The Secrets to Giants/Jets Stadium Changeover

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That was pretty cool, thanks for posting it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most important secret: fabric softener. I would have never guessed it, but it makes total sense, especially when the players are wearing polyester Dri-Fit material.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loved seeing it. Thank you!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting. That was interesting. Now we know why such an ugly stadium cost $1.6 billion. What a clusterfu*k this whole arrangement is.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Thanks for posting. That was interesting. Now we know why such an ugly stadium cost $1.6 billion. What a clusterfu*k this whole arrangement is.
    Thanks sunshine.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a great stadium.

Jets Insider is full of people who just don't get who the bad guys are. It's really funny in a sad, ironic way. We've got fans who think Rex Ryan is God. We've got fans who think Bart Scott is a warrior. It goes on and on.

You blame the Jets and their owner for something that is not their fault. The City of New York did not want the Jets. Period. They threw us out. The Mets sh-t on us in Shea Stadium, making us play on dirt and not letting us have home games until Week 3 or 4 almost every season. When asked to correct things or he'd move the team, the Mets and the City said "f-ck you" to our owner. Decades later, the USOC decides that Manhattan should get a pity look as a potential Olympic games host post 9/11, of course that never happens, and the Jets attempt to go forward with the stadium are c-ck-blocked by the City. And somehow this makes Woody Johnson the bad guy, makes the Jets the bad guys.

You blame the Jets for leaving New York in an effort to get them to go back there but you don't attend games anyway. What's the point of that? They've been in New Jersey longer than they ever were in New York. We're a hair away from 30 years. That's half your life. Don't waste another year hating the team and blaming the wrong people. If you truly wanted to be Mr. Righteous, you'd move out of New York since they're the ones who f-cked the Jets.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We took a tour of the stadium a few years back. Every picture of a Jet in the Stadium has a giant on the other side and are just flipped when the other team is playing home. We were told that they could have done it all electronically but as part of a deal to create jobs, they made a lot of the work manual.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    OK...someone was gonna say it.

I'd hit it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    We took a tour of the stadium a few years back. Every picture of a Jet in the Stadium has a giant on the other side and are just flipped when the other team is playing home. We were told that they could have done it all electronically but as part of a deal to create jobs, they made a lot of the work manual.
    Not a single Giants fan cares that they share the stadium with the Jets.

What the world's largest concrete chip 'n dip does on the 355 days a year that we aren't using it is of no consequence.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Not a single Giants fan cares that they share the stadium with the Jets.

What the world's largest concrete chip 'n dip does on the 355 days a year that we aren't using it is of no consequence.

SAR I
    Not a single Jet or Giant fan cares that their teams built the most expensive stadium around that is also the ugliest, and has far inferior sight lines to their previous stadium.

Nope, you just have two fan bases totally giddy in love with their stadium and in love with the fact that because the teams are sharing the stadium the fans are saving so much money because the teams kept ticket prices so low.

SAR you are right. You can't find even one fan of either team who would think anything negative at all about glorious Met Life Stadium.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 10-07-2012 at 02:41 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice video, Too bad Rutgers could not utilize the stadium another 6 times a year
    to help the taxpayers out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a waste. This stadium cost 4x the amount of Gilette.

Maybe in 28 yrs we will get what we deserve.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I was thinking to myself when I watched them change the gels on the lights, "Gee, if they just doubled the number of lights, each with their own colors, they could avoid the labor costs of cahnging them each week."

Now I understand why they do that.....let me guess, it is a union job too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the money of 1 Metlife Stadium you could've built 3 Allianz Arenas (which is also shared by two teams). Just imagine the whole Arena colored in green and white...
    Last edited by Green + White; 10-07-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's a great stadium.

Jets Insider is full of people who just don't get who the bad guys are. It's really funny in a sad, ironic way. We've got fans who think Rex Ryan is God. We've got fans who think Bart Scott is a warrior. It goes on and on.

You blame the Jets and their owner for something that is not their fault. The City of New York did not want the Jets. Period. They threw us out. The Mets sh-t on us in Shea Stadium, making us play on dirt and not letting us have home games until Week 3 or 4 almost every season. When asked to correct things or he'd move the team, the Mets and the City said "f-ck you" to our owner. Decades later, the USOC decides that Manhattan should get a pity look as a potential Olympic games host post 9/11, of course that never happens, and the Jets attempt to go forward with the stadium are c-ck-blocked by the City. And somehow this makes Woody Johnson the bad guy, makes the Jets the bad guys.

