Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Losing Holmes a blessing is disguise?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Now Sanchez that doesn't have to worry about force feeding a selfish receiver......he can just spread the ball around..thoughts?
    IMO it's diva receivers that move the chains & make the big 1st down plays. Santonio was in that league. He has a Superbowl ring & MVP award to prove it.

With that being said I never wish ill will on an injured player, but it's the nature of the beast that this is a blessing in disguise. The team needs players to step up and take advantage of the open roster spots at WR, CB and TE.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    IMO it's diva receivers that move the chains & make the big 1st down plays. Santonio was in that league. He has a Superbowl ring & MVP award to prove it.

With that being said I never wish ill will on an injured player, but it's the nature of the beast that this is a blessing in disguise. The team needs players to step up and take advantage of the open roster spots at WR, CB and TE.

Disagree wholeheartedly. So does Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, AJ Green, Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, Torrey Smith, etc. There is no correlation between being a douchebag and a quality receiver. Holmes is a turd and I hope he played his last game as a Jet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Holmes has been living off the same play since it occurred. He is a no. 2 receiver .. Plain as day. If you add that the degree of disruption he causes the locker room plus his uneducated nonsensical remarks to the media ... He is more like a no. 5 receiver. How many 1000 yards seasons ... Seasons with over 10 TDs ?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, losing our one and only weapon on offense is surely a blessing.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately no. He has talent, our offensive roster is virtually devoid of talent. But u can thank Rex and his defensive drafting over the last 4 years for that. I wouldn't have a problem with it if we actually drafted a legit starter who could dominate games, b he hasn't. Trust me, I'm done with that thug santonio after he flipped the ball up in the air after going down on Sunday. He can take his flat brimmed hat wearing crystal drinking butt, down to crack smokin lane and never come back for all I care

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

You're like a broken record.

Deion Branch also has a Superbowl ring and MVP award. Guess what, he isn't that good. Neither is Santonio Holmes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    You're like a broken record.

Deion Branch also has a Superbowl ring and MVP award. Guess what, he isn't that good. Neither is Santonio Holmes.
    ... and from above ... a voice of reason hailed ....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's Chazz Schillens time to shine! Whoooo!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not even "in disguise"! I am sad for Santonio that he got injured and I wish for him to get better soon, but I hope that by the time he does so he's playing for another team.