Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez: The main reason we stink!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    J Kerley, S Hill.

Aside from him and Holmes, thats 3. Sanchez has never looked at more than 2 on a single play anyhow.

There are probably more threats on the team, but with Dogcrap launching balls at their feet, we may never find out.

I lol'd.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just call him Excusechez. There is a new one every year. Last year it was the offensive coordinator and this year it will be the receivers and a new system. I bet he is thinking in his room right now what the next years excuse will be so he can finagle a new contract. The kid is a bottom tier QB that needs a top 5 defense and running game too eek out enough wins to get into the wild card.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think the Jets WR corp is that bad even with Holmes out. they are the best but come on Kerly is a decent possesion Reciever Chaz Shiliens was a top level pick his problem was he is injury prone. Stephen Hill looked good his first week had tremendous upside. Kyle Gates might be a sleeper but who knows the way Sanchez overthrows his WRs we will never know. The Jets cant Run but that be do to the fact no one fears Sanchez burning them so they stack 8 in the box. I think if the Jets had a real QB a lot of this stuff would take care of itself.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    FYI - I am a 34 year old attorney. I have my own practice and passed the Bar exam on the 1st attempt.

I guess only "smart" people think SUCKchez is not the problem. If that is the case please by all means put me in the category of the "morons" who think he stinks.

I have watched him with good WR's Tone and Bray and I still thought he was horrendous. Personally, I am done with him and so are the Jets.
    Like I said he will be out of the NFL after next season.

His mechanics are just not adequate for an NFL QB. He has regressed from his first two seasons when he was clearly carried by the defense and great running game. At best his ceiling is maybe Kyle Orton but more likely he is Joey Harington.

He cannot process NFL defenses well enough to succeed at this level. He needs the receiver to be open rather then anticipating a few moves in advance like the good QB's do. That is his biggest problem and unfortunately after 4 seasons IMO it will not improve. and without QB anticipation he will be a back-up at best.
    In NY State just about 90%, yes 90%, not a misprint, pass the Bar Exam on the first try. Anyone can't believe that stat please Google it. This is information most people don't know. I guess that's why we have 2 Million Lawyers in our country.

I don't mean to disparage you, since there are brilliant people who are practicing attorneys, but please don't cite the Bar Exam as being proof of intelligence, there are many ambulance chasers that should never be lawyers until the Exam was obviously dumbed down.

As far as your argument regarding Sanchez, I agree, just another in a massive decades long line of USC bust QBs. So if JI posters know this Fact, how come the Jet FO didn't know when they picked the 1 year starter out of Bust U.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Ok when who exactly is our Cruz? How about our Bradshaw? Or maybe if he is healthy who is our Nicks? Just wondering?

Finally.... This team lacks talent all around. Anyone ever wonder why in 2009 & 2010 Greene was so good? Thomas Jones and LT were the #1 RBs. Sanchez had a deep threat in Edwards and a also good hands with Holmes. Plus let us not forget his safety net in Keller and a very good offensive line.

People need to stop comparing Sanchez to Brady. Brady is a hall of fame QB. Sanchez we can all agree on is not. But you have to look at the entire organization from top to bottom. Scouting, GMs, coaches, players etc.

It easy to say Sanchez sucks. He is in the spotlight. But if you hit Stephen Hill in the hands or the chest and he drops it he can help that. If he is moving the ball and then Tebow comes in and loses yards or even gains yards you are taking snaps and downs away from the starter.

This team came into the season very lean with talent and lost two of the biggest players.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    There are many reasons the jets are disappointing, Sanchez is a contributor - that is all.

Do you think that if Brady was the QB Monday for the jets they would be favored to beat the Texans?

The main reason the season is disappointing is the overall lack of talent on the team
    You know NOTHING about the Jets. Stick with your team and stop trying to contribute to a conversation when you are clearly talking through your a$$.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    In NY State just about 90%, yes 90%, not a misprint, pass the Bar Exam on the first try. Anyone can't believe that stat please Google it. This is information most people don't know. I guess that's why we have 2 Million Lawyers in our country.