You blame the Jets for leaving New York in an effort to get them to go back there but you don't attend games anyway. What's the point of that? They've been in New Jersey longer than they ever were in New York. We're a hair away from 30 years. That's half your life. Don't waste another year hating the team and blaming the wrong people. If you truly wanted to be Mr. Righteous, you'd move out of New York since they're the ones who f-cked the Jets.

SAR I
    Its ridiculous to label an entire city as not wanting the Jets! Being honest SAR, only SHELDON SILVER was the blocking force behind the WESTSIDE STADIUM. He was worried that "construction dollars" would be diverted from the WTC area to the WSS and his buddy at cablevision did not want the WSS. Prior to that the WSS project was upheld by all levels of state and city government and the courts until one out of three advisors( S **thead Silver) on the final Govt panel blocked the construction of the WSS.

Then the idea of a stadium in Queens came up and Woody said he was not interested. I can understand all sides but SAR please use some truth when trying to spin this to your way of thinking! Just sayin'.......

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a single Jet or Giant fan cares that their teams built the most expensive stadium around that is also the ugliest, and has far inferior sight lines to their previous stadium.

Nope, you just have two fan bases totally giddy in love with their stadium and in love with the fact that because the teams are sharing the stadium the fans are saving so much money because the teams kept ticket prices so low.

SAR you are right. You can't find even one fan of either team who would think anything negative at all about glorious Met Life Stadium.
    Why do we care what the stadium cost our owners?

What, you think we'd be paying less if the stadium cost half as much to build? Like they'd pass that savings back to us instead of lining their pockets with the profits? And you're the big advocate of a solo Jets stadium in New York. You know how much we'd have been paying then?

Club seats were inevitable. PSL's were inevitable. A shared stadium kept 43,000 PSL seats affordable, allowed 27,000 upper deck seats to have no PSL at all. That's 70,000 seats that are quite affordable, the vast majority averaging the same $125 we'd been paying in the old place, upper deck seats now as low as $50. A dozen different pricing zones allowing anyone to afford something, opening the door to new fans who used to have to pay scalpers a lot more just to get in the door.

I've been to Gillette Stadium, Arrowhead Stadium, Qualcomm Stadium, Dolphins Stadium, Jaguars Stadium, Lucas Oil Stadium, and even Lambeau Field and they're all the same. A concrete bowl with drab grey interiors. The outside of these things, just non-descript concrete slabs or some fake roman columns. On gamedays, the seating areas all have color-coded stadium walls, Rings Of Honor, endzone art, LED screens, ribbon boards. In other words, the same stuff we have now.

One can argue that MetLife with its metal louvers more closely resembles the skyscrapers and architecture of the city it represents than any other stadium in the NFL. I don't recall the Romans storming the cities of Chicago and Indianapolis or the Space Aliens invading Arizona, Dallas, or New Orleans. I can see those fans having something legitimate to complain about.

None of your arguments work. Stop arguing.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What a waste. This stadium cost 4x the amount of Gilette.

Maybe in 28 yrs we will get what we deserve.
    That's cheap.

My house in New Jersey cost 5x as much as the same thing in New England. And have you been to Gillette? It's nowhere near as nice as MetLife. It's in a terribly inconvenient location near no highways, a crappy 2-lane road leading there for 5 miles each way, people park in car dealerships and walk an hour just to get in. Only 1 of the 4 sides allows you to exit as its built into a hill, takes forever to get to the parking lots or its limited train service. No escalators, takes 30 minutes to climb to the upper deck.

Do me a favor, describe what you think we "deserved". Draw a picture, post it up. Explain to me how these four areas could be any more Jets-like than they are now:

Outer perimeter.
    Stadium skin.
    Interior concourses.
    Seating bowl.

If you've ever been to other NFL stadiums you'd know that we're on par with the newer stadiums, superior to at least half the league.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 10-07-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR is 100% on target with this issue.

Besides Woody tried to move the team to Manhattan but the crooked and inept politicians in New York prevented it.

James Dolan had/has corrupt Sheldon Silver in his back pocket.

To all the fools that felt the Jets were going to be given the Midtown rail yard property at below market value I ask, in the final analysis, how did it end up?

That prime property is just sitting there!!