Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama has been far better than he gets credit for

Obama has been far better than he gets credit for

A good politician plays the hand dealt and doesn't operate from the stance that they should have a better hand and refuse to admit what they have to work with. With a Republican party that has gone ugly and stupid and said from day one the main objective was to make sure he failed, the country be damned, he has done amazingly well.

Obamacare- This will be his signature legislation from the first term and affect us for generations to come. Private health insurance available to all! When Texas, Mississippi and Louisiana have near full coverage we might even see a shift in political participation and leanings. The era of being turned away because you are over your limit or have a pre-existing condition is over. Forcing heath care providers to spend 85% of premiums on care or refund the difference was a nice little nugget hiding in the bill. This forces the providers to go visibly public and be held accountable for the first time. What's missing is the public option. That's the greatest disappointment. My favorite moment of the debate? The old man demanding the Government keep their hands off of his medicare. (Word to all the critics with pulled from their asses claims of doom and outright lies about it. Come back here in 2016 and we will see exactly how much of your crap proves to be true. The weasels will be whistling dixie and trying to change the subject just like you did when you claimed the Clinton tax increase, in his first term would doom us and were held accountable later.)

Foreign Policy- A nuanced foreign policy that has help restore the tarnished 'Get out of my way, or else' Bush years stance has begun to repair the image of America and the restore respect. Obama's focus on capturing Osama was, at a bare minimum, deflated moral, and at best a major stake through the heart for Al Qiada. The re-engagement of the rest of the world has been proven to be wise and Hillary as Secretary of State has proven to be a smart move. She has been amazing!

The economy- I would hardly call it all peaches and cream but following the worst economic climate since the great depression he has handled it well. The decision to bail out the auto industry ended up being the right move. It rebounded quickly and is again a driving force of the economy. I also wonder if those who wanted to let it go bankrupt actually understand what that meant? Suppliers down the line would have been hit hard, many fatally. The stock market is back to pre disaster levels and humming along nicely. The one area that lags badly is job creation and at last we have begun to see some growth. Let's hope this trend continues. Wages too trail and that needs to be lifted. No thanks to Republicans, who purposefully held back recovery with the fake debt ceiling crisis and a complete refusal to support any of the job bills proposed that would have reduced the local government layoffs that have added to the woes. Of course they see it as an excuse to gut unions and disempower people who work for a living.

Veteran Care- It's ironic that here he has done more than almost any administration in recent history considering that another party always claimed this as their signature stance. But when it came to putting up it proved to a hallow cry. Increase funding of Veteran care and VA reform has ended much of the shameful and disgraceful travesties our brave members of the military faced upon returning.

Civil Rights- The single most pro-gay civil rights administration bar none in the history of American. Don't ask, don't tell is gone. Marriage Equality is now the official stance of the Democratic party and coming soon to state near you. There are a lot of little things too that have made a huge difference such as extending benefits to same sex partners of federal workers that have proven that he is serious and not a one issue panderer.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    A good politician plays the hand dealt and doesn't operate from the stance that they should have a better hand and refuse to admit what they have to work with. With a Republican party that has gone ugly and stupid and said from day one the main objective was to make sure he failed, the country be damned, he has done amazingly well.

Obamacare- This will be his signature legislation from the first term and affect us for generations to come. Private health insurance available to all! When Texas, Mississippi and Louisiana have near full coverage we might even see a shift in political participation and leanings. The era of being turned away because you are over your limit or have a pre-existing condition is over. Forcing heath care providers to spend 85% of premiums on care or refund the difference was a nice little nugget hiding in the bill. This forces the providers to go visibly public and be held accountable for the first time. What's missing is the public option. That's the greatest disappointment. My favorite moment of the debate? The old man demanding the Government keep their hands off of his medicare. (Word to all the critics with pulled from their asses claims of doom and outright lies about it. Come back here in 2016 and we will see exactly how much of your crap proves to be true. The weasels will be whistling dixie and trying to change the subject just like you did when you claimed the Clinton tax increase, in his first term would doom us and were held accountable later.)

Foreign Policy- A nuanced foreign policy that has help restore the tarnished 'Get out of my way, or else' Bush years stance has begun to repair the image of America and the restore respect. Obama's focus on capturing Osama was, at a bare minimum, deflated moral, and at best a major stake through the heart for Al Qiada. The re-engagement of the rest of the world has been proven to be wise and Hillary as Secretary of State has proven to be a smart move. She has been amazing!

The economy- I would hardly call it all peaches and cream but following the worst economic climate since the great depression he has handled it well. The decision to bail out the auto industry ended up being the right move. It rebounded quickly and is again a driving force of the economy. I also wonder if those who wanted to let it go bankrupt actually understand what that meant? Suppliers down the line would have been hit hard, many fatally. The stock market is back to pre disaster levels and humming along nicely. The one area that lags badly is job creation and at last we have begun to see some growth. Let's hope this trend continues. Wages too trail and that needs to be lifted. No thanks to Republicans, who purposefully held back recovery with the fake debt ceiling crisis and a complete refusal to support any of the job bills proposed that would have reduced the local government layoffs that have added to the woes. Of course they see it as an excuse to gut unions and disempower people who work for a living.

Veteran Care- It's ironic that here he has done more than almost any administration in recent history considering that another party always claimed this as their signature stance. But when it came to putting up it proved to a hallow cry. Increase funding of Veteran care and VA reform has ended much of the shameful and disgraceful travesties our brave members of the military faced upon returning.

