Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanchez Brushes Off His Struggles

Quote Originally Posted by eze4unme View Post
    I have never seen a 4th year qb who has been given different recievers every year he has played.
    I think the revolving door at wide receiver has more to do with Mark Sanchez not performing well, wide receivers losing respect for him and the Jets organization trying to fix it by replacing receivers.

They brought in Braylon Edwards who now says this when comparing his current QB Russell Wilson to Mark Sanchez:
    "I see better things," Edwards said of Wilson, via Yahoo! Sports. “It’s like I said after the Chiefs game -- it’s his approach. It’s very veteran-like. He studies film; he breaks it down. He doesn’t approach it like a rookie, and he’s not looking for excuses. He’s very impressive."

Derick Mason who came and went in record time said this about Sanchez's performance in 2011:
    “This year [Sanchez] wasn’t able to [lead] because he was so up and down and guys wouldn’t listen to him,”

Jerricho Cotchery doesn't want to come back to the Jets, saying this earlier this year:
    “I wouldn’t necessarily say it was close,’’ Cotchery said Wednesday during a conference call with New York-area reporters. “Yes, I did talk to the Jets, but at the end of the day, Pittsburgh really wanted me back here, and it’s a place I wanted to come back to."

Plaxico Burress appeared on ESPN’s “First Take” and was asked if he believes Sanchez is the quarterback to lead the Jets to a Super Bowl.
    “They just paid him, so I think they believe he is,” Burress said, referring to Sanchez’s contract extension in March.

Not really ringing endorsements for the Jets or their QB.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Who cares how good or classy he is.

He flat out sucks. What will it take for you to see the light?

S-U-C-K-S
    comment was not based on performance, the guy was questioning his heart.

I know you all are going to call me a sanchez apologist or suck up but I'm not. I haven't totally given up on him true, but I've been asking for McElroy to get some time for a year and a half too. Anyway, stuff like below is unfair and a reach so I had to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    I think the revolving door at wide receiver has more to do with Mark Sanchez not performing well, wide receivers losing respect for him and the Jets organization trying to fix it by replacing receivers.

They brought in Braylon Edwards who now says this when comparing his current QB Russell Wilson to Mark Sanchez:
    "I see better things," Edwards said of Wilson, via Yahoo! Sports. “It’s like I said after the Chiefs game -- it’s his approach. It’s very veteran-like. He studies film; he breaks it down. He doesn’t approach it like a rookie, and he’s not looking for excuses. He’s very impressive."

He's praising his new QB and fitting in. Nothing there is a knock on Sanchez.

Derick Mason who came and went in record time said this about Sanchez's performance in 2011:
    “This year [Sanchez] wasn’t able to [lead] because he was so up and down and guys wouldn’t listen to him,”

Gotta take that one with a grain of salt. He went to Rex complaining about Shotty is the way I remember it, and got fired. So

Jerricho Cotchery doesn't want to come back to the Jets, saying this earlier this year:
    “I wouldn’t necessarily say it was close,’’ Cotchery said Wednesday during a conference call with New York-area reporters. “Yes, I did talk to the Jets, but at the end of the day, Pittsburgh really wanted me back here, and it’s a place I wanted to come back to."

How is that a knock on Sanchez? He got pushed back to number 4 reciever and left. Why would he want to come back?

Plaxico Burress appeared on ESPN’s “First Take” and was asked if he believes Sanchez is the quarterback to lead the Jets to a Super Bowl.
    “They just paid him, so I think they believe he is,” Burress said, referring to Sanchez’s contract extension in March.

Now your are cherry picking. Burress made statements after this praising Sanchez and the team, Granted, he was getting desperate for a job but still, even the above quote is hardly a dis.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post

Nothing in these comments even mentions Sanchez... WTF?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    comment was not based on performance, the guy was questioning his heart.
    Sorry. Im sure he is a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Sorry. Im sure he is a nice guy.
    lol.