Thread: Wesley Walker is absolutely right, Mark Sanchez needs to ....

Wesley Walker is absolutely right, Mark Sanchez needs to ....

step the fark up!!

Count Wesley Walker among the many critics of quarterback Mark Sanchez.

The former Jets star receiver, who will be inducted into the team's Ring of Honor along with defensive end Mark Gastineau Monday night, said Sanchez hasn't played up to his potential, especially when facing the kind of adversity the Jets are battling now.

“Mark Sanchez has yet to prove to be the quarterback, which I would say performs when he is just the guy,” Walker said. “You’re going to have injuries, some of your weapons you lose. What Mark Sanchez has to do to become a premier quarterback, he’s got to be the No. 1 guy. No matter who’s out there, you step up your game.”

“If you look at his numbers, they’re OK compared to some quarterbacks around the league,” the two-time All-Pro added. “What I’m looking for is not the sloppy performances, when you turn the ball over. There’s not that consistency.”

“There are people I speak to, they don’t have that confidence in Mark Sanchez. … This is the time right now he can prove a lot of people wrong.”

Walker said the “people” who doubt Sanchez’s ability he was referring to don’t reside within the Jets organization. He, however, seemed to be one of them, though he said he fully supported the embattled quarterback.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...#ixzz28TrSAacs

Wesley Walker sounds like Mitt Romney. Is it Wesley's opinion or not? Is this based on the people "outside" the organization or not?

"He, however, seemed to be one of them, though he said he fully supported the embattled quarterback." Huh?

Wesley, put your name on it if you believe it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy9NyUKcGQw

Someone on some show somewhere said something like this at some point:

"You can win with Mark Sanchez, but you can't win because of Mark Sanchez."

(I'm in no mood to do the Google)

Can't even imagine how much of that was taken out of context. Obviously the guy was trying to motivate Sanchez.

"He, however, seemed to be one of them, though he said he fully supported the embattled quarterback."

Is from the author trying to make it look like it was Walker saying it. I hate the media.

Walker would be the best receiver on our team..........right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Walker would be the best receiver on our team..........right now.
    He and Maynard would be duking it out

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    He and Maynard would be duking it out
    for 2nd behind TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN

Jets Insider VIP
    This isnt rocket science. Sanchez has to play better. Hes currently playing as the worst starter in NFL. He leads the league with 35 off target incompletions. Thats on him. You cant blame the sucky receivers for that. If he made 15 better throws that were completed, his completion percentage would go from 49% to 60%.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    This isnt rocket science. Sanchez has to play better. Hes currently playing as the worst starter in NFL. He leads the league with 35 off target incompletions. Thats on him. You cant blame the sucky receivers for that. If he made 15 better throws that were completed, his completion percentage would go from 49% to 60%.
    Some of the drops (of which there have been more then a few, at really bad times) are probably the result of receivers not expecting the ball to be catchable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Wesley Walker sounds like Mitt Romney. Is it Wesley's opinion or not? Is this based on the people "outside" the organization or not?

"He, however, seemed to be one of them, though he said he fully supported the embattled quarterback." Huh?

Wesley, put your name on it if you believe it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy9NyUKcGQw
    Oh you mean he sounded like a winner! Enough with political nonsense here. Put it where it belongs!

I have met Wesley and actually had a drink or two with him.
    He is correct here but one point he did not bring up was the lack of skill position help he does not have. Some one else needs to step up with him. Kellr 4 games with a hammy....
    no running game.....
    no dependable receiver and the best receiver out for the yr...
    Who is going to be

Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    I have met Wesley and actually had a drink or two with him. e
    which was it?

A drink or two?

you know what? sanchez can make his receivers dependable by throwing them the ball when they are open and where they can catch it. targeting holmes 14 or 15 times a game just wasn't going to work because the other guys would just start sitting back. sanchez has to make a point of getting the ball to the right guy and then making sure they get the props if they catch and catch hell if they muff. boy brady is always giving his receivers grief. it keeps them on their toes and makes it clear they need to run their routes correctly and catch the ball. and once they start catching the ball they'll do it better. kerley has showed some promise. so has hill. maybe shillens can catch a few. add in keller and cumberland and maybe things will start to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    I have met Wesley and actually had a drink or two with him.
    He is correct here but one point he did not bring up was the lack of skill position help he does not have. Some one else needs to step up with him. Kellr 4 games with a hammy....
    no running game.....
    no dependable receiver and the best receiver out for the yr...
    Who is going to be

It's not like Sanchez wakes up in the morning on game day and says to himself, "I'm going to suck today, and I'm OK with that." If he could have "stepped up," he would have done so already. He is what he is and he is not going to make himself any better. He's a gunslinger who plays on emotion cast in the role of game manager. When he doesn't do well, he pouts and his game gets worse, and his teammates are brought down by his negative attitude. Sometimes he goes on a hot streak. That's what we got. The bad and the good. If the team wants him to play better, it will create an offensive system around him that will allow him to have success as a risk taker. Deep passes, receiver routes designed around roll outs. A screen pass game. These things won't change who he is, but will at least optimize the chances he will have greater success.

And, in any event, I don't get how players who have been starting for some time are told they need to "step up." Have they been playing at less than 100%? If they are asked to take on roles they previously haven't played, then sure, "step up" means do what it takes to have success in a new role. Like when injury puts a 2nd stringer into a starting role, he is supposed to "step up." I take that to mean he needs to focus on his new role, but not that his physical skills are somehow miraculously supposed to get better.