Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Keyshawn Johnson on the lack of Jets talent

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The whole "start on another team" is a moronic concept. Which other team(s) are you talking about? Is he implying that all 22 guys on some other team would start on all the other teams? So those starters are better than every other starter in their position throughout the league? Wow, that's an all-star team! Would Drew Brees start on the Packers? NOPE. I guess the Saints suck.

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    The whole "start on another team" is a moronic concept. Which other team(s) are you talking about? Is he implying that all 22 guys on some other team would start on all the other teams? So those starters are better than every other starter in their position throughout the league? Wow, that's an all-star team! Would Drew Brees start on the Packers? NOPE. I guess the Saints suck.
    It's not saying on any one specific team buy on any of the 32 teams around the league.

Only 8 players on the Jets would start on ANY of the other 31 teams.
    Last edited by fidelioion; 10-07-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Everything has to be so exact with you? WTF...are you an accountant?

I'll translate for Keyshon. JETS SUCK. Their front office SUCKS.

Thank God I left. I knew and continue to know they will go no where with Woddy, Tanny and Rex.
    -Keyshon J.

better?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    It's not saying on any one specific team buy on any of the 32 teams around the league.

Only 8 players on the Jets would start on ANY of the other 31 teams.
    ok, so you're saying that 14 of the Jets' starters are worse than EVERY other starter at their positions, on EVERY one of the remaining 31 NFL teams.

The redskins got Morris, hankerson, two qbs, Morgan and garcon for offense. We got....

ok, so you're saying that 14 of the Jets' starters are worse than EVERY other starter at their positions, on EVERY one of the remaining 31 NFL teams.
    I'm not saying it, Keyshawn Johnson was...

But to a previous posters point, wether that's factual or not is not the point. The point is the Jets don't have a lot of talent on their roster..And that I agree with.

I don't think Keyshawn was being literal. He was making a point.

All League
    Keyshawn Johnson is a POS

Veteran
    Keyshawn for OC

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    THANK YOU!!!! I've been on this bus for the past couple of weeks and the bus has ALOT of empty seats...

Some of these players have regressed since being drafted i.e. Sanchez, Greene
    I have always agreed with you and have stated Coaching Counts!

The question is could our guys start ahead of JAG's on other teams ? I think the majority of JI would agree that there are only a few members on our team who clearly would.

More generally it's a statement that the Jets have average or below average talent at most of our starting 22.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan24 View Post
    no one informed him that this is the most talented Jets team in 30 years?
    It is because of stupid statements like these that people are literally hanging Sanchez and other players out to dry in order to deflect criticism of the Jets CS and FO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    It is because of stupid statements like these that people are literally hanging Sanchez and other players out to dry in order to deflect criticism of the Jets CS and FO!!!
    Too bad Sanchez is the leader of the "wouldn't start on any other team in the league" group.

Jets Insider VIP
    THANK YOU!!!! I've been on this bus for the past couple of weeks and the bus has ALOT of empty seats...

OK....but you have been a passenger on the front office bus. I have looked at the JETS draft and GIANTS. There is no comparison.

Rex is not a great developer. he needs talent, he can't make draft choices. heck...he thought Conner was a player.

Look at the 2 teams in NY. There is a very real and distinct difference that clearly starts before the coach is involved.

You , IMO opinion, have cited draft reports etc stating thebJETS didn't reach . Well, the GIANTS have the same reports and they have starters. IMPACT players from 2010 forward not to mention UDFAs and late rounders. Late round picks matter. WE throw them aside as trade bait for old players.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 10-07-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Wrong.

You have always called out any poster who dared question personnel decisions made by Ryan and Tannenbaum.

Only recently have you begun to see what many of us have been saying for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    OK....but you have been a passenger on the front office bus. I have looked at the JES draft and GIANTS. There is no comparison.

Rex is not a great developer. he needs talent, he can't make draft choices. heck...he thought Conner was a player.

Look at the 2 teams in NY. There is a very real and distinct difference that clearly starts before the coach is involved.

You , IMO opinion, have cited draft reports etc.... Well, thebGISNTS have the same reports and they have starters. IMPACT players from 2010 forward not to mention UDFAs and late rounders.
    Define "talent". Players are developed and coached up into "talent". JPP was raw when drafted. Some here don't even think someone that raw and needs development should be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. I remember people here were scared to draft JPP because he was raw and could bust

The major difference between the 2 NY teams

1-Coughlin is a far superior coach to Rex. He is a HOF coach. A coach isn't just who we see Sundays. It's how they teach, discipline, gameplan, etc. Monday - Saturday.

2. Eli is a far superior QB to Sanchez. He is a HOF QB

3. Ownership. Woody wants flash and press. Giants don't care about that

All I've stated is Tanny shouldnt be signaled out as the only culprit.

People should learn the FO structure and who the responsible parties are that go into the draft process

The picks the Jets made in '10 went in the rounds where the consensus of the "draft experts" had them going AT THAT TIME

Again KWilson was the 2nd rated and even the 1st rated CB by some in '10 draft.

Why hasn't he played better? Has he been coached up and developed properly? Or it just doesn't click for him?

The UDFA thing has been beaten to death here. Cruz is the Giants equivalent to Chrebet.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    LOl....that is funny

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Wrong.

You have always called out any poster who dared question personnel decisions made by Ryan and Tannenbaum.

Only recently have you begun to see what many of us have been saying for a while now.
    LOL...exactly.

Greene has been particularly bad and as a starting rb has been disgraceful at times. FO dearth of planning and stockpiling of suitable talent has really been exposed. Of course the Jets have had some horrendous bad luck with Revis the centrepiece of the D out as well as the main playmaker Tone...

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    I'm inclined to think Sanchez may have been David Carr'd by the regime. A frequently changing WR corps, a degrading OL and a RB corps that seems to be plagued by coaching misjudgment of talent.

Atlanta did well with Ryan, limiting him to what he did best with his surrounding talent available his first 4 years. Simultaneously, they consistently improved upon the surrounding WR/ OL talent when opportunities presented themselves.

The Jets seemingly became the anti-Falcons.
    x10000

They want him to improve yet the talent around his has gotten worse the past 2 seasons.