Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64

Thread: The Secrets to Giants/Jets Stadium Changeover

  1. #21
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,357
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    For the money of 1 Metlife Stadium you could've built 3 Allianz Arenas (which is also shared by two teams). Just imagine the whole Arena colored in green and white...


    You mean like this?

    SAR I

  2. #22
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a former season ticket holder I have yet to attend a game at the new stadium. With the sham of PSLs, the illusion of woody backing the team, I mean desperate attempts to fill the seats with brining in Tebow and no legitimate offensive talent, I would rather sit on my couch and be able to change the channel when the crap hits the fan on Monday night. They have pushed the middle class right out of that place

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Thanks for posting. That was interesting. Now we know why such an ugly stadium cost $1.6 billion. What a clusterfu*k this whole arrangement is.
    +100

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    You mean like this?

    SAR I
    Sacred Ground..

  5. #25
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,357
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    As a former season ticket holder I have yet to attend a game at the new stadium. With the sham of PSLs, the illusion of woody backing the team, I mean desperate attempts to fill the seats with brining in Tebow and no legitimate offensive talent, I would rather sit on my couch and be able to change the channel when the crap hits the fan on Monday night. They have pushed the middle class right out of that place
    The Jets will sell you a seat in the upper deck for $50.

    StubHub will sell you fantastic seats for under $100.

    Both options cheaper than the cheapest seat in Giants Stadium since 2001.

    If your issue is the product on the field this season, I see your lack of enthusiasm. The prior two seasons, I just can't fathom what you wanted short of two AFCCG's.

    If your issue is economic, you have nothing to complain about. Especially for a fan without season tickets, you've got it made. There are more seats at low prices available far easier than ever before. Too many people whining about theories that are untrue.

    SAR I

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    SAR is 100% on target with this issue.

    Besides Woody tried to move the team to Manhattan but the crooked and inept politicians in New York prevented it.

    James Dolan had/has corrupt Sheldon Silver in his back pocket.

    To all the fools that felt the Jets were going to be given the Midtown rail yard property at below market value I ask, in the final analysis, how did it end up?

    That prime property is just sitting there!!
    We wanted Queens not Manhattan. They was giving Woody that land on a platter. Plus MLS wanted to field a team there if Woody built it. A transportation hub surrounding a sports infused area of queens with the huge I mean HUGE soccer fan base in Queens who would of supported that team it would of been a win win for Woody. Just mentioning bringing the Cosmos back had people drooling.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's a great stadium.

    Jets Insider is full of people who just don't get who the bad guys are. It's really funny in a sad, ironic way. We've got fans who think Rex Ryan is God. We've got fans who think Bart Scott is a warrior. It goes on and on.

    You blame the Jets and their owner for something that is not their fault. The City of New York did not want the Jets. Period. They threw us out. The Mets sh-t on us in Shea Stadium, making us play on dirt and not letting us have home games until Week 3 or 4 almost every season. When asked to correct things or he'd move the team, the Mets and the City said "f-ck you" to our owner. Decades later, the USOC decides that Manhattan should get a pity look as a potential Olympic games host post 9/11, of course that never happens, and the Jets attempt to go forward with the stadium are c-ck-blocked by the City. And somehow this makes Woody Johnson the bad guy, makes the Jets the bad guys.

    You blame the Jets for leaving New York in an effort to get them to go back there but you don't attend games anyway. What's the point of that? They've been in New Jersey longer than they ever were in New York. We're a hair away from 30 years. That's half your life. Don't waste another year hating the team and blaming the wrong people. If you truly wanted to be Mr. Righteous, you'd move out of New York since they're the ones who f-cked the Jets.

    SAR I
    This post is hysterical and true. Don't forget to add the Dolans to the list of people who screwed us over the Manhattan stadium. In the end, it all worked out. How can you have a stadium in Manhattan where you can't tailgate, you can't drive to it, we had to share it as a convention center, etc.? That would have been ridiculous. In the end, the stadium is irrelevant. The product on the field is the only thing that matters.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Why do we care what the stadium cost our owners?
    I couldn't agree you with you more. Funny thing is there used to be a guy with your very same screen name who had hundreds on posts on JI saying how we need this stadium for us to get to the Super Bowl. He specifically said how this stadium would allow us to have the best most expensive coaching staffs et al. How has that worked out for us? I'm so glad you don't let that guy post on your name any more.

    What, you think we'd be paying less if the stadium cost half as much to build? Like they'd pass that savings back to us instead of lining their pockets with the profits? And you're the big advocate of a solo Jets stadium in New York. You know how much we'd have been paying then?
    This is a truly amazing post. Saying the exact opposite from one sentence to the other. On the one hand if the stadium would have cost less the ticket prices wouldn't have been less because the team sets the prices at what the market will bear.