Civil Rights- The single most pro-gay civil rights administration bar none in the history of American. Don't ask, don't tell is gone. Marriage Equality is now the official stance of the Democratic party and coming soon to state near you. There are a lot of little things too that have made a huge difference such as extending benefits to same sex partners of federal workers that have proven that he is serious and not a one issue panderer.
    I'll let someone else break this down in more detail, but I'll get the easy ones out of the way:

1) He had a democratic majority for two years and did nothing with it -- if he had, he'd probably still have one

2) There are many liberal democrats who do not approve of Obamacare, so let's not act like he accomplished something great until we have some facts to base that opinion on

3) The fact that you think we have MORE respect from foreign nations now than we used to is laughable at best

4) The biggest recessions are supposed to have the biggest recoveries. How long do we have to keep waiting?

5) I'll admit I don't know much about veteran care, past or present.

6) An openly pro-gay administration only benefits those who are supportive of an openly pro-gay agenda. To my knowledge that does not currently reflect the majority of America, so not sure why you'd think people would give him credit for this.

Four more weeks and we'll see just how supportive the American people actually are . . .

Hall Of Fame

The lying lies of a liar administration. Pants on fire BIG TIME.

All Pro
    Hillary Clinton has been amazing, and Obama far better than he gets credit for.

I bet you can see B. Hussein's small intestine from your house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCFib...eature=mh_lolz

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

I lol'd because of the asshat implications.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDumbarine View Post
    blah bah verbal diarrhea
    The Genderless Childrens Choir ™

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T9_q9PKpT0

I'm somewhat disappointed not to hear anything about having to pay for contraceptives, condoms and coat hangers in that lovely song.
    Last edited by Frequent Flyer; 10-31-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Jets Insider VIP

Get some new material, Rush...

you're repeating yourself.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    The Genderless Childrens Choir ™

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T9_q9PKpT0

I'm somewhat disappointed not to hear anything about having to pay for contraceptives, condoms and coat hangers in that lovely song.
    It's like The Village of The Damned only with gay pre-pubertal nerds

aka the Menarche of Dimes

why not put glasses on all of 'em to make em look smarter?

if you can't vote for B. Hussein, at least SING his praises

they're probably on the rolls anyway

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Get some new material, Rush...

you're repeating yourself.

From the original tape/Froot loop hisself, that's a hot one.

Alright, I misspoke, so you can see Ron Paul's small intestine from your house.

Jets Insider VIP
    From the original tape/Froot loop hisself, that's a hot one.
    FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!

YES, WE CAN!!!!

Poor Jungle Shift Jerk and his Brownshirts

Veteran
    Damn those kids are ugly. Were they intentionally made to look as haggard as possible for apocalyptic effect?

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I'll let someone else break this down in more detail, but I'll get the easy ones out of the way:

1) He had a democratic majority for two years and did nothing with it -- if he had, he'd probably still have one
    this is patently false. He had a majority for 6 months when the death of Kennedy ended his majority

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan24 View Post
    this is patently false. He had a majority for 6 months when the death of Kennedy ended his majority
    Congratulations, you know even less about politics than Skippy Goohead the 3rd and that's saying something.

(D) had a Congressional majority until January 2011. Kennedy's seat was still held by (D), under appointment by a (D) governor until Brown won his special election 1/10 and was sworn in on February 4, 2010.

Brown's swearing in after winning the election only gave the GOP a 41 vote Senate filibuster capability intended to halt PPACA; due to procedural manoeuvering it passed with ZERO (R) votes anyway
    the loss of the House soon followed.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 11-01-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Congratulations, you know even less about politics than Skippy Goohead the 3rd and that's saying something.

(D) had a Congressional majority until January 2011. Kennedy's seat was still held by (D), under appointment by a (D) governor until Brown won his special election 1/10 and was sworn in on February 4, 2010.

Brown's swearing in after winning the election only gave the GOP a 41 vote Senate filibuster capability intended to halt PPACA; due to procedural manoeuvering it passed with ZERO (R) votes anyway
    Yeah, I obv meant super majority which is all that's relevant when the GOP is filibustering every single thing he tries to get passed.

http://538refugees.wordpress.com/201...majority-myth/

Depending upon which metric is used, Democrats had a super majority for roughly six months which includes the seven weeks between Franken’s swearing-in on July 8 to Ted Kennedy’s death on August 25 and the four months and nine days between Paul Kirk’s swearing-in on September 25, 2009 to his replacement by Scott Brown on February 4, 2010. This was just barely enough time to pass the biggest and most difficult health care legislation in generations; an event that would likely never have happened under any other circumstances. This also happened under the onslaught of every procedural obstruction the Republicans could put in its path.
    Nice try though

It doesn't matter, he'll continue to spread that lie.

He pushed through Obamacare on a party line vote. He claimed it'd reduce the deficit which is patently false. He could have focused on the economy but lurched to the left after inauguration and pushed through the stimulus, and healthcare. He gave it to Pelosi and Reid...Obama can't govern, he's just the leftist idea guy. I knew we were phucked when I saw him bro-hug Jamie Foxx and JayZ after his inauguration speech.

Foreign Policy one word Lybia still no answer from Obama
    Healthcare trillions more then calculated and going up.
    This country is the laughing stock of the world.

Just Say No To O!

All Pro
    Yeah, I obv meant super majority which is all that's relevant when the GOP is filibustering every single thing he tries to get passed.

http://538refugees.wordpress.com/201...majority-myth/

Nice try though
    0care was passed on March 21, 2010 by bypassing the filibuster.
    People got pissed, then turned over the House to (R) precisely to
    prevent any more damage.
    Back to study hall, kid.