Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Is Losing Holmes a blessing is disguise?

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Is Losing Holmes a blessing is disguise?

    Now Sanchez that doesn't have to worry about force feeding a selfish receiver......he can just spread the ball around..thoughts?

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was far from the issue.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    That was far from the issue.
    I agree with you. This issue wasn't even on the radar. Who is he going to spread the ball to now if they don't get open, can't catch or are still injured and not playing?

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,196
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Now Sanchez that doesn't have to worry about force feeding a selfish receiver......he can just spread the ball around..thoughts?
    It'd be keen if it works out that way, but the stats from the 49ers game don't look promising.

    Sanchez with Santonio: 10/21 93 yards 9.3 avg
    Sanchez without Santonio: 3/8 10 yards 3.33 avg

    It would be nice to have a bigger sample of throws to consider, but you know, we suck.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like
    the issue is SUCKchez is the worst starting QB in the NFL hands down... WHen the jets get a top 15 starting QB they will be a force. If the Jets had Rivers or Alex Smith or Luck or RGIII or Romo or just about anybody they wud be in a much better place. SUCKchez is terrible. SUCKchez cannot read a defense.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I agree with you. This issue wasn't even on the radar. Who is he going to spread the ball to now if they don't get open, can't catch or are still injured and not playing?
    I agree with you, but I also agree with op. The available options at WR are pretty weak right now and the issues of separation and hands are a big concern going forward. However, Holmes sulking and general bad attitude would effect any QB/team. If Hill hadn't gotten hurt and Keller was playing I could make the case for the Jets being better off without Holmes, but at this point sanchez has zero weapons on the outside.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I agree with you, but I also agree with op. The available options at WR are pretty weak right now and the issues of separation and hands are a big concern going forward. However, Holmes sulking and general bad attitude would effect any QB/team. If Hill hadn't gotten hurt and Keller was playing I could make the case for the Jets being better off without Holmes, but at this point sanchez has zero weapons on the outside.
    Ummmmm This.......

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    2,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're half right. Losing Holmes is a blessing, but it will not help Mark. Holmes is a monumental POS that creates tension, aggravation, and a general bad vibe in the locker room. Losing him may help the team get some of its mojo back. However it will not help Mark, because frankly, he isn't any good. I just had to see him play without Schitthead running the offense to be certain.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    You're half right. Losing Holmes is a blessing, but it will not help Mark. Holmes is a monumental POS that creates tension, aggravation, and a general bad vibe in the locker room. Losing him may help the team get some of its mojo back. However it will not help Mark, because frankly, he isn't any good. I just had to see him play without Schitthead running the offense to be certain.

  10. #10
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, it will be a huge blessing when Tebow is starting next Sunday against Indy

    Search your feelings, you know it to be true

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,450
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by will7046 View Post
    Ya, it will be a huge blessing when Tebow is starting next Sunday against Indy

    Search your feelings, you know it to be true
    I have to say this. Mark and Holmes's future where linked. Sanchez doesn't mesh with very many WRs. Cotch went from a 1k WR to a guy that wasn't even a #4 on this team. He has trust issues and this is ultimately his end. He could have Jerry Rice and Randy Moss in their primes and still not produce. He needs a WR that will kick him in the butt and that was Holmes. People may not like him for it but he was a good fit for Mark IMO.

    Sadly we may see 2-3 other QBs play this year. If Sanchez blows and vs Houston he likely will. He is just done and should be after 4 horrid games in a row. I did not think he would have that many piss poor games all year. Yet Sanchez continues to make this team the real joke not Tebow. Yeah we aren't expecting great QB play but he can do better then what we have seen so far this year. Sanchez is putting up Russell #s right now.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I have to say this. Mark and Holmes's future where linked. Sanchez doesn't mesh with very many WRs. Cotch went from a 1k WR to a guy that wasn't even a #4 on this team. He has trust issues and this is ultimately his end. He could have Jerry Rice and Randy Moss in their primes and still not produce. He needs a WR that will kick him in the butt and that was Holmes. People may not like him for it but he was a good fit for Mark IMO.

    Sadly we may see 2-3 other QBs play this year. If Sanchez blows and vs Houston he likely will. He is just done and should be after 4 horrid games in a row. I did not think he would have that many piss poor games all year. Yet Sanchez continues to make this team the real joke not Tebow. Yeah we aren't expecting great QB play but he can do better then what we have seen so far this year. Sanchez is putting up Russell #s right now.
    Sanchez is only linked with Holmes because of Tanny signing him to that absurd contract. Braylon and Mark had a better rapport.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Sanchez is only linked with Holmes because of Tanny signing him to that absurd contract. Braylon and Mark had a better rapport.
    Any fan of the Jets for the last three years knows what you say is true.....

