Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Major major problem - why there will be no improvement

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    You keep hearing during the week how good of a practice this team is having, or how a player is developing.

Many have accused Rex of overhyping players, myself included. But maybe, just maybe, there is a different issue.

Since we have one of the least talented rosters in the game, void of real talent and playmakers on both sides of the ball (esp with Revis and Holmes IRed), maybe Rex is telling the truth.

Maybe during the week, these guys look like world beaters when playing against each other. However, when Sunday comes, and there is real competition with NFL level talent, the passing windows get tighter, the game speed is quicker, and they are simply not used to seeing it or able to adjust.

Think about it. You go from having to try to tackle Shonne Greene, or rush against Austin Howard, to chasing CJ Spiller, and getting manhandled by a Jake Long.
    Just a thought.
    one issue: How can the windows get tighter on game day; if practicing against Revis and Cromartie?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    one issue: How can the windows get tighter on game day; if practicing against Revis and Cromartie?
    The 1st team defense rarely faces the 1st team offense in a typical practice.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greener Pastures View Post
    I find it funny that you would show up here on October 5th and start a thread about something that knowledgeable Jets fans have been talking about for a year and a half.
    True Dat!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cro is not that good and how many times in pre season did we here about hill beating Revis. Add in the fact that our d line can't rush for crap, Sanchez had all day to throw the ball. Crappy players practicing against other crappy players = 2012 Jets.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets defense practices against the Jet Offense and thinks they are a great defense

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 1st team defense rarely faces the 1st team offense in a typical practice.
    I'd like to understand how that works - scout teams etc?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, you'd have a higher post count if you kept your original name, before you probably got kicked off.

Welcome back. Im sure it wont be for long.
    You were trolled by Roger Vick. I guess you should be flattered.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a simple answer to this atrocity?
    We are poorly coached!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you kidding me?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not one player has developed under Rex when he claims that he is great coach. Now we are entirely throwing Tanny under the bus claiming the team has no talent, last year it was Shotty, off season it was Sanchez.

Its Rex

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Not one player has developed under Rex when he claims that he is great coach. Now we are entirely throwing Tanny under the bus claiming the team has no talent, last year it was Shotty, off season it was Sanchez.

Its Rex
    Actually, it's that we don't have Faneca and DWood letting defenses know what's coming. The Jets line is better for pass blocking now.

Yes, I know what THAT means.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to understand how that works - scout teams etc?
    I can't say I'm an expert, but here is my understanding. They each practice against scout teams that 'represent' the team they are playing that week.

There is an article in the daily news (I think) that talks about how this week Rex for the first time had the two 1st teams practice against one another.

As for Roger Vick, and the 'true dat' poster. I am honored they spent time to speak to 'morons' like me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Cro is not that good and how many times in pre season did we here about hill beating Revis. Add in the fact that our d line can't rush for crap, Sanchez had all day to throw the ball. Crappy players practicing against other crappy players = 2012 Jets.
    Yes, Cro and Revis are not that good. Lol. Do u watch football?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    They practice against each other... it's no wonder they look good.

Well the fact that both sides of the ball stink right now does speak volumes!