Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Glimmer of Hope? Maybe

Banned

A Glimmer of Hope? Maybe

Thru the 4 games we have played so far 2 of them (our losses) have been against the 3rd and 5th ranked defenses in the NFL to this point. Our next game is against the 1st ranked defense. But the glimmer of hope is that 8 out of the next 11 remaining games after the Texans are against teams ranked 15th or lower in defense and 5 of those teams have either a rookie or second year QB. Of the remaining games we play teams ranked inside of the top 15 only 1 is in the top 10.

I agree the offense, outside of 1 game, has been abysmal. But with an easier schedule the last 11 games I'm not ready to write off this team. Let's hope we somehow beat the Texans b/c that confidence can carry over to the easier part of our schedule. We'll see.

yep, we'll probably squeak out just enough wins to cost us a great player in next years draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    56 PA..... Miami, Jax, Denver, Tenn.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    yep, we'll probably squeak out just enough wins to cost us a great player in next years draft.
    We haven't had a good number one in years.....

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    We haven't had a good number one in years.....
    I'll never forget how costly our win vs. the Chiefs was back in week 17 of 2007 season. We were 3-12 at the time, and after the OT win I immediately said to myself "that win is going to cost us". Turns out, it was the difference between drafting 2nd overall and having to pick between Chris Long, Matt Ryan or Darren McFadden, and dropping down to 6th... we all know how that turned out for us.

One of the worst Jets victories in team history was beating the cheifs in OT in week 17 of the 2007 season. It was devastating to the franchise.
    Last edited by Gastineau99; 10-07-2012 at 12:48 AM.

If you look at the Houston Texans of last year they even won a playoff game with their third string QB. They had major injuries last year losing Mario Williams, their top two QBs (Schaub and Leinart), Andre Johnson missed a few games, etc.

I do not think the Jets can overcome it because 1. I think the attitude of this team sucks and 2. our GM never drafted well so we lack depth.

If you look at the Houston Texans of last year they even won a playoff game with their third string QB. They had major injuries last year losing Mario Williams, their top two QBs (Schaub and Leinart), Andre Johnson missed a few games, etc.

I do not think the Jets can overcome it because 1. I think the attitude of this team sucks and 2. our GM never drafted well so we lack depth.

I'll never forget how costly our win vs. the Chiefs was back in week 17 of 2007 season. We were 3-12 at the time, and after the OT win I immediately said to myself "that win is going to cost us". Turns out, it was the difference between drafting 2nd overall and having to pick between Chris Long, Matt Ryan or Darren McFadden, and dropping down to 6th... we all know how that turned out for us.

One of the worst Jets victories in team history was beating the cheifs in OT in week 17 of the 2007 season. It was devastating to the franchise.
    Unfortunately that game did have a huge effect on the draft but its alot easier to look back and find mistakes in the draft then to look into the future and know what players will turn out to be good. If anyone including yourself thinks a first place team should start losing in week 5 to get a better draft pick then they should give up watching the team. If they continue to play bad and lose 6 more straight then we can be negative otherwise we don't need the pessimism.

A little to early to think draft position, at least wait till the bye. Rex is not going to play out this season and finish poorly, your talking him trying to keep his job.

All Pro
    Given our easy (or at least easier) stretch of the schedule coming up ... it'd be just our luck if they start Tebow, and get a run of wins going, just enough to give the (false) impression that he is "the answer" heading into next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Given our easy (or at least easier) stretch of the schedule coming up ... it'd be just our luck if they start Tebow, and get a run of wins going, just enough to give the (false) impression that he is "the answer" heading into next year.
    I'd rather we play Sanchez. If he totally fails during the "easy" part of our schedule, maybe then the Sanchez fanatics will see the light and demand that we draft a QB next year and start to support the team rather then one player!

But truthfully, I hate losing and any win is nice. I understand draft position etc but a win is a win! I never bet against the Jets.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Thru the 4 games we have played so far 2 of them (our losses) have been against the 3rd and 5th ranked defenses in the NFL to this point. Our next game is against the 1st ranked defense. But the glimmer of hope is that 8 out of the next 11 remaining games after the Texans are against teams ranked 15th or lower in defense and 5 of those teams have either a rookie or second year QB. Of the remaining games we play teams ranked inside of the top 15 only 1 is in the top 10.

I agree the offense, outside of 1 game, has been abysmal. But with an easier schedule the last 11 games I'm not ready to write off this team. Let's hope we somehow beat the Texans b/c that confidence can carry over to the easier part of our schedule. We'll see.
    Ooh, this is good to know, now all we need to do is find a way to get rid of the top teams in the league and maybe we can will a superbowl.

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds, I live each year to beat the lower ranked teams in the league.

Jets fans want Tebow as their starter. Or at least the so called ones on this site do. Unfortunately if and when Sanchez fails, this team will not make the playoffs without redrafting a quarterback. Problem is that, no one in this paranoid fan base will actually allow a qb to develop, so we will bring in a retread qb, and scuffle around 500 for a few years and b right back in this predicament

The Jets will have some good stretches and probably a few upsets...hell, the Browns beat the Pats last year. It's a coaching challenge but Rex thinks he's the best, here's his chance to prove it. He's not the first coach to lose impact players.

Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    Unfortunately that game did have a huge effect on the draft but its alot easier to look back and find mistakes in the draft then to look into the future and know what players will turn out to be good. If anyone including yourself thinks a first place team should start losing in week 5 to get a better draft pick then they should give up watching the team. If they continue to play bad and lose 6 more straight then we can be negative otherwise we don't need the pessimism.
    Agreed. That type of pessimistic thinking is toxic and gets us nowhere

All Pro

Funny the Pats picked after us, have lost player after player due to retirement or release and have still managed to win the division yr after year. It's not where u draft as much as who u draft that determines how you perform weekly.

Done!!! Embrace it and look forward to the offseason dreams and bullsh!t. That's what Jets fans have to look forward to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Funny the Pats picked after us, have lost player after player due to retirement or release and have still managed to win the division yr after year. It's not where u draft as much as who u draft that determines how you perform weekly.
    THIS. making late picks count is also key.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally Posted by Tinstar

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    THIS. making late picks count is also key.

.... certainly!!! ... picking that franchise qb at 199 showed how smart those brainiacs are!!! ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    .... certainly!!! ... picking that franchise qb at 199 showed how smart those brainiacs are!!! ...

l_j_r
    marquis Colston and Amand Bradshaw say hello. Do does Victor Cruz and Arian Foster. Not to mention the OLINE men too numerous to mention.

There are probably 150 players in the league drafted after round 5 in the league that are SOLID stud playmakers. The jets do NOT have their share of them.

Brady is a unique situation.