Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: We Want The Pumpkin !! We Want The Pumpkin !!!

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,569
    I miss the $2 knishes at the old stadium that came in foil wrap, I used them as handwarmers in December cold games.

  2. #22
    or the guy in sec 317 setting fire to some hat they gave away then putting it out buy p@ssing on it
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    dont forget about the blow up dolls that used to come out of the upper deck.

  3. #23
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    everyone bring a painter's hat and light it on fire.
    I was there. Will never forget the Chunky Soup sponsored Jets painter caps. Perhaps the worst looking and ill-conceived stadium giveaway. Anywhere. Ever.

    I remember a riot like brawl in the stands in the old Fireman Ed section (140ish). The players stopped and watched it. Craziest night at a Jets game ever.


    We want the pumpkin! We want the pumpkin! We want the pumpkin!

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    2,102
    Great stuff in this thread! I haven't heard many of these stories from the stadium. Keep em' coming. I watched the Jets' "dark ages" on television. Luckily, I am too young to have seen the team in the 70's.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... personally, i miss the Gate D spirals ...









    l_j_r


    Gate D RIP

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    this is why the jets got rid of all those horrible fans and replaced them with the new psl fans. im sure sar i agrees.
    Yeah. The Jets got rid of them

  7. #27
    The Pumpkin game was in 1988.

    1989 the Bills were the last home game of the season and it was ungodly cold that day. They had about 50,000 no-shows.

    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...IHYg4mhckmrshM

  8. #28
    Thread of the year LMFAO

    Woody should provide the giant pumpkin for entertainment value

    We want the pumpkin! We want the pumpkin! We want the pumpkin!

    SOJ fans are not born, they are created; Heidi, Fake spike, Pumpkin, Drafts, etc...

    I have seen this season before, I am still savoring the great game to start the season - Thank you Buffalo

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... personally, i miss the Gate D spirals ...
    Really! What was the harm in "Show us your t!ts" when the ladies voluntarily joined in?

    Ok, here's one I've only heard about: Apparently it was a Raiders game where every time the stadium was silent, some guy with an air horn would blast it and shout: "Hooowie... Howie takes it up the a$$! Can anyone confirm that one?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Really! What was the harm in "Show us your t!ts" when the ladies voluntarily joined in?

    Ok, here's one I've only heard about: Apparently it was a Raiders game where every time the stadium was silent, some guy with an air horn would blast it and shout: "Hooowie... Howie takes it up the a$$! Can anyone confirm that one?
    Like looking at shapely, young breasts is a bad thing. They are works of art, and provide nourishment to the world's infant young. If anything, it was a celebration of the fleshy orbs.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,224
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    I miss the $2 knishes at the old stadium that came in foil wrap, I used them as handwarmers in December cold games.
    Or the hot chocolate that got cold once it hit your hands.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,517
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    This Monday Night game has pumpkin written all over it. Only thing missing? The REAL fans of years gone by. When it`s 34-0 Texans in the 3rd. qtr., someone should inflate a giant pumpkin for the new crowd. Would like to see if the new fans are as good as the old fans were. LOL
    That was the first ever game I attended in the Meadowlands.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I was there. Will never forget the Chunky Soup sponsored Jets painter caps. Perhaps the worst looking and ill-conceived stadium giveaway. Anywhere. Ever.

    I remember a riot like brawl in the stands in the old Fireman Ed section (140ish). The players stopped and watched it. Craziest night at a Jets game ever.

    We want the pumpkin! We want the pumpkin! We want the pumpkin!



    They wrote essays on this. A must read.

    http://people.wku.edu/douglas.smith/...20Behavior.pdf

    SAR I

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Really! What was the harm in "Show us your t!ts" when the ladies voluntarily joined in?

    Ok, here's one I've only heard about: Apparently it was a Raiders game where every time the stadium was silent, some guy with an air horn would blast it and shout: "Hooowie... Howie takes it up the a$$! Can anyone confirm that one?
    I was there!

    Wasn't an air horn, he had a megaphone right behind the Raiders bench. I sat 5 rows behind him on the 40.

    Kept taunting him "How-ie...How-ie...." with stuff about being ghay and sucking penis, he ignored him but the Raiders bench was in hysterics.

    SAR I

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    I miss the $2 knishes at the old stadium that came in foil wrap, I used them as handwarmers in December cold games.
    They're still there, only available at the big food court on the 50 right next to the team store. They have a kosher cart, it's on there.

    SAR I

  16. #36
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post



    They wrote essays on this. A must read.

    http://people.wku.edu/douglas.smith/...20Behavior.pdf

    SAR I
    Phenomenal.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I was there!

    Wasn't an air horn, he had a megaphone right behind the Raiders bench. I sat 5 rows behind him on the 40.

    Kept taunting him "How-ie...How-ie...." with stuff about being ghay and sucking penis, he ignored him but the Raiders bench was in hysterics.

    SAR I
    Thanks for the confirmation, one of the few times my cousin acutually told the truth!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation, one of the few times my cousin acutually told the truth!
    Monday Night Football, 1989 I believe. Got great seats from a business partner, lived in Manhattan, didn't have a car. Good times. I think.

    SAR I

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    If by "pumpkin" you mean the Flight Crew, "dressed" only in body paint, with their comely posteriors festooned as pumpkins, then I'm on board.
    Sounds like another addition to the Hottie Thread.

  20. #40
    We`ll never have Jets games like that again. The Jets fans were voted as the worst fans in the league for a few years until Philly took the role.

    Games at Shea were just as nuts. Lots of people high on lots of different drugs there. I enjoyed the trip to Shea from NJ. The #7 train was an awesome ride to Shea. EVERYONE does laundry on Sunday morning in Queens. LOL Just riding that line over Queens was a cool sight. I was a teenager back then and we would bring our beer with us and pot ofcourse(pot was great in those days). The cops never bothered anyone drinking on the train as long as you brown-bagged it. It was about a 45 minute ride from Port Authority to Shea. Back then you had to buy your beer/booze the night before because you couldn`t purchase beer until 12:00pm and in many places you couldn`t purchase ANY booze on Sundays. Shea was a dump though. The water was rarely on and the piss troughs were always clogged and overflowing. You actually had to urinate in the drain in the middle of the floor. No one wanted to stand in the overflow of urine. It was also always very cold at Shea. The ride back wasn`t good usually. The Jets weren`t good and after a loss the ride was sobering to say the least.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us