Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: GOP, Out of Touch As Usual

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    GOP, Out of Touch As Usual



    Just lol.

  2. #2
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uh wut

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Uh wut
    Political attack ad based on the (D) having played World of Warcraft.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a coincidence, I just recieved an interesting intergalactic tweet...apparently even the gaseous wraith-beings of the planet Klarkasimov a million light years away know Rmoney kicked B. Hussein's azz from here to infinity and beyond

    but vapid gasbag earthlings don't

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give the Pres a break he didn't have a teleprompter in front of him. It seems Romney is lying to Obama but only Obama has lied about just about everything for four years. Romney kicked his ass and stomped on him. No McCain this time around!

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    The mailer sent out:



    That is pretty funny stuff tbqh.

    Next an angry missive how Obama can't be President, he played "Angry Birds" on his Cellphone once.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope the Daily Show does a sefment on this, will be hysterical.

  8. #8
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Political attack ad based on the (D) having played World of Warcraft.
    Oh, I get it. That's silly. To me it almost looked like an ad in favor of the candidate because her quotes imply that she is proud of her online gaming. So if she's proud of it, why is that an effective tactic against her? She may be a loser gamer shut-in, but at least she accepts that.




  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    So if she's proud of it, why is that an effective tactic against her?
    Ignorant old voters who are totally out of touch, and cannot differentiate between an online hobby game, and the real world, in terms of behaviors? Remind you of anyone we know?

    This is the equivalent of an ad claiming that because Candidate X plays guitar, he must be a communist, pot-smoking, insurrectionist rebel out to corrupt our society with his evil rock and/or roll.

    It's probably of little value, other than to expose how laughably old the GOP skews in it's thinking.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Old voters know bull**** when they see and hear it. The young ones wouldn't know bull**** if they stepped in it!

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Ignorant old voters who are totally out of touch, and cannot differentiate between an online hobby game, and the real world, in terms of behaviors? Remind you of anyone we know?

    This is the equivalent of an ad claiming that because Candidate X plays guitar, he must be a communist, pot-smoking, insurrectionist rebel out to corrupt our society with his evil rock and/or roll.

    It's probably of little value, other than to expose how laughably old the GOP skews in it's thinking.
    I don't think it's just old Republicans, but old people in general who don't understand online gaming. A lame campaign flyer to be sure, though.

    That being said, online gaming isn't nearly as mainstream as playing the guitar. So that analogy doesn't work.

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I don't think it's just old Republicans, but old people in general who don't understand online gaming. A lame campaign flyer to be sure, though.

    That being said, online gaming isn't nearly as mainstream as playing the guitar. So that analogy doesn't work.
    More people play online games, by a very large margin, than play guitar. Or Fish. Or a collect coins. Or stamps. Or et, etc, etc.

    Thank you for the example of what I mean. Some still see it (even those who, for example, moderate an online forum and should probably know better) as some fringe kid-only thing.

    It's not.

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    More people play online games, by a very large margin, than play guitar. Or Fish. Or a collect coins. Or stamps. Or et, etc, etc.

    Thank you for the example of what I mean. Some still see it (even those who, for example, moderate an online forum and should probably know better) as some fringe kid-only thing.

    It's not.
    It depends on how you define online games. Are you talking about every single game that exists, from Angry Birds and Chess on your iPhone, to Farmville on Facebook, to MMO's like World of Warcraft? Then I would agree with you.

    But I doubt MMO's alone are as popular as you posit.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd guess that among people younger than 40 there are vastly more people who play or have played online multiplayer games than play the guitar.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    And if you want to include facebook games, consol games, etc. then there are astronomically more people who have.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,665
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    It depends on how you define online games. Are you talking about every single game that exists, from Angry Birds and Chess on your iPhone, to Farmville on Facebook, to MMO's like World of Warcraft? Then I would agree with you.

    But I doubt MMO's alone are as popular as you posit.
    Warcraft has 10 million subscribers at the moment.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,710
    Post Thanks / Like

  18. #18
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Warcraft has 10 million subscribers at the moment.
    That's all over the world, right?

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    That's all over the world, right?
    Actually 80% of those registered user names come from FF2's basement

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,665
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    That's all over the world, right?
    No idea, just did a quick google search.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us