    In the very next sentence you say we would pay more money in a solo NY stadium because the team would have paid more for the stadium. How can you say 2 exactly opposite statements in 2 consecutive sentences? That's truly a talent SAR. You should have been a politician.

    Of course I will agree with you that prices would be higher in a solo NY stadium but not for the reason you state. Like we agree - prices are set by what the market would bear. Since we know that NJ fans are the greatest Jet fans and they wouldn't mind traveling to Queens at all and the NY/LI fans are all zip code fans who would be ecstatic for a Queens Stadium the demand for tickets would be much higher in the Queens stadium hence our owner would try to "line his pockets" as you suggest and the prices would be higher.


    One can argue that MetLife with its metal louvers more closely resembles the skyscrapers and architecture of the city it represents than any other stadium in the NFL.
    You mean air conditioning louvres are representative of East Rutherford or is it all of Bergen County? What a truly marvelous architectural feat. Jet and Giant fans should be so proud.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 10-07-2012 at 10:59 AM.

  9. #29
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,357
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    We wanted Queens not Manhattan. They was giving Woody that land on a platter. Plus MLS wanted to field a team there if Woody built it. A transportation hub surrounding a sports infused area of queens with the huge I mean HUGE soccer fan base in Queens who would of supported that team it would of been a win win for Woody. Just mentioning bringing the Cosmos back had people drooling.
    Nonsense. No one wants Queens anymore. There are more season ticket holders living West of Queens than East of it. We've been in New Jersey 28 years now. The Jets fanbase on Long Island, those 45 year olds in 1985, they're dead or retired now, fixed incomes don't help sell tickets.

    The Queens play for the Jets was a political move thrown together in 10 minutes and wasn't serious. And on the heels of The City of New York f-cking Woody Johnson after three years of trying and a half-assed attempt to shove us on Robert Moses' end of a runway in Flushing was insulting.

    SAR I

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Jets will sell you a seat in the upper deck for $50.

    StubHub will sell you fantastic seats for under $100.

    Both options cheaper than the cheapest seat in Giants Stadium since 2001.

    If your issue is the product on the field this season, I see your lack of enthusiasm. The prior two seasons, I just can't fathom what you wanted short of two AFCCG's.

    If your issue is economic, you have nothing to complain about. Especially for a fan without season tickets, you've got it made. There are more seats at low prices available far easier than ever before. Too many people whining about theories that are untrue.

    SAR I
    two afccgs both losses. why do people keep bringing that up? the afccg is not the ultimate accomplishment in the nfl. its all passification to those that allow to be. i want a super bowl victory in my lifetime not afccgs.

  11. #31
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,357
    Post Thanks / Like
    Queens Jet Fan. I couldn't agree you with you more. Funny thing is there used to be a guy with your very same screen name who had hundreds on posts on JI saying how we need this stadium for us to get to the Super Bowl. He specifically said how this stadium would allow us to have the best most expensive coaching staffs et al. How has that worked out for us? I'm so glad you don't let that guy post on your name any more.

    The Jets went from the 5th poorest to the 5th richest franchise in the NFL overnight in 2009. Not the stadium's fault that Mike Tannenbaum has lost his magic touch. The economics won't ever stand in the way of a title run. That's what's important as relates to the facility.

    This is a truly amazing post. Saying the exact opposite from one sentence to the other. On the one hand if the stadium would have cost less the ticket prices wouldn't have been less because the team sets the prices at what the market will bear.

    In the very next sentence you say we would pay more money in a solo NY stadium because the team would have paid more for the stadium. How can you say 2 exactly opposite statements in 2 consecutive sentences? That's truly a talent SAR. You should have been a politician.


    The market bears what the prices are at today: $50-$100 UD, $125 Mezz, $100-$200 LL. Doesn't matter where it's located, that's what season ticket holders are willing to spend.

    In a solo Manhattan stadium, either Woody raises his prices -or- the Jets are poorer which hurts performance. That was my point. You seem to want the Jets alone in a Queens stadium. Fewer fans would show up in that hole, it would cost the Jets more in a non-shared financial structure, and Clubs and Suites would be a disaster. Would be worse than Giants Stadium, Jets #32 in profitability.

    Of course I will agree with you that prices would be higher in a solo NY stadium but not for the reason you state. Like we agree - prices are set by what the market would bear. Since we know that NJ fans are the greatest Jet fans and they wouldn't mind traveling to Queens at all and the NY/LI fans are all zip code fans who would be ecstatic for a Queens Stadium the demand for tickets would be much higher in the Queens stadium hence our owner would try to "line his pockets" as you suggest and the prices would be higher.

