectivism as the betetr idea for America.
    Only if the masses continue to treat him as "candidate Obama" instead of "four years just wasn't enough" Obama.

I could see why people fell for it four years ago. But there's just too much history now to continue to be mesmerized by "hope and change".

Having said that, I know there are still an unbelievable amount of people who are . . .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Romney also believes that our national economic policy is part of our foreign policy, something that Obama has no concept of. So we might hear something along those lines.

Re: The Pew Poll - WOW! Obama sunk big time while Romney sky rocketed!!