Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Network's "First on the Field" show Sun morning = as of Friday 12000 tkts avail

NFL Network's "First on the Field" show Sun morning = as of Friday 12000 tkts avail

I'm watching NFL Network's "First on the Field" show today (Sun morning) - and they said as of Friday 12,000 tickets were available for Monday Night Game vs Texans.

Then they go on to say to fill those seats - "Tebow Time"

talk about it

I'm not surprised. I am a season ticket holder with pre-paid parking. I have begun taking a bus from a local bar to the games. I have made money on posting my parking ticket for the first couple of games, I can't get rid of this week's ticket.

Poor product+fickle fans+woody Johnson-offensive talent+pop Warner Tebow+ corporate atmosphere=12000 no shows!

Plus the Yankees play Monday night. Not saying that's a huge factor, but it will account for some no-shows.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Joe View Post
    I'm watching NFL Network's "First on the Field" show today (Sun morning) - and they said as of Friday 12,000 tickets were available for Monday Night Game vs Texans.

Then they go on to say to fill those seats - "Tebow Time"

talk about it
    Most of those were already bought though, those are tickets on the secondary market they are referring to. There are not 12,000 unsold tickets.

how many of the 12k seats are the premium club seats that are not sold anytime for the giants or jets?

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Most of those were already bought though, those are tickets on the secondary market they are referring to. There are not 12,000 unsold tickets.
    According to the article, that's not true. They are listed as "unsold" tickets and the Jets would have had to buy them at 34 cents on the dollar to prevent a blackout. Nothing to do with the secondary market where I would guess there are actually twice that number available. Incredible.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-as-of-friday/

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Plus the Yankees play Monday night. Not saying that's a huge factor, but it will account for some no-shows.
    No one cares about MLB now that football is here. Tickets are just simply too expensive for a bad team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    No one cares about MLB now that football is here. Tickets are just simply too expensive for a bad team.
    It's the playoffs, of course people care about the Yankees. They have way more fans than the Jets.

That said, I agree that the number one cause is expensive tickets to see a bad team get massacred on a Monday night. Who wants to do that?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    According to the article, that's not true. They are listed as "unsold" tickets and the Jets would have had to buy them at 34 cents on the dollar to prevent a blackout. Nothing to do with the secondary market where I would guess there are actually twice that number available. Incredible.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-as-of-friday/
    If true, that is really bad. Right now there are 5,400 tickets for sale on Stub Hub alone. Cant give these tickets away right now.

Hall Of Fame
    We were able to sell our tickets. I made sure to sell them to a Jets fan.

Does not surprise me. And to be honest, this is the only thing that would force Woody to make a change. We have a non-competitive offense that sucks the joy out of watching an NFL game.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    12k on 85k....actually impressive.

The first part of what you said is ridiculous. The 2nd part is very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We were able to sell our tickets. I made sure to sell them to a Jets fan.

Does not surprise me. And to be honest, this is the only thing that would force Woody to make a change. We have a non-competitive offense that sucks the joy out of watching an NFL game.
    Last week just sucked the life out of every Jets fan.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Last week just sucked the life out of every Jets fan.
    and the last 43 years hasn`t?

+1
    baseball is boring

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    and the last 43 years hasn`t?
    Haha, well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    12k on 85k....actually impressive.
    theres alot more than 12k not sold. when the jets give that count they figure in the tickets brokers have already purchased for resale. id be willing to be the total is more like 22k.

Hall Of Fame
    Tickets are just simply too expensive for a bad team.
    Exactly.

When you charge a premium price, you must offer a premium product.

I foresee the demise of the Jets as a franchise. After this season is over and they flop again next year, things will really get ugly for Woody and the Jets. I don`t think the Jets will last the 30 years in this new stadium. Woody won`t be able to sell the team for a profit like I`m sure he hopes to do. They just might have to pack their bags and move out west to LA. At least out there they`ll have their own stadium for a change finally and they will have just as many crappy fans out there. Maybe more.