Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We Want The Pumpkin !! We Want The Pumpkin !!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

We Want The Pumpkin !! We Want The Pumpkin !!!

This Monday Night game has pumpkin written all over it. Only thing missing? The REAL fans of years gone by. When it`s 34-0 Texans in the 3rd. qtr., someone should inflate a giant pumpkin for the new crowd. Would like to see if the new fans are as good as the old fans were. LOL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    dont forget about the blow up dolls that used to come out of the upper deck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    This Monday Night game has pumpkin written all over it. Only thing missing? The REAL fans of years gone by. When it`s 34-0 Texans in the 3rd. qtr., someone should inflate a giant pumpkin for the new crowd. Would like to see if the new fans are as good as the old fans were. LOL
    I have no idea what you are talking about; I'm just waiting for the "new" fans, as you put it, to try and light the stadium on fire like we did against Buffalo on Monday night years ago.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    dont forget about the blow up dolls that used to come out of the upper deck.
    Now this I know about. Don't forget about the penis balloons with the veins drawn on in marker.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about; I'm just waiting for the "new" fans, as you put it, to try and light the stadium on fire like we did against Buffalo on Monday night.
    sounds like you almost know what I`m talking about. You mentioned Buffalo, Monday Night and FIRE. LOL Look up some Jets history. It was a MNF game vs Buffalo back in 1987/88, maybe it was 89, where Buffalo spanked the Jets on National tv. Fist fights everywhere, promotional caps burning in the UD, the giant pumpkin was the star of the game. It was literally a riot in that stadium which led to one of the best decisions ever made by the NJSEA. NO MORE BEER SALES after halftime. Do you know how much money Jets/Giants fans have saved since that decision? MILLIONS probably. LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    everyone bring a painter's hat and light it on fire.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/classicbuffalo.html

would be this you were referring to I believe

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like you almost know what I`m talking about. You mentioned Buffalo, Monday Night and FIRE. LOL Look up some Jets history. It was a MNF game vs Buffalo back in 1987/88, maybe it was 89, where Buffalo spanked the Jets on National tv. Fist fights everywhere, promotional caps burning in the UD, the giant pumpkin was the star of the game. It was literally a riot in that stadium which led to one of the best decisions ever made by the NJSEA. NO MORE BEER SALES after halftime. Do you know how much money Jets/Giants fans have saved since that decision? MILLIONS probably. LOL
    Yeah. We are talking about the same game. I was there. But, I don't remember anything about a pumpkin. Just fires everywhere and fights.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will never forget that night. Wasnt it poster night that night and thats what they were lighting on fire? I remember leaving the game with my Dad and Uncles and seeing 6 or 7 guys in the parking lot making a puking alter (thats what they called it). They piled up garbage and empty beer cans in a pile about 5 feet high and all were taking turns puking on it. One of the most bizarre things I have seen at the stadium....LOL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If by "pumpkin" you mean the Flight Crew, "dressed" only in body paint, with their comely posteriors festooned as pumpkins, then I'm on board.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/classicbuffalo.html

would be this you were referring to I believe
    nope. It was in 89.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...RhiMmOj6Sd8Fiw

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    If by "pumpkin" you mean the Flight Crew, "dressed" only in body paint, with their comely posteriors festooned as pumpkins, then I'm on board.
    Would be nice. I think the Flight Crew is the best addition to the Jets since they won the SB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is why the jets got rid of all those horrible fans and replaced them with the new psl fans. im sure sar i agrees.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

At least Bruce Smith will not be playing in this one!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was there. My knuckle of my right pinky finger still sits in the middle of my hand as the result of punching a metal door. Not bright, but hey, I was 18 or 19. Good times.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This game (Buffalo 89') is exactly the buzzsaw this team is going to go through Monday night. I was there on that horrific evening. It was the coming out part for Thermal Thomas. The jets will get thrashed by Houston.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you who don't know the story is this . The inflated pumpkin balloon is bouncing around the stadium and falls onto the field. Security grabs it and runs into tunnel . We are getting destroyed by halftime. Crowd starts to chant WE WANT THE PUMPKIN. Security guard comes back out of tunnel with it to great cheers. good times

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at that game as a youngster. It was cambell soup hat night .They piled all those hats into piles and lit them on fire. Pops didn't let me go to another MNF game until I got a little older after that night. Fights galore before the game as well as fans was already in a Piss poor mood. This game as fight wise amounts is up there with the game when we drop the Giants out of playoff contention. That game was just all out Jets vs Giants fans gang warfare.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    fights fires and mass destruction wont happen monday night at metlife.

but i wouldnt be a bit surprised to hear.

my butler can kick your butlers ass or you will hear from my lawyer in the morning.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... personally, i miss the Gate D spirals ...

l_j_r