Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL Network's "First on the Field" show Sun morning = as of Friday 12000 tkts avail

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I, for one, am hoping the Jets get blacked out in the coming years. I'm tired of footing the bill for the freeloaders to sit at home and watch on television.

SAR I

So by your logic you want jet fans that say, live 3 thousand miles away to do what???

All League
    No, I don't get it. It's cool that you won't get blacked out.

I have a $1.5M house and it's got all the NFL channels, so if I skip a game here or there I get to see them all too.

SAR I
    Now you're being too obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i think your wrong. im sure in the contract theres a clause about bankruptcy or relocating. this is new jersey and besides the giants would still remain in the stadium.
    Actually, the only thing I was wrong about was the length of the lease. Jets are contractually obligated to play and practice in NJ for 99 years. They aren't moving anywhere, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Actually, the only thing I was wrong about was the length of the lease. Jets are contractually obligated to play and practice in NJ for 99 years. They aren't moving anywhere, no matter what.
    @RichCimini: #Jets deny Jets Insider report that team is considering violating lease and moving to Los Angeles. Per spokesman, Jets will remain in New Jersey.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    So by your logic you want jet fans that say, live 3 thousand miles away to do what???
    be thankful.

I usually go to an away game every year. I WON'T this year.

@RichCimini: #Jets deny Jets Insider report that team is considering violating lease and moving to Los Angeles. Per spokesman, Jets will remain in New Jersey.

SAR I
    @RichCimini : #Jets deny that SAR I knows what he's talking about. Per spokesman, Jets will remain annoyed at SAR I.

There are more Jets fans paying more money than ever before to watch the team in their new stadium.

By building a new stadium and by instituting PSL's, the Jets went from the fourth least profitable franchise in the NFL to the fourth most profitable one.

Translation: an 80% sold out MetLife Stadium makes more money than a 100% sold out Giants Stadium. It's the benefit of owning 50% of the stadium as opposed to renting it.

SAR I
    This post gets 4 Pinocchios and "pants on fire" by the fact checkers

Any buyer would have to pay off the state of New Jersey to get out of the remaining 28 years on the lease. Never gonna happen.
    No there is no lease. The stadium is coowned by the Giants and Jets. If the Jets wanted to leave all they would have to do is sell their 50% share to the Giants. Of course that would not be an easy thing to do.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Those a terrible seats. I feel bad for the schmuck who laid out hard coin for those. Corner is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    No there is no lease. The stadium is coowned by the Giants and Jets. If the Jets wanted to leave all they would have to do is sell their 50% share to the Giants. Of course that would not be an easy thing to do.
    Wrong. The land the stadium sits on is owned by the state of NJ. The Jets (and Giants) signed a 99 year lease and are obligated to stay there.

I was offered free tickets this week and I turned them down. I will not do anything that supports Woody Johnson in any way shape or form. He is a disaster.

Wrong. The land the stadium sits on is owned by the state of NJ. The Jets (and Giants) signed a 99 year lease and are obligated to stay there.
    The lease is on the land. The state does not own the stadium. That is true. If the Giants buy out the Jets ownership in the stadium obviously they would take over the lease on the land.

Veteran
    Pathetic!! Where are all you "Jets definitely win" and "Sanchez supporters" right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Those a terrible seats. I feel bad for the schmuck who laid out hard coin for those. Corner is the worst.
    You are right.

On StubHub, down to $49, still no takers.

SAR I

All League
    My family and I go up to one game a year, at least. We buy tickets from stubhub and get a hotel room and usually have to take a Monday off work. We were going to go to the SD game in December, but we cancelled. I already put out money for Sunday Ticket and I cant justify spending any more in support of this franchise.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    No one cares about MLB now that football is here. Tickets are just simply too expensive for a bad team.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Pathetic!! Where are all you "Jets definitely win" and "Sanchez supporters" right now?
    listing their remaining tickets on stubhub, or refusing to believe the truth being said here and pretty much everywhere else Jets talk goes.

sar i is bragging again i see. 1.5 million dollar house in new jersey????? you kidding me ???????? is this guy for real? that equals nothng but you overpaid and overpay for taxes. sar i your seats are worthless if they blackout the games. get with the program. tired of you flexing internet money muscles here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    sar i is bragging again i see. 1.5 million dollar house in new jersey????? you kidding me ???????? is this guy for real? that equals nothng but you overpaid and overpay for taxes. sar i your seats are worthless if they blackout the games. get with the program. tired of you flexing internet money muscles here.

$1.5 mill ??? Why not buy a place where it`s worth living. NJ sucks. Total waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    I agree ... have you seen the ratings for baseball games --- no one is watching.
    The 12 billion dollar new tv deal they just signed says otherwise.