Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL Network's "First on the Field" show Sun morning = as of Friday 12000 tkts avail

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    I foresee the demise of the Jets as a franchise. After this season is over and they flop again next year, things will really get ugly for Woody and the Jets. I don`t think the Jets will last the 30 years in this new stadium. Woody won`t be able to sell the team for a profit like I`m sure he hopes to do. They just might have to pack their bags and move out west to LA. At least out there they`ll have their own stadium for a change finally and they will have just as many crappy fans out there. Maybe more.
    Jets are locked into New Jersey for 28 more years. No ifs, ands, or buts. There is zero chance that they move.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    12k on 85k....actually impressive.

There are 12,500 Club seats in the stadium.

There are 27,000 Upper Deck seats in the stadium.

12,000 unsold equals 30% of those two sections, 45% Club's and 20% UD, sounds about right.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 10-07-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    +1
    baseball is boring
    While you are entitled to this opinion, anyone who thinks that "everyone" agrees is a fool.

I don't know a single Yankees/Jets fan that would prefer to be at MetLife on Monday instead of Yankee Stadium.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I foresee the demise of the Jets as a franchise. After this season is over and they flop again next year, things will really get ugly for Woody and the Jets. I don`t think the Jets will last the 30 years in this new stadium. Woody won`t be able to sell the team for a profit like I`m sure he hopes to do. They just might have to pack their bags and move out west to LA. At least out there they`ll have their own stadium for a change finally and they will have just as many crappy fans out there. Maybe more.
    if woody has a chance to turn a profit with the investor in la this team is gone. how fitting would that be to all us jets fans. stanger things have happened.
    if they move all psls are null and void or maybe they offer us seats in the new stadium.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    if woody has a chance to turn a profit with the investor in la this team is gone. how fitting would that be to all us jets fans. stanger things have happened.
    if they move all psls are null and void or maybe they offer us seats in the new stadium.
    Any buyer would have to pay off the state of New Jersey to get out of the remaining 28 years on the lease. Never gonna happen.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Any buyer would have to pay off the state of New Jersey to get out of the remaining 28 years on the lease. Never gonna happen.
    i think your wrong. im sure in the contract theres a clause about bankruptcy or relocating. this is new jersey and besides the giants would still remain in the stadium.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That 12,000 must count the club seats which I don't believe count against the blackout as they are premium seats.

With Stub hub you don't know how many are team owned tickets or STH holder tickets.

SAR posted that there are only 3000-4000 unsold seats and that most of them are in the upper deck. At $50 per ticket the jets will only need to buy about
    $ 650,000 (at 34%) worth of tickets to broadcast the games.

Bowls suck to watch a game, it looks like only about 50% of the tickets are between the goal lines.

I hate Monday night football anyway, Even watching at home it is tough getting ready for the commute the next morning. Going to the game your lucky to get in the office before 10

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Plus the Yankees play Monday night. Not saying that's a huge factor, but it will account for some no-shows.
    oh u mean a professionally run sports organization??

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    2-2 and the team is moving to Cali

Absolute comedic gold

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RichCimini: #Jets deny NFL Network report that team had 12k unsold tix for MNF as of Friday. Per spokesman, every home gm will be televised locally.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are more Jets fans paying more money than ever before to watch the team in their new stadium.

By building a new stadium and by instituting PSL's, the Jets went from the fourth least profitable franchise in the NFL to the fourth most profitable one.

Translation: an 80% sold out MetLife Stadium makes more money than a 100% sold out Giants Stadium. It's the benefit of owning 50% of the stadium as opposed to renting it.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There are more Jets fans paying more money than ever before to watch the team in their new stadium.

By building a new stadium and by instituting PSL's, the Jets went from the fourth least profitable franchise in the NFL to the fourth most profitable one.

Translation: an 80% sold out MetLife Stadium makes more money than a 100% sold out Giants Stadium. It's the benefit of owning 50% of the stadium as opposed to renting it.

SAR I
    Thats not right. I don`t think there are more Jets fans. I think they have less than they ever did. If there is 20-25%(or more as the 49`er game showed us) opposing fans in the stadium every game, and the stadium has lots of empty seats everywhere(20%), there can`t be more than 50-60% Jets fans.

Woody can always sell his half to the Giants and just pack up and move. All it`s gonna take is a stretch of terrible football, which I believe has begun, and the fans will stop going. PSL or not, people will opt to not bother going. There will be those "unable to give tiks away" seasons ahead. The seats will still be counted as sold but the no-shows will make Woody think about all the concession $ he is missing out on. Just because the Jets made their fans pay for that stadium doesn`t mean he can`t get out of it. He`s a lot smarter on the business end than he is the football end. He`s definitely got himself an out of some sorts.
    Last edited by The Band; 10-07-2012 at 01:36 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats not right. I don`t think there are more Jets fans. I think they have less than they ever did. If there is 20-25% opposing fans in the stadium every game, and the stadium has lots of empty seats everywhere(20%), there can`t be more than 50-60% Jets fans.

