Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gastineau Painting...

i basically go by what the guy does on the football field on game day.

who is anyone to judge another person for what he does off the field.

only god can judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

only god can judge.
    don't bring your religion into this. This is about Gastineau it's not about some higher power you might believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    don't bring your religion into this. This is about Gastineau it's not about some higher power you might believe in.
    im not. i will leave that for the tebow crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

only god can judge.
    It's all you can really do. Most pro athletes are total jerks, I don't even like to meet players in public for fear that it will make it hard to like/cheer for them on the field.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Ring of Honor B*TCHES!!!

Sweet !

Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    Sweet !
    Thanks dude, Curtis Martin is almost complete.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    quality post...... you must be young enough to not have had life kick you in the balls. It will. How we recover is the measuring stick.
    im with you bro... all these guys hate on him & dont know why, really... cause he left his wife?... thats his thing, cause he showboated?... I LOVED it... cause he juiced? they all did... i dont know what he did that everybody hates him... i was mad when he left the game...He still owns the sack record imo...

Rookie
    Gastineau made LT look like a choir boy, but it's all swept under the carpet because he's white.
    Atleast #99 wasn't a crackhead!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1223 View Post
    Atleast #99 wasn't a crackhead!
    Or sleeping with underage girls.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Or sleeping with underage girls.
    True indeed!LOL!

LT said he was spending thousands of dollars per day on narcotics during the prime of his career. Funniest stories were when he sent hookers over to team hotel of his opponent, and one time he showed up to a team meeting in hand cuffs because the hookers he was with lost the keys. Not so funny story was when his wife had to pick him up from a crack house.

Quote Originally Posted by paulyjet View Post
    ...He still owns the sack record imo...
    he wasn`t liked by ANYONE in the NFL. He EARNED every sack he got and thus, still owns the record. That gap-toothed idiot got a freebie from Favre and that shouldn`t count. Strahan was liked by everyone in the league. I wonder just how many free sacks he actually got. Gastineau was hated by his own teammates. Hated by everyone and still managed to get sacks. He was a beast. He deserves better from Jets fans. His personal life is his and he make decisions on what he believes in. His GF Brigette Nielson(sp?)was diagnosed with some sort of ovarian cancer and he decided that was more important than playing football. It was the right decision. I believe he was also on mark to break his own sack record that season. I think he had 8 sacks after just 4 games played. I could be wrong but I think that was it. I don`t know about the juicing stuff. He was one of the most fit athletes in the league at that time. 4% body fat whatever that means.

Jets Insider VIP
    Gastineau made LT look like a choir boy, but it's all swept under the carpet because he's white.
    That was ****ing stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    He said that Hess was very good to him, a lot better than his teammates were, so if you look at it that way, the move made perfect sense.

So much is made of Gastineau crossing the line, but plenty of other guys crossed the picket line in 87, including Jets Team Captain Joe Fields. Some other notable names you may have heard of were: Joe Montana, Dwight Clark and Roger Craig.
    We sure could use a passrusher like him these days. He wasted a lot of his talent with his lunatic behaviour but was a demon passrusher in his prime. Pity his indiscretions overshadowed his supreme talent

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    he wasn`t liked by ANYONE in the NFL. He EARNED every sack he got and thus, still owns the record. That gap-toothed idiot got a freebie from Favre and that shouldn`t count. Strahan was liked by everyone in the league. I wonder just how many free sacks he actually got. Gastineau was hated by his own teammates. Hated by everyone and still managed to get sacks. He was a beast. He deserves better from Jets fans. His personal life is his and he make decisions on what he believes in. His GF Brigette Nielson(sp?)was diagnosed with some sort of ovarian cancer and he decided that was more important than playing football. It was the right decision. I believe he was also on mark to break his own sack record that season. I think he had 8 sacks after just 4 games played. I could be wrong but I think that was it. I don`t know about the juicing stuff. He was one of the most fit athletes in the league at that time. 4% body fat whatever that means.
    He had 7 sacks through first 5 games, but he was held sackless after Alex Gordon went out in games 6 and 7. He had 7 through 7 games before retiring in 88.

Marty Lions and Joe Klecko also crossed the picket line later in 87 BTW.