I don't mean to disparage you, since there are brilliant people who are practicing attorneys, but please don't cite the Bar Exam as being proof of intelligence, there are many ambulance chasers that should never be lawyers until the Exam was obviously dumbed down.

As far as your argument regarding Sanchez, I agree, just another in a massive decades long line of USC bust QBs. So if JI posters know this Fact, how come the Jet FO didn't know when they picked the 1 year starter out of Bust U.
    DIng.

This was a HUGE gamble taking a QB with a single season experience.
    Also, USC was at its peak, and hitting on every single cylinder offensively, defensively, AND special teamsively.

Hard to evaluate a player on a start studded team with a single season to show.

Tannenfail.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    I dont think the Jets WR corp is that bad even with Holmes out. they are the best but come on Kerly is a decent possesion Reciever Chaz Shiliens was a top level pick his problem was he is injury prone. Stephen Hill looked good his first week had tremendous upside. Kyle Gates might be a sleeper but who knows the way Sanchez overthrows his WRs we will never know. The Jets cant Run but that be do to the fact no one fears Sanchez burning them so they stack 8 in the box. I think if the Jets had a real QB a lot of this stuff would take care of itself.
    Sanchez may suck, but the group of Schilens, Gates, Kerley and Cumberland could be the worst receiving group in the NFL right now. Name a worst group of receivers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I just googled it and it is NOT 90 percent. It is in the 80s.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree some lawyers are not that smart.. HOWEVER you are dead wrong. I googled it.

NEW YORK, May 2 (Reuters) - Of law school graduates who took the New York bar exam in February, 44 percent have cause for celebration.

Some 4,011 prospective lawyers sat for the two-day exam on Feb. 27-28, and of those, 1,749 passed, according to the New York State Board of Law Examiners. Reuters received the full list of those who passed from the board. Click here for the complete list.

This year's overall pass rate was down slightly from the 48 percent rate for the February 2011 test. A larger gap occurred among first-time test takers. This year, 69 percent of first-time hopefuls from American Bar Association accredited schools passed, compared with 76 percent in February 2011.

The number of law school graduates who take the exam each February is far smaller than those who sit for the test in July, since most law graduates take the test after spring graduation. Last July, 11,182 graduates sat for the exam and the overall pass rate, including first-time test takers and repeaters, was 69 percent.

The pass rates for February exams, when more repeaters take the exam, are historically lower than July. The chances of passing generally decline with each repeated attempt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is the absolute worst starting QB in the league. He will be out of the NFL in two years. He cannot read defenses. He has no feel for pressure, holds the ball too long, and is extremely inaccurate. Sanchez is absolutely atrocious. He has regressed form when he sucked in his first two years. He needs to be released after next season when the cap hit will be only 4 million.

We will not go into 2013 with Sanchez as the starter.
    He can eat hot-dogs on the sideline all season long.

Look at the giants for example... DO you really think Dominik Hixon and Ramses Barden are that good? Of course not Its the QB play that makes the Giants successful and as such its the QB play that makes the Jets unsuccessful...
    I completely agree. A little known thing many football fans should see. The QB has an enormous effect on the entire offense. When a truly good QB enters the game and starts leading the offense, the ENTIRE offense's play is elevated. It's like suddenly a bunch of also ran players are now world beaters. Truly good QB's have that kind of effect on the offense. When Sanchez is controlling the offense? Our entire offense looks like hot garbage.

That should tell anyone all they need to know about Sanchez. He sucks and he will never be a decent starting QB. The Jets offense would be better off with most ANYONE playing QB instead of Sanchez.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is the absolute worst starting QB in the league. He will be out of the NFL in two years. He cannot read defenses. He has no feel for pressure, holds the ball too long, and is extremely inaccurate. Sanchez is absolutely atrocious. He has regressed form when he sucked in his first two years. He needs to be released after next season when the cap hit will be only 4 million.

We will not go into 2013 with Sanchez as the starter.
    He can eat hot-dogs on the sideline all season long.

