Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sanchez: The main reason we stink!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    If the jets had a tom brady they would make the playoffs and win the division. you cant be serious? Sanchez is so bad. watch the games live and see for yourself. He cannot anticipate patterns at all like even average QB's can. 99% of the time WR's are made by the QB not the other way around.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not mean this as an insult but you fans calling for Sanchez's head know football? really know football to understand that he has no hlpe and some really poor play from the other play makers. It is a two way street and right now he gets little to no support from the other skill positions on this team? I mean how stupid do you have to be defend some of the drops that have happened and blame them on the qb?Poor route running not running for balls no running game? Shall I continue those post and the others calling for Tebow are an absolute joke not because you want change we all want to win but the means and reason why you call for it
    No matter who you put in with these receivers and running game is going to fail. Is Sanchez at fault yes but not to the degree in which you fools on here blame him for. Could he have playeed better yes he could but he is good enough with support (receivers and running game) to get you to the championship game he has already proved that. 2x
    No matter the argument it was because of the defense or running game or because god picked him he was part of that plain and simple

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    I do not mean this as an insult but you fans calling for Sanchez's head know football? really know football to understand that he has no hlpe and some really poor play from the other play makers. It is a two way street and right now he gets little to no support from the other skill positions on this team? I mean how stupid do you have to be defend some of the drops that have happened and blame them on the qb?Poor route running not running for balls no running game? Shall I continue those post and the others calling for Tebow are an absolute joke not because you want change we all want to win but the means and reason why you call for it
    No matter who you put in with these receivers and running game is going to fail. Is Sanchez at fault yes but not to the degree in which you fools on here blame him for. Could he have playeed better yes he could but he is good enough with support (receivers and running game) to get you to the championship game he has already proved that. 2x
    No matter the argument it was because of the defense or running game or because god picked him he was part of that plain and simple
    I tend to agree with you but some people may take your choice of words as an insult. Just saying.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I tend to agree with you but some people may take your choice of words as an insult. Just saying.
    Insults? *Jim Mora voice*

This is the Strip.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is one of the many reasons we stink..including Owner, GM, HC, RB, WRs, TEs, etc

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it's a chicken/egg argument. but watching the giants, eli hits wrs who really aren't open. he fits the ball into tight spots. sanchez can't. in the nfl you need to do this consistently. eli is just one example. with defenders bigger and faster every year, you're not going to have huge openings most of the time.

no, the jets don't have deep threats, esp. with all these injuries. but the damning thing with sanchez is that he can't thread the needle, so to speak. it all goes back to accuracy issues. when guys get open deep he usually misses them. and he's not the guy who hits wrs in stride either. