Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez: The main reason we stink!

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Anyone who blames this teams problems on one single player is flashing their ignornce about objectively watching football.

Is Sanchez a part of the problem? You bet he is. Is he the biggest problem? Maybe, but it's debatable. He has no solid running back to hand the ball too, no solid receiver to throw the ball too.

Our offense has average or below average starters at 9 out of 11 starting offensive positions, and that number probably only improves by 2, MAYBE 3 if you exclude the injury problems.

Our offense is very poor all over. Sanchez isn't capable of elevating poor performers beyond their ability. Our run game isn't capable of taking any pressure off of Sanchez. Our WRs/Te's aren't capable of making the game easier for Sanchez. It's a perfect storm of talent ineptitude.

And that's just the offense. We have considerable problems on defense that I'm not even going to get into.
    A perfect storm indeed.

The band aids held better than expected in '11 and it probably gave the regime a sense that the margin of error in talent was narrower than it proved to be in '12.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    Dont you understand that if we switched WR's and RB's with the giants that they'd still be just fine because Eli is a winner and knows how to play football and we'd still suck because our defense is not dominant enough to hide Suckchez's obvious inefficiencies. SUCKchez is not god at any aspect of QB'ing.
    Ok. Learn how to spell then talk to me. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Ok. Learn how to spell then talk to me. Thanks
    clearly "god was a typo meant to be "good"

nice comeback guy

clearly "god was a typo meant to be "good"

nice comeback guy
    No problem.

Jets Insider VIP
    Anyone who blames this teams problems on one single player is flashing their ignornce about objectively watching football.

Is Sanchez a part of the problem? You bet he is. Is he the biggest problem? Maybe, but it's debatable. He has no solid running back to hand the ball too, no solid receiver to throw the ball too.

Our offense has average or below average starters at 9 out of 11 starting offensive positions, and that number probably only improves by 2, MAYBE 3 if you exclude the injury problems.

Our offense is very poor all over. Sanchez isn't capable of elevating poor performers beyond their ability. Our run game isn't capable of taking any pressure off of Sanchez. Our WRs/Te's aren't capable of making the game easier for Sanchez. It's a perfect storm of talent ineptitude.

And that's just the offense. We have considerable problems on defense that I'm not even going to get into.

One of the few sane, intelligent posters left on JI nowadays.

Can we please post this in every thread on the Pfail Strip where the OP is complaining about 1 player? Please?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post

One of the few sane, intelligent posters left on JI nowadays.

Can we please post this in every thread on the Pfail Strip where the OP is complaining about 1 player? Please?
    That "One Player" is the most important player ON the team, and is supposed to be the team leader.....OOPS.....Mark has never been that guy, Thats not fair to put that on him.

All League
    Sanchez is the absolute worst starting QB in the league. He will be out of the NFL in two years. He cannot read defenses. He has no feel for pressure, holds the ball too long, and is extremely inaccurate. Sanchez is absolutely atrocious. He has regressed form when he sucked in his first two years. He needs to be released after next season when the cap hit will be only 4 million.

We will not go into 2013 with Sanchez as the starter.
    He can eat hot-dogs on the sideline all season long.

Look at the giants for example... DO you really think Dominik Hixon and Ramses Barden are that good? Of course not Its the QB play that makes the Giants successful and as such its the QB play that makes the Jets unsuccessful...
    Did you really need to start your own thread about how Sanchez sucks? Couldn't you of just posted it in the millions of other Sanchez bashing threads?

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    That "One Player" is the most important player ON the team, and is supposed to be the team leader.....OOPS.....Mark has never been that guy, Thats not fair to put that on him.
    If I had to guess judging by your posts, I'd put you at about 12-13 years old... Am I close? Do you and J-Diddy go to the same middle school together?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    So, he was along for the ride when they were good, shouldn't he just be along for the ride when they're bad too?

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    If I had to guess judging by your posts, I'd put you at about 12-13 years old... Am I close? Do you and J-Diddy go to the same middle school together?
    I never understood what AGE has anything to do with someone's posting habits.....

Does it matter whether he is 12-13 or 31-32? Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I never understood what AGE has anything to do with someone's posting habits.....

Does it matter whether he is 12-13 or 31-32? Who cares?
    Because his posts show he has the level of intelligence of a mentally challenged 12 year old. That's why it matters. A semi-intelligent adult would show a little more.... well... intelligence.

Sanchez can be a game manager but he is not a game changer. However, he has the ability to pull a game winning drive from his backside from time to time. Give this man a decent running game, a deep threat who can catch a pass and a possession receiver and then we'll have a discussion about him being the problem.