Look at the giants for example... DO you really think Dominik Hixon and Ramses Barden are that good? Of course not Its the QB play that makes the Giants successful and as such its the QB play that makes the Jets unsuccessful...
    I swear I am sick hearing this team sucks for many reasons. Not being able to stop the run or get off the field is another.

There have been a couple of games when Sanchez has given the team a lead and defense has failed throughout the years. So please stop pretending this failure of team is not a "hole" team effort.

And since you are so disappointed and know what exactly he can and can't do why don't you apply for the job next season.

No haters ever likes to admit at Sanchez has even do anything well

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

No huddle

Going no huddle is the only way this team will have any success on offense.

I was screaming for it in the 49ers game before it got out of hand.

Why Sparano doesn't run it is beyond me.

Sanchez is at his best in the hurry up.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I just googled it and it is NOT 90 percent. It is in the 80s.
    you must mean 44%

NEW YORK, May 2 (Reuters) - Of law school graduates who took the New York bar exam in February, 44 percent have cause for celebration.

Some 4,011 prospective lawyers sat for the two-day exam on Feb. 27-28, and of those, 1,749 passed, according to the New York State Board of Law Examiners. Reuters received the full list of those who passed from the board.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Some 4,011 prospective lawyers sat for the two-day exam on Feb. 27-28, and of those, 1,749 passed, according to the New York State Board of Law Examiners. Reuters received the full list of those who passed from the board. Click here for the complete list.

This year's overall pass rate was down slightly from the 48 percent rate for the February 2011 test. A larger gap occurred among first-time test takers. This year, 69 percent of first-time hopefuls from American Bar Association accredited schools passed, compared with 76 percent in February 2011.

The number of law school graduates who take the exam each February is far smaller than those who sit for the test in July, since most law graduates take the test after spring graduation. Last July, 11,182 graduates sat for the exam and the overall pass rate, including first-time test takers and repeaters, was 69 percent.

The pass rates for February exams, when more repeaters take the exam, are historically lower than July. The chances of passing generally decline with each repeated attempt.
    Whatever, I'm a visual effects supervisor ... Care to swap math skills?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Whatever, I'm a visual effects supervisor ... Care to swap math skills?
    LOL. He merely quoted an article.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    There are many reasons the jets are disappointing, Sanchez is a contributor - that is all.

Do you think that if Brady was the QB Monday for the jets they would be favored to beat the Texans?

The main reason the season is disappointing is the overall lack of talent on the team
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Going no huddle is the only way this team will have any success on offense.

I was screaming for it in the 49ers game before it got out of hand.

Why Sparano doesn't run it is beyond me.

Sanchez is at his best in the hurry up.
    Thank you Knute, we really needed your input. Sanchez is at his best SITTING ON THE BENCH. He sucks and if you put him in a hurry up offense he will surely kill the team with turnovers. You should stick with your obvious talent which is poisoning an otherwise good internet message board.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting debate, is it the lack of talent or the poor QB play? Today I would say we have the worst starter in the league at the most important position. With our roster, an AVG QB would struggle, but great QBs will win no matter what the roster. Can't run the ball consistently when the passing game cannot convert a first down or sustain drives because of inept QB play. We have had many 3rd and 3s 4s and 5s without any success for conversion whatsoever. Every QB gets pressured, and Sanchez has not been pressured consistently, and he has zero ability to create time. With the exception of last year with Hunter and Mulligan, his protection has been fine. He misses open receivers , cannot figure out when to throw the ball on timing routes, hence cannot throw receivers open. He never seems to recognize the matchup advantage.

So my vote is the teams worst problem right now is QB play, not the talent level. The Colts have pretty much the same roster with Peyton, without anyone, and now looking pretty good with a rising star at QB. Obviously the position is pretty important. Also why Pats fans are kidding themselves if they think they will be as good w/o Brady.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL. He merely quoted an article.
    I know ... I was responding to the entire stupid debate regarding intelligence being based on someone's ability to pass the BAR. It's not a badge of honor. I guess I over-reacted a touch!