Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Glimmer of Hope? Maybe

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Tinstar

Funny the Pats picked after us, have lost player after player due to retirement or release and have still managed to win the division yr after year. It's not where u draft as much as who u draft that determines how you perform weekly.

Originally Posted by southparkcpa

THIS. ....

... hate to say it bro ... don't be agreeing with the guy above you who is talking ONLY about the pats ... and then take umbrage with someone calling you both out on that ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... hate to say it bro ... don't be agreeing with the guy above you who is talking ONLY about the pats ... and then take umbrage with someone calling you both out on that ...

l_j_r
    Huh? You are happy with our non performing draft picks? Terrific.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Huh? You are happy with our non performing draft picks? Terrific.

... your problem was the first word of your post, i'll try to take the high road and leave it at that ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

l_j_r
    So let me get this straight. You are saying that because of 1 guy, a 6th round draft pick that came up great, the Pats are a dynasty.

1 guy

and that 1 guy makes everything around him smell better

1 guy makes a bunch of drafted garbage smell better.

Just so i can be clear, what Position does that 1 guy play again ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... your problem was the first word of your post, i'll try to take the high road and leave it at that ...

l_j_r
    You lost me......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You lost me......
    I believe he meant the word "THIS".

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ...sorry tin star if you were replying to any of my posts I'll need someone else to quote them in order for me to see them ...

... Carry on ...

Ljr

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Thru the 4 games we have played so far 2 of them (our losses) have been against the 3rd and 5th ranked defenses in the NFL to this point. Our next game is against the 1st ranked defense. But the glimmer of hope is that 8 out of the next 11 remaining games after the Texans are against teams ranked 15th or lower in defense and 5 of those teams have either a rookie or second year QB. Of the remaining games we play teams ranked inside of the top 15 only 1 is in the top 10.

I agree the offense, outside of 1 game, has been abysmal. But with an easier schedule the last 11 games I'm not ready to write off this team. Let's hope we somehow beat the Texans b/c that confidence can carry over to the easier part of our schedule. We'll see.
    Sanchez will get to play the tough defenses (and they will probably hurt him), Tebow will get to play the easier defenses and everyone will say 'see how much better he is, he's our savior'.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    marquis Colston and Amand Bradshaw say hello. Do does Victor Cruz and Arian Foster. Not to mention the OLINE men too numerous to mention.

There are probably 150 players in the league drafted after round 5 in the league that are SOLID stud playmakers. The jets do NOT have their share of them.

Brady is a unique situation.
    Ghost set us back twice as much as anything else, if we "reached" for someone else we'd have a great young piece, I also don't think Ducasse is that far away from a normal progression curve. If we have a bad season, getting something out of our draft pick is imperative - that's why I absolutely don't support going QB, a three-headed circus monster of Tebow, Sanchez and a first rounder (with a pretty awful supporting cast) isn't good for any of them or for the team.

Matt Slauson was a good return on a sixth, I also don't think that's too far off the league average, it's such a crapshoot in those rounds, and probably more dependent on coaching and situations than anything else.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    yep, we'll probably squeak out just enough wins to cost us a great player in next years draft.
    Coaches always want to squeak out a few wins from their crappy team in a terrible season but in truth the only advantage of winning between two and eight games in a single season is to help the coaching staff hold onto their jobs and sell some seats. The reality is that all that does is dilute your chances of drafting quality players.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Ghost set us back twice as much as anything else, if we "reached" for someone else we'd have a great young piece, I also don't think Ducasse is that far away from a normal progression curve. If we have a bad season, getting something out of our draft pick is imperative - that's why I absolutely don't support going QB, a three-headed circus monster of Tebow, Sanchez and a first rounder (with a pretty awful supporting cast) isn't good for any of them or for the team.

Matt Slauson was a good return on a sixth, I also don't think that's too far off the league average, it's such a crapshoot in those rounds, and probably more dependent on coaching and situations than anything else.
    Just look at our roster.... it defy's most of what you say. Average? OK. So lets say we are average. We should be 8-8 then.

We may be but is that what a GREAT HC should be?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure I see it. Does anyone even think we're solid favorites over the Colts? Would be a killer for Sanchez if Luck outplays him next week. And if we drop that game (after presumably losing tonight too), the season is all but over with the trip to NE upcoming.

Schedule is a bit harder than we initially thought because none of the NFC West games are gimmies and right now hard to see us beating any of those teams with our O matched up against their Ds.