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I have to say this. Mark and Holmes's future where linked. Sanchez doesn't mesh with very many WRs. Cotch went from a 1k WR to a guy that wasn't even a #4 on this team. He has trust issues and this is ultimately his end. He could have Jerry Rice and Randy Moss in their primes and still not produce. He needs a WR that will kick him in the butt and that was Holmes. People may not like him for it but he was a good fit for Mark IMO.

    Sadly we may see 2-3 other QBs play this year. If Sanchez blows and vs Houston he likely will. He is just done and should be after 4 horrid games in a row. I did not think he would have that many piss poor games all year. Yet Sanchez continues to make this team the real joke not Tebow. Yeah we aren't expecting great QB play but he can do better then what we have seen so far this year. Sanchez is putting up Russell #s right now.
    I liked Jerricho but he had just 1 season of 1,000+ in 07 with Chad and Clemens as the QB's..He had 18 tds in his 7 seasons with the Jets now some think of him as Jerry Rice...

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    totally disagree about holmes being good for sanchez. holmes wasn't doing his job very well so sanchez would throw him the ball and holmes would muff it. and holmes was also hogging the qb's attention so the rest of the guys had no faith sanchez would throw them the ball. the receivers will get better as they catch more balls and gain confidence.

    can't say i know what went wrong with cotch. he was a money 3rd down pass receiver and sanchez did make some nice plays with him. he wasn't a number one guy but who on the jets is? holmes is supposed to be but he's got too much of an ego to really make the stature work for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I have to say this. Mark and Holmes's future where linked. Sanchez doesn't mesh with very many WRs. Cotch went from a 1k WR to a guy that wasn't even a #4 on this team. He has trust issues and this is ultimately his end. He could have Jerry Rice and Randy Moss in their primes and still not produce. He needs a WR that will kick him in the butt and that was Holmes. People may not like him for it but he was a good fit for Mark IMO.

    Sadly we may see 2-3 other QBs play this year. If Sanchez blows and vs Houston he likely will. He is just done and should be after 4 horrid games in a row. I did not think he would have that many piss poor games all year. Yet Sanchez continues to make this team the real joke not Tebow. Yeah we aren't expecting great QB play but he can do better then what we have seen so far this year. Sanchez is putting up Russell #s right now.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    7,785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I just had to see him play without Schitthead running the offense to be certain.
    Pretty Much.


    There were a lot of questions - "who's the problem" and while I can't say Schotty is absolved, Mark is, without a doubt, a liability. Sure, he looks great when he turns it on - but it's too far from often for anyone to depend on.
    Last edited by Paradis; 10-06-2012 at 07:02 PM.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah because Sanchez is going to light the world on fire with his awesome group of receivers and RBs.

    Jeremy Kerley, Chaz Schilens, and Clyde Gates. Awesome trio. Jeff Cumberland at TE, OMG>

    Then the studs we have at RB, this is definitely a blessing...

    This team is going to end up with a top 5 draft pick.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,102
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by will7046 View Post
    Ya, it will be a huge blessing when Tebow is starting next Sunday against Indy

    Search your feelings, you know it to be true
    I searched my feelings and I say don't wait for an easy team, start him Monday and watch the excuses fly when he gets us demolished. Neither teblow nor sanchez has had time build any rapor with the WRs that will play Monday outside of Kerley and the crappy running game applies to both so let's just put the savior out there and see what happens. Then put Mark back in for Indy and let's compare notes.

    You Tzoms are just drooling to see it happen your way cause that's the only way teblow has a prayer of looking good against Sanchez. Teblow vs a crappy team vs Sanchez against the best team in the league.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,643
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Now Sanchez that doesn't have to worry about force feeding a selfish receiver......he can just spread the ball around..thoughts?
    I think you are right. I expect kids like Schilens and Kerley, as well as Hill(S) to develop quickly this year. J Hill is an unknown but he could be fine with us too.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,450
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Sanchez is only linked with Holmes because of Tanny signing him to that absurd contract. Braylon and Mark had a better rapport.
    People keep over stating this but Mark struggled a lot with BE too. I don't think he really liked any of his WRs to be honest. BE did not look any better then Holmes when he was here. The last few years I blamed BE for being a dog here but maybe it was more Mark. Mark has had some good talent and hasn't looked good with any of them. Well maybe Plax but how good can an old slow WR that hadn't played in 2 years look! The fact we haven't had a 1k yard WR sense what 07 and I don't think we can blame the WRs anymore. Maybe Mark finds a better option out there in Kerley or Chaz but I don't it. I like them but they are not better talents then Holmes. They are linked because they needed each other to keep their jobs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us