Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Coaches Film from 49'ers game for those interested.

  1. #1

    Coaches Film from 49'ers game for those interested.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QXmrohj5yQ

    (Mod's, apologies if this shouldn't be posted. BTW, I wasn't the uploader, just stumbled across it on Youtube.)


    From what I gather, "Coaches film shows each play twice, one from high on sideline (All 22 ?), the other from the endzone. Also, is without audio.

  2. #2
    Thx man cud u post one for each week wud love to see if sanchez is playing this bad or the recievers

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,819
    Maybe it's not fair to say this after a game against the 49ers (obviously one of the best, if not THE best defense in the league) but after watching 5 minutes of that I have a little more sympathy for Greene, Powell, Tebow, etc. There are NO holes whatsoever. Matt Slauson is always blocking nobody three yards down the field while our guy is getting stuffed for a 2 gain.

    I don't know if Mangold and particularly Moore are coasting on reputation but they are getting zero push either, and are having difficulty holding blocks.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Maybe it's not fair to say this after a game against the 49ers (obviously one of the best, if not THE best defense in the league) but after watching 5 minutes of that I have a little more sympathy for Greene, Powell, Tebow, etc. There are NO holes whatsoever. Matt Slauson is always blocking nobody three yards down the field while our guy is getting stuffed for a 2 gain.

    I don't know if Mangold and particularly Moore are coasting on reputation but they are getting zero push either, and are having difficulty holding blocks.
    I feel bad for Sanchez too. Generally, there was nobody open the entire game because the 49ers defense was only rushing 4 guys and playing everybody back. Every team will probably play us the same way the rest of the year until we prove we can beat it.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,819
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I feel bad for Sanchez too. Generally, there was nobody open the entire game because the 49ers defense was only rushing 4 guys and playing everybody back. Every team will probably play us the same way the rest of the year until we prove we can beat it.
    Yup.

    Basically, the coaches tape tells us the following:

    -Our QB makes inaccurate throws and terrible decisions often resulting in turnovers
    -Our WR corps is unpolished and can't get open despite having decent speed
    -Our RBs are below average
    -Our offensive line gets no push in the running game and offers relatively poor pass protection as well

    We're not exactly Super Bowl bound. There isn't a single thing we do well on offense, and after our defense has been gashed again in the running game there might not be much we do well at all.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,600
    Our defense got absolutely manhandled on that 3rd and goal on the first TD. It was men against boys

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Yup.

    Basically, the coaches tape tells us the following:

    -Our QB makes inaccurate throws and terrible decisions often resulting in turnovers
    -Our WR corps is unpolished and can't get open despite having decent speed
    -Our RBs are below average
    -Our offensive line gets no push in the running game and offers relatively poor pass protection as well

    We're not exactly Super Bowl bound. There isn't a single thing we do well on offense, and after our defense has been gashed again in the running game there might not be much we do well at all.
    But, I also think the film shows that we didn't quit; we just played poorly. Big difference. I'm wondering if this "one step quicker" philosophy and the loss of all the weight is making us worse because we have no strength.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,142
    Thanks for the post.

    a couple of things...

    The OL not opening up any holes, and the Niners LB's are untouched, unblocked too often.

    Bilal Powell must play more on 1st/2nd downs, and Sparano must call for more runs outside the Tackles with him. Defense is clogging the middle with no outside threat.

    Kerley is very good, and might be an upgrade in place of Tone.

    Mark and the O miss Keller more than I thought.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I feel bad for Sanchez too. Generally, there was nobody open the entire game because the 49ers defense was only rushing 4 guys and playing everybody back. Every team will probably play us the same way the rest of the year until we prove we can beat it.
    BULL **** feel sorry for the $50 mil stiff QB. Ok we have nothing on offense granted, but still that is no excuse for the stupid ass fumble or the lazy int he threw.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    BULL **** feel sorry for the $50 mil stiff QB. Ok we have nothing on offense granted, but still that is no excuse for the stupid ass fumble or the lazy int he threw.
    or the overthrow by 5 feet to Holmes for a 1st down...

    But the OL sucks..Howard is getting exposed...Mangold is overrated (and he's one of my favorite Jets) Slauson and Moore (old and beat up) are terrible!!

    When the rare times there is a hole Greene picks the wrong gap to run thru

    I still question if Sparano's new scheme plays some into this, but the OGs and RT are killing this team

  11. #11
    Yep we stink. The Pats will once again play for the SB vs the Giants or Packers and we will win our last few games hurting our draft placement like Herman Edwards did when he coached to win vs the Chiefs which took us from a Top 2 pick to 6th and missing out on Ed Reed.

    In order for us to go deep n any playoff we have to all of the sudden play better than the broncos, texans, pats, etc...

  12. #12
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,212
    First drive, its 3rd down.....Tone is wide open right in the middle of the field, sanchez cant see him for some reason and takes a sack. There were enough opportunities missed before the game got out of hand.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    First drive, its 3rd down.....Tone is wide open right in the middle of the field, sanchez cant see him for some reason and takes a sack. There were enough opportunities missed before the game got out of hand.
    I saw that too. Also on the play where he "almost" ran beyond the line of scrimmage the receiver he hit was wide open for quite some time. Should not have taken so long to find him. With that said, watching most of the first half Sanchez does hit the right man when he's getting open and guys were not getting open much at all. What I did notice it's almost painfully obvious before the snap whether it's a run or pass play. I usually hit pause right at the snap during a pass play to assess the defensive backs, yet I find myself knowing presnap based on the look of the offense when it's going to be a run. It should not be that obvious.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us