Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do the Jets have any chance vs. the Texans?

All League
    I would say yes. all that has to happen is simple. Every single player on offense HAS to play the best game of their careers, Schaub has to play his worst game, and Andre Johnson has to get injured in pre game warm ups and miss the game.

Veteran
    YES on any given Monday. Colts beat GB today so anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I say yes. I say yes because of the Jets defense. Rex has always hung his hat on the defense that he fields. The Jets defense has been terrible this season, but I think we all know they have the players to play great defense even without Darrelle Revis.

If Rex and Pettine can somehow get the defense to play better than they've played all season, the Jets could have a chance in a defensive battle. Granted, it's a very slim chance. I think the Texans are a better team than the 49ers. But if they suddenly start playing the smothering defense that they normally play under Rex Ryan, the Jets could have a chance.

But if the defense plays like sh*t and the team needs to rely on the offense to win it?

People sometimes forget how close the margins of difference are in the NFL. Yeah, everyone is so down on the Jets now, but these guys are elite professional athletes. They have pride and are in a nationally televised game. Everyone in the country is picking the Texans. So what ? Your damn right we have a chance to win this game. Did anyone see the Colts beating the Pack in the fashion they did today ? The Jets beating the Texans at home on MNF would be less surprising than the what the Colts pulled off.

As bad and horrid as we have looked, we are still in things. If we get hammered again like in previous weeks, than yeah, stick a fork in us. This is where RR and co can turn the season around. I'm not saying they will, but as OF NOW, they still have a chance.

If Jets are rolled and embarrassed on national TV, then I will sign on to the "fire Rex" bandwagon led by SarI.

I say we will pull a most unlikely upset. Season and some jobs are on the lne here.

FM3

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    YES on any given Monday. Colts beat GB today so anything is possible.
    I think a better question is what happens if we lose to Indy next week? That is the most winnable game we have left on the schedule. Lose Monday night by any margin and then lose next week, I think it will be the equivelent of the marino spike game.

Not according to this.

m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8475091&city=newyork

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... in a word - "yes" ...

... it's a home game which helps ...

... in the past we've matched up well against this team ... so despite how strong they are this year i would lessen that advantage a little ...

.. i think the "prove we're not quitters" is the best hope for us tomorrow ... i truly expect our guys to really bring it to disprove this ...

... all that being said, we'll still need to win the turnover battle, greene to have a big game that helps sustain long drives and move the chains on 3rd downs, AND a bit of fortune ...

... but ...

... while being less than we'd like, the answer to the question is ...

YES

l_j_r