    There's no nice way to say this, so forgive me, but the Long Island fanbase is dead. Literally. Anyone 45-55 in 1985 is now 72-82 years old. Those that came with us to NJ are still here. Those that didn't certainly wouldn't fork over $7,000 for a 30 year PSL when they only have 10 years left to live.

    You mean air conditioning louvres are representative of East Rutherford or is it all of Bergen County? What a truly marvelous architectural feat. Jet and Giant fans should be so proud.

    Show me a single NFL stadium whose exterior architecture makes a shi-s worth of difference to its fans. Show me a single NFL fan who dropped his season tickets solely because of their stadium's exterior architecture.

    You pick the strangest things to whine about.

    SAR I

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That's cheap.

    My house in New Jersey cost 5x as much as the same thing in New England. And have you been to Gillette? It's nowhere near as nice as MetLife. It's in a terribly inconvenient location near no highways, a crappy 2-lane road leading there for 5 miles each way, people park in car dealerships and walk an hour just to get in. Only 1 of the 4 sides allows you to exit as its built into a hill, takes forever to get to the parking lots or its limited train service. No escalators, takes 30 minutes to climb to the upper deck.

    Do me a favor, describe what you think we "deserved". Draw a picture, post it up. Explain to me how these four areas could be any more Jets-like than they are now:

    Outer perimeter.
    Stadium skin.
    Interior concourses.
    Seating bowl.

    If you've ever been to other NFL stadiums you'd know that we're on par with the newer stadiums, superior to at least half the league.

    SAR I
    I am not an architect or an artist so I will not be drawing anything.

    I wasn't suggesting Gilette had better amenities or conveniences. I was just trying to show some scale as to the costs. And it is actually closer to 5x the price.

    Bottom line for 1.6B that was shared and that fans such as myself helped finance, the stadium should be a lot better. A roof would have been an absolute minimum requirement for that $$$$. The stadium is ugly, everything is plain. It is a concrete canyon that has no character or identity, much like the team. So in that regard, you are correct, the stadium is "Jet-like".

    Yes, my seats are comfortable. Which is a good thing b.c the team does thee best to keep me seated.

    My parking is good too. But we play a premium for that.

  13. #33
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,357
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    two afccgs both losses. why do people keep bringing that up? the afccg is not the ultimate accomplishment in the nfl. its all passification to those that allow to be. i want a super bowl victory in my lifetime not afccgs.
    That's not the point.

    The point is that the Jets were amongst the Top 5 teams in the NFL during the last year in Giants Stadium and the first two years in MetLife Stadium, so anyone using on-field performance as an excuse for dropping their season tickets and not staying with us into the new Stadium is full of crap.

    SAR I

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am not an architect or an artist so I will not be drawing anything.

    I wasn't suggesting Gilette had better amenities or conveniences. I was just trying to show some scale as to the costs. And it is actually closer to 5x the price.

    Bottom line for 1.6B that was shared and that fans such as myself helped finance, the stadium should be a lot better. A roof would have been an absolute minimum requirement for that $$$$. The stadium is ugly, everything is plain. It is a concrete canyon that has no character or identity, much like the team. So in that regard, you are correct, the stadium is "Jet-like".

    Yes, my seats are comfortable. Which is a good thing b.c the team does thee best to keep me seated.

    My parking is good too. But we play a premium for that.
    Domes shouldn't be allowed for football.

  15. #35
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,357
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am not an architect or an artist so I will not be drawing anything.

    I wasn't suggesting Gilette had better amenities or conveniences. I was just trying to show some scale as to the costs. And it is actually closer to 5x the price.

    Bottom line for 1.6B that was shared and that fans such as myself helped finance, the stadium should be a lot better. A roof would have been an absolute minimum requirement for that $$$$. The stadium is ugly, everything is plain. It is a concrete canyon that has no character or identity, much like the team. So in that regard, you are correct, the stadium is "Jet-like".

    Yes, my seats are comfortable. Which is a good thing b.c the team does thee best to keep me seated.

    My parking is good too. But we play a premium for that.
    Any building constructed in the New York City area costs more than any other stadium anywhere else in the United States including New England. The Jets and Giants aren't bad negotiators and the project was bid out to several different firms.

    The lack of a roof was more about having a competitive home-field advantage than it was about money. Personally, I don't want a roof and a comfy 70 temperature in January when we're facing the Chargers.

    MetLife stadium is no better or worse than any other stadium in the NFL when it comes to its colors, branding, and team focus. The Jets and Giants both paid a lot of attention to the lighting, bannering, and branding of MetLife stadium.

    You are whining for nothing. Go visit Gillette Stadium or Arrowhead or even Lambeau. It's all the same. And when it comes to the most important thing, accessibility, MetLife crushes those other places.