Jets Insider VIP
    The OP is a hater, so much of what he posts is nonsense. Sanchez is not the main reason the Jets stink. They have crappy run D & O and crappy WRs to mitigate from his full culpability. However, Sanchez is the main reason the passing game sucks with his NFL leading 35 off target incompletions. If Those are on him and if he had 20 off target incompletions rather than 35, his complete. percentage would go from 49% to 60. In other words, Sanchez's bad throws have had a bigger impact than dropped passes or WRs looking wrong way.

Because his posts show he has the level of intelligence of a mentally challenged 12 year old. That's why it matters. A semi-intelligent adult would show a little more.... well... intelligence.
    FYI - I am a 34 year old attorney. I have my own practice and passed the Bar exam on the 1st attempt.

I guess only "smart" people think SUCKchez is not the problem. If that is the case please by all means put me in the category of the "morons" who think he stinks.

I have watched him with good WR's Tone and Bray and I still thought he was horrendous. Personally, I am done with him and so are the Jets.
    Like I said he will be out of the NFL after next season.

His mechanics are just not adequate for an NFL QB. He has regressed from his first two seasons when he was clearly carried by the defense and great running game. At best his ceiling is maybe Kyle Orton but more likely he is Joey Harington.

He cannot process NFL defenses well enough to succeed at this level. He needs the receiver to be open rather then anticipating a few moves in advance like the good QB's do. That is his biggest problem and unfortunately after 4 seasons IMO it will not improve. and without QB anticipation he will be a back-up at best.

All Pro
    FYI - I am a 34 year old attorney. I have my own practice and passed the Bar exam on the 1st attempt.

I guess only "smart" people think SUCKchez is not the problem. If that is the case please by all means put me in the category of the "morons" who think he stinks.

I have watched him with good WR's Tone and Bray and I still thought he was horrendous. Personally, I am done with him and so are the Jets.
    Like I said he will be out of the NFL after next season.

His mechanics are just not adequate for an NFL QB. He has regressed from his first two seasons when he was clearly carried by the defense and great running game. At best his ceiling is maybe Kyle Orton but more likely he is Joey Harington.

He cannot process NFL defenses well enough to succeed at this level. He needs the receiver to be open rather then anticipating a few moves in advance like the good QB's do. That is his biggest problem and unfortunately after 4 seasons IMO it will not improve. and without QB anticipation he will be a back-up at best.
    Physically, he is too short, and bowlegged. His passes are destined more oft than not for an opposing linemans hand, or helmet.

+1 on his processing.
    The OL is not world beaters, but i have seen Sanchez with more than enough time, just not knowing what to do with the ball. Fail.

All Pro

Is Sanchez a part of the problem? You bet he is. Is he the biggest problem? Maybe, but it's debatable.
    Agreed, but we are discussing the most important position in sports. One only needs to look at the Indianapolis Colts over the past three seasons to see how much of a difference a quality quarterback makes in the overall performance of a team.

The bottom line is Sanchez does not make the players around him better. In today's NFL, it's very difficult to build a consistently strong team around a quarterback who needs to be carried by superior players around him. It's a different league compared to even 5 years ago, and Sanchez is simply unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Agreed, but we are discussing the most important position in sports. One only needs to look at the Indianapolis Colts over the past three seasons to see how much of a difference a quality quarterback makes in the overall performance of a team.

The bottom line is Sanchez does not make the players around him better. In today's NFL, it's very difficult to build a consistently strong team around a quarterback who needs to be carried by superior players around him. It's a different league compared to even 5 years ago, and Sanchez is simply unacceptable.
    Name one offensive skill player besides Holmes that would start on any other team in the NFL.

Sanchez doesn't need to be carried by superior players, but actual NFL caliber starters would probably help...ya think?

The problem I have with most of the "Sanchez is crap" guys is that they don't acknowledge the fact that the Jets have zero NFL starting caliber offensive weapons. ZERO!!!

Brady would get his ass handed to him with these "weapons", but Sanchez should be able to will them to be better even though they don't have the talent.... Yeah OK

Your posts sure don't show it

he should be commended for dealing with the idiot fans. I can not believe as a fans base we has such ignorant and stupid fans. On another board Mangini for gm... Shall I continue it is not just this board but Jesus as a fans base when you goes post our collective intelligence goes down. Do you guys read what you post?

All Pro
    Name one offensive skill player besides Holmes that would start on any other team in the NFL.

Sanchez doesn't need to be carried by superior players, but actual NFL caliber starters would probably help...ya think?

The problem I have with most of the "Sanchez is crap" guys is that they don't acknowledge the fact that the Jets have zero NFL starting caliber offensive weapons. ZERO!!!

Brady would get his ass handed to him with these "weapons", but Sanchez should be able to will them to be better even though they don't have the talent.... Yeah OK
    J Kerley, S Hill.

Aside from him and Holmes, thats 3. Sanchez has never looked at more than 2 on a single play anyhow.

There are probably more threats on the team, but with Dogcrap launching balls at their feet, we may never find out.