Woody can always sell his half to the Giants and just pack up and move. All it`s gonna take is a stretch of terrible football, which I believe has begun, and the fans will stop going. PSL or not, people will opt to not bother going. There will those "unable to give tiks away" seasons ahead. The seats will still be counted as sold but the no-shows will make Woody think about all the concession $ he is missing out on. Just because the Jets made their fans pay for that stadium doesn`t mean he can`t get out of it. He`s a lot smarter on the business end than he is the football end. He`s definitely got himself an out of some sorts.
    The new stadium is significantly larger than the old one. For years we were told that 1/3 of the fans in Giants Stadium were either Giants fans or tickets scalpers. Because of PSL's, there are no longer any Giants fans or scalpers in the Jets family.

Translation: There are more true Jets fans in the stadium than ever before. Empty seats, sure, but more Jets fans than ever before in the facility itself.

Like any team in the NFL, empty seats equals embarrassment for the franchise owner. As a result, it motivates him to put a better product on the field. The amount of Jets seats sold and the current average attendance is greater than the New England Patriots who have been the class of the AFC for the past decade. The Jets and Giants decided to buck current NFL trend and build a fully closed stadium. Most stadiums built today don't have any upper deck end zones, and that's what's putting pressure on the sold-out status.

I, for one, am hoping the Jets get blacked out in the coming years. I'm tired of footing the bill for the freeloaders to sit at home and watch on television.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    +1
    baseball is boring

I agree ... have you seen the ratings for baseball games --- no one is watching.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We were able to sell our tickets. I made sure to sell them to a Jets fan.

Does not surprise me. And to be honest, this is the only thing that would force Woody to make a change. We have a non-competitive offense that sucks the joy out of watching an NFL game.
    THIS!

The ONLY way Woody changes regimes is if his pockets start to hurt. You don't like the job that Rex, Tanny have been doing? Stop buying Jets Tickets & Apparel.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    12,000 tickets? I can only imagine what Woody is thinking to drum up sales...

"How about dogs chasing frisbees at half-time? Nah...you know how much those dogs would cost me!!!

How about free Woody Johson bobble heads? Nah...people wouldn't take them even if they were free...or they'd be melting them in the parking lots!

I know, we can start that guy we traded for over the summer who people love even though his passes look like a shot put! Yeah...that's it! Tebow Time!"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The new stadium is significantly larger than the old one. For years we were told that 1/3 of the fans in Giants Stadium were either Giants fans or tickets scalpers. Because of PSL's, there are no longer any Giants fans or scalpers in the Jets family.

Translation: There are more true Jets fans in the stadium than ever before. Empty seats, sure, but more Jets fans than ever before in the facility itself.

Like any team in the NFL, empty seats equals embarrassment for the franchise owner. As a result, it motivates him to put a better product on the field. The amount of Jets seats sold and the current average attendance is greater than the New England Patriots who have been the class of the AFC for the past decade. The Jets and Giants decided to buck current NFL trend and build a fully closed stadium. Most stadiums built today don't have any upper deck end zones, and that's what's putting pressure on the sold-out status.

I, for one, am hoping the Jets get blacked out in the coming years. I'm tired of footing the bill for the freeloaders to sit at home and watch on television.

SAR I
    You always make such stable arguments, then punctuate them with an elitist barb.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    You always make such stable arguments, then punctuate them with an elitist barb.
    Sometimes it gets tiring defending season-ticket holders from those who simply sit on the couch. Sad for the franchise, but it would give those loafers a taste of their own medicine.

Make them have no game to watch on Sunday, get themselves to the stadium.

I drive my BMW to the stadium, they can drive their Kia's.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes it gets tiring defending season-ticket holders from those who simply sit on the couch. Sad for the franchise, but it would give those loafers a taste of their own medicine.

Make them have no game to watch on Sunday, get themselves to the stadium.

I drive my BMW to the stadium, they can drive their Kia's.

SAR I
    See what I mean?

Anyways; I'm out of market, no blackout for me.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    See what I mean?

Anyways; I'm out of market, no blackout for me.
    No, I don't get it. It's cool that you won't get blacked out.

I have a $1.5M house and it's got all the NFL channels, so if I skip a game here or there I get to see them all too.

SAR I