    SAR I

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Any building constructed in the New York City area costs more than any other stadium anywhere else in the United States including New England. The Jets and Giants aren't bad negotiators and the project was bid out to several different firms.

    The lack of a roof was more about having a competitive home-field advantage than it was about money. Personally, I don't want a roof and a comfy 70 temperature in January when we're facing the Chargers.

    MetLife stadium is no better or worse than any other stadium in the NFL when it comes to its colors, branding, and team focus. The Jets and Giants both paid a lot of attention to the lighting, bannering, and branding of MetLife stadium.

    You are whining for nothing. Go visit Gillette Stadium or Arrowhead or even Lambeau. It's all the same. And when it comes to the most important thing, accessibility, MetLife crushes those other places.

    SAR I
    Thanks for the real estate lesson.

    How often do we play the Chargers in January? Playoffs? @ HOME? Domes offer a significant home field advantage and defenses are supposed to be able to travel. Would have been perfect situation for this team.

    I have been to Gilette. Again, I am not saying Gilette is better. And Lambeau is a land mark. MetLife will be a parking lot in 30 years.

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Queens Jet Fan. I couldn't agree you with you more. Funny thing is there used to be a guy with your very same screen name who had hundreds on posts on JI saying how we need this stadium for us to get to the Super Bowl. He specifically said how this stadium would allow us to have the best most expensive coaching staffs et al. How has that worked out for us? I'm so glad you don't let that guy post on your name any more.

    The Jets went from the 5th poorest to the 5th richest franchise in the NFL overnight in 2009. Not the stadium's fault that Mike Tannenbaum has lost his magic touch. The economics won't ever stand in the way of a title run. That's what's important as relates to the facility.
    Maybe in terms of hypothetical resale value of the franchise but not in terms of the bottom line. From the very same Forbes article you site to talk of franchise value it shows that with the stadium debt the Jets are operating in the red. Actually their bottom line was in better shape in GS without the stadium debt then it is now. You think this fact doesn't affect the team? Why do you think Woody needs to make the Tebow and Favre splashes on the back pages. Let's face it - the very opposite of what you predicted would happen has. Ok Woody can sell the team for more money supposedly. Please Woody. Take your money and run.

    The market bears what the prices are at today: $50-$100 UD, $125 Mezz, $100-$200 LL. Doesn't matter where it's located,
    And location has nothing to do with demand which has nothing to do with market?

    Do you call yourself a businessman? Geez.

    There's no nice way to say this, so forgive me, but the Long Island fanbase is dead. Literally. Anyone 45-55 in 1985 is now 72-82 years old. Those that came with us to NJ are still here. Those that didn't certainly wouldn't fork over $7,000 for a 30 year PSL when they only have 10 years left to live.
    Blah Blah Blah. You're like an old broken record. I know that even you don't believe this crap. You're just flaming.

    You mean air conditioning louvres are representative of East Rutherford or is it all of Bergen County? What a truly marvelous architectural feat. Jet and Giant fans should be so proud.

    Show me a single NFL stadium whose exterior architecture makes a shi-s worth of difference to its fans. Show me a single NFL fan who dropped his season tickets solely because of their stadium's exterior architecture.

    You pick the strangest things to whine about.
    Hey you the were the one who brought this up. I just thought it funny that one of the ugliest aspects of the stadium was something you were bragging about.

    Sar I hope you are feeling better after your operation. It sure seems though that the narcotics are dulling your writing. I'll give you a pass on these lame posts but I expect to see some improvements.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 10-07-2012 at 12:20 PM.

  18. #38
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,357
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Thanks for the real estate lesson.

    How often do we play the Chargers in January? @ HOME? Domes offer a significant home field advantage and defenses are supposed to be able to travel. Would have been perfect situation for this team.

    I have been to Gilette. Again, I am not saying Gilette is better. And Lambeau is a land mark. MetLife will be a parking lot in 30 years.
    Again, you're whining for the sale of whining. There is nothing significantly bad about MetLife stadium. And compared to Giants Stadium, the place is a palace.

    SAR I

  19. #39
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, did see something when they were replacing the circle of Honor, The Giants players were permanent and the Jets players were slid over it. Still not 50/50. LOL

    The Jets should have came back to NY, would have made a statement, no second class citizens, they took the cheap route, after the west side was destroyed by Sheldon Silver. I hate politicians.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Again, you're whining for the sale of whining. There is nothing significantly bad about MetLife stadium. And compared to Giants Stadium, the place is a palace.

    SAR I
    Are sight lines and the system for getting in and out of the stadium significant? I these aren't then what is? Video screens?

    I ask for very little in a stadium. The most important things are being able to see the game well and being able to easily get in and out of it.

    GS - far superior to MetLife

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us