Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you take Pioli?

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    He goes by the name "Carlton" now. He's irreplaceable.

Scott Pioli sucks.
    My God, nobody in this thread got this except me.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    My God, nobody in this thread got this except me.
    WAit; POLI sucks? I had it wrong?

Gotta be that sweater-drape. Tough one to roll with.

I don't like Pioli. My preference is Cowher. But if you're telling me the choice is only between Pioli and Tanny, then yes, Pioli by far.

That said, we should stop getting our hopes up. Woody is not firing the GM and we all know that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I don't see the solid team. That team is pretty bad except for like 3 players. I don't know how Romeo is expected to win with that team.
    I see a solid team. they have nice pieces , PLaymakers, on both side of the ball. the problem is that qb is not that good. he throws picks all the time, and is really a super backup. with a good qb, that team would take off !

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalJet View Post
    If he gets canned end of this season and you are Woody Johnson, would you go after Pioli for GM.

I would.
    Why? On his own, he has been an epic failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Bill Polian or bust!
    Absolutely not. His drafts for the past 10 years has been very questionable. We need a young hungry football guy. Forget these has beens.

Hall Of Fame
    Polian > Pioli.

Another positive about Polian is that he and Fatty hate each other.

Forget Polian - he's too old. Basically he quit working once Manning was drafted.

I don't like Pioli either. His draft / personnel record in KC has been fairly suspect.

I'd much rather have a young guy on the staff from an organization with some long term success - Green Bay, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Giants.

How about giants assistant gm Kevin Abrams? He has been there as the assistant for 11 years.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Forget Polian - he's too old. Basically he quit working once Manning was drafted.

I don't like Pioli either. His draft / personnel record in KC has been fairly suspect.

I'd much rather have a young guy on the staff from an organization with some long term success - Green Bay, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Giants.
    120% agreed

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    How about giants assistant gm Kevin Abrams? He has been there as the assistant for 11 years.
    +1

Get Reese's understudy.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
    I see a solid team. they have nice pieces , PLaymakers, on both side of the ball. the problem is that qb is not that good. he throws picks all the time, and is really a super backup. with a good qb, that team would take off !
    Remember Cassel had a good year when Brady went down and was the hot stuff free agent back then. I believe there were several teams after him and honestly at that time made perfect sense for what KC was trying to do.

If he gets canned end of this season and you are Woody Johnson, would you go after Pioli for GM.

I would.
    Change for the sake of change.

All Pro
    Not interested in Pioli. Without Parcells and Belichick (both very hands on in terms of personnel) he's been a disaster in KC.

Bill Polian I'd be thrilled with, but I don't think he wants to be a full time GM anymore.

I would.
    NO!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Change for the sake of change.
    No - T has been the GM for how long? How many coaches have we gone through? How many championships do we have? How many superbowls have we been in? How many have we won?

No - T has been the GM for how long? How many coaches have we gone through? How many championships do we have? How many superbowls have we been in? How many have we won?
    Pioli has done worse with the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Pioli has done worse with the Chiefs.
    I thought that as well so I looked up his draft & FA record.

DRAFT

Pioli has had 4 drafts with KC. Here are his #1 choices:

2009 Tyson Jackson
    2010 Eric Berry
    2011 Jonathan Baldwin
    2012 Dontari Poe

Only Berry could be considered an impact player. Jackson is a JAG and the other guys are backups. Not very good at all.

Overall the Pioli's drafts have added backup players but no real studs. And he's had lots of misses too. Of his 32 total draft picks 8 ( 25% ) are no longer on the team.

I will give him credit for adding at least one OL per year in rounds 2 or 3 to rebuild the Chiefs line. This has given the team good depth there.

FA

Pioli started poor by signing QB Matt Cassel to a 60M contract. He's had one good year since then and three mediocre ones (completion rate 58%).

He let Tony Gonzalez go who went on to 4 great years with Atlanta.

Again Pioli did well with the OL - singing OG Ron Lilja from the Colts and RT Eric Winston from Houston. KC leads the NFL in rushing so far this year.

Got Dwayne Bowe under contract after a holdout.

OVERALL

Pioli has not set the world on fire for the Chiefs. His drafts have been mediocre. FA record is both good and bad.

He inherited a fair bit of talent from Herm Edwards: LT Branden Albert, CB Brandon Flowers, RB Jamaal Charles, CB Brandon Carr, WR Dwayne Bowe. That's probably why the team went 10-6 in 2010. Since then there's been a fall-off.

Eerily similar to Tannenbaum in a lot of ways. Definitely not a sure upgrade.