View Poll Results: Do you still believe Rex Ryan is the right coach for the Jets?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he'll get the team through these difficult times

82 45.30%
  • No, he's lost the team and isn't the right coach anymore

99 54.70%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you still believe in Rex as the right coach for the Jets?

Jets Insider VIP

Do you still believe in Rex as the right coach for the Jets?

Poll

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Where is the Poll ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Where is the Poll?
    Dude, it takes about 12 seconds to create it after you start a thread. Give me a sec.

I was done with his schtick last year. Right now, under his insipid "leadership", the team has become a cluster f**k. Truly, I can't wait for the day he is fired, along with the rest of the morons who comprise our coaching and managment staffs.

I've gone from a strong "yes", to undecided.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Sorry to say, but no. It's become increasingly obvious that he's not suited to be a head coach.

I really feel Tanny is way more to blame for this current mess. Rex is the reason we a laughing stock though. As I said yesterday bring me a proven winner and Ill take him. It it comes down to Rex or a retread Ill stick with Rex.

All Pro
    The Poll would imply that i wanted Ryan as the HC. I never did, and he has done nothing since being hired to warrant me changing my mind. The guy is a good DC, and now his defense is falling apart.

Veteran
    Agree with some of the comments above - I don't think the players hate Rex. I think the players are losing faith in the Jets organization - mainly because there doesn't seem to be a cogent plan in place nor any real command/accountability.

No one feels good working in those situations. So, for me Rex needs to be one of the casualties - because while he isn't the greatest source of problems, he's also shown no ability or awareness to address them effectively either.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Yes, my concern is with the GM. By the same token you don't just walk out onto the field and play well, some guys and positions can take 2,3, 4 years. Don't know why the OL was neglected, you must protect the king #1.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 10-03-2012 at 11:25 AM.

I've always supported Rex....but the fact that he doesn't understand this is a passing league now, and continues to support a heavy run offense.....leads me to believe he doesn't have what it takes.

The man is a genius when it comes to defensive schemes, which basically proves he's fallen into the "more suited as a coordinator than a HC" group of coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    I've always supported Rex....but the fact that he doesn't understand this is a passing league now, and continues to support a heavy run offense.....leads me to believe he doesn't have what it takes.

The man is a genius when it comes to defensive schemes, which basically proves he's fallen into the "more suited as a coordinator than a HC" group of coaches.
    See, to me the concern is he hasn't really stuck with his run-first philosophy. That's what he believes and he should live or die by it. Instead it seems as though he's trying to transform himself into the typical image of an NFL coach, and the more changes he makes, the worse things get.

2009 was our best year under rex. We should've continued to run the ball and acquired a quarterback capable of running that style of offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    See, to me the concern is he hasn't really stuck with his run-first philosophy. That's what he believes and he should live or die by it. Instead it seems as though he's trying to transform himself into the typical image of an NFL coach, and the more changes he makes, the worse things get.

2009 was our best year under rex. We should've continued to run the ball and acquired a quarterback capable of running that style of offense.
    Shonn Greene is a turd. We don't have the personnel to run a ground n' pound system.

Rex's stubbornness and lack of Offensive knowledge, is going to end up costing him his job.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Shonn Greene is a turd. We don't have the personnel to run a ground n' pound system.

Rex's stubbornness and lack of Offensive knowledge, is going to end up costing him his job.
    I agree on Greene, i don't know if it's injury related or what (he looked decent in '09, but he needs to go), that said i wish we would've been committed to the concept, if not the players.

All League
    Maybe it would be more appropriate to start this poll if after the Jets are eliminated from the playoffs.

The owner is the problem. It makes it worse. He has no clue. lost the stadium, Parcells, and Bellicheck. Wants Tebow and forced the trade for Favre........

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Maybe it would be more appropriate to start this poll if after the Jets are eliminated from the playoffs.
    Okay, I put a reminder in my calendar for mid-November.

Rex press conference after the next 6 consecutive losses with opposing teams averaging 175 yards on the ground vs Jets defence.

"Um, we just gotta get some things straighted out here, like, like, um, it's a technique issue, guys are not bending their waists, BET AGAINST US! COME ON! I DARE YOU! Sure will lost 6 straight, but we'll play all 6 of those teams in the parking lot at Florham Park! I WOULD'NT BET AGAINST US!

WE ARE CLOWNS! OH MY GOD!
    The clown car is coming true & the entire country is laughing their collective azzes off at the Jets & us Jet fans.
    You can't tell me that Belichick isn't snickering like that dog in those old cartoons.
    44 years of Jet pain & at this point ya really can only laugh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Sorry to say, but no. It's become increasingly obvious that he's not suited to be a head coach.
    Couldn't have said it better than that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Rex press conference after the next 6 consecutive losses with opposing teams averaging 175 yards on the ground vs Jets defence.

"Um, we just gotta get some things straighted out here, like, like, um, it's a technique issue, guys are not bending their waists, BET AGAINST US! COME ON! I DARE YOU! Sure will lost 6 straight, but we'll play all 6 of those teams in the parking lot at Florham Park! I WOULD'NT BET AGAINST US!

WE ARE CLOWNS! OH MY GOD!
    The clown car is coming true & the entire country is laughing their collective azzes off at the Jets & us Jet fans.
    You can't tell me that Belichick isn't snickering like that dog in those old cartoons.
    44 years of Jet pain & at this point ya really can only laugh.
    At this point, I think its the fans who need some time off to do some soul searching.