Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rex Will Shock The World On Monday Night...

Rex Will Shock The World On Monday Night...

Book it! Rex gets the biggest win of the season on national TV...

He wiil have the Jets breathing fire against the Texans...

This will be the defining win of his coaching tenure, with all the experts picking against him...

He will quiet all the naysayers and reaffirm that he is in fact one of the top coaches in the NFL...

Rex relishes the "us against the world" angle and uses it to perfection on Monday night...

He will prove his genius very soon, and although the questions about Tanny and Sanchez may soon swirl again...

He will confirm that we indeed have our franchise HC...

Rex is king!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post

This will be the defining win of his coaching tenure, with all the experts picking against him...

He will quiet all the naysayers and reaffirm that he is in fact one of the top coaches in the NFL...

Rex relishes the "us against the world" angle and uses it to perfection on Monday night...

He will prove his genius very soon, and although the questions about Tanny and Sanchez may soon swirl again...

Rex is king!
    Lemme guess...you were reading the SCOTCH thread in the hamper and got carried away.

Veteran
    I really would love to believe you, but this is beyond what Rex can pull off.

The Jets are not a good football time right now, but if it happens I'll be looking in the sky.

But I'll bite..

The Texans beat the Dolphins, Jags, and Titans in blow outs. They beat the Broncos by 6. The combined records of the former three is 3-9 while the Broncos are 2-2.

The Jets are 2-2, and no I'm not comparing our 2-2 to the Broncos 2-2, but I really believe that due to all of the issues with our team we will be over looked quite a bit. Can't run, pass, or stop the run, why worry about the lowly Jets?

I don't think the Jets have an extremely talented roster by any means, but I do believe the current roster is vastly under rated. People around here talk as if we are the worst team in the league, with the worst possible roster, and blah blah blah.

Do I see a 10 win season? No, I don't, but I can definitely see this team winning 8 games. Everyone likes to shoo away the fact that Rex took OUR Jets to two AFCCGs. This is probably because we praised him way to much early and fed into his bravado, but come on guys would you rather have Herm or Mangini here?

Now Rex is being crucified by the same fans who not long ago praised him as a genius, similar to the way Mangenius became Mangina. The difference? Rex has taken us farther than we've been in years! I don't approve of alot of our offseason moves, depth choices (how Greene is still a starting NFL RB baffles me), etc. At the end of the day I believe in Rex Ryan, and for whatever reason I expect a win on Monday night. Or maybe I'm a delusional Jets fan who goes off on tangents. /rant over

Veteran

Rex is king!
    I like your thinking, albeit unrealistic

This is an absolutely unwinnable game, top to bottom. We are about as talented as a decent Div I, maybe even II college team right now.

Zero weapons, and about 40 guys who are chronically out-of-shape, too-weak or too-slow.

They simply didn't field an NFL team this year.

DC

All League
    The only way the Jets win this game is if the whole Texans team gets food poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    The only way the Jets win this game is if the whole Texans team gets food poisoning.
    Make it happen!

I said the same last week....we gonna shock the world...and we did, 34 times.

only way rex shocks the world is if he comes out of the tunnel naked.

Veteran
    Not buying this.

Rex is king!
    I hope you are right! I will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by dcronin View Post
    This is an absolutely unwinnable game, top to bottom. We are about as talented as a decent Div I, maybe even II college team right now.

Zero weapons, and about 40 guys who are chronically out-of-shape, too-weak or too-slow.

They simply didn't field an NFL team this year.

DC

Who here thinks we could beat Alabama ?

Rookie
    I hope so.

Jets Insider VIP
    The jets are going to have to score more then 25 points to win this game. So y dont u tell us how we are doing that.

Does greene have two 30 yards td runs? Does schilens go for 140 and a td?

Please enlighten us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Yuck.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    At least he can see his own pecker now...

Veteran
    Sure, why not. It could happen and I'm gonna watch and scream at the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Who here thinks we could beat Alabama ?
    Home or away?

Hall Of Fame
    Only way we win this game is if we:

Score a Def TD
    Score a ST TD
    +2 TO differential
    100+ yards rushing
    Offense does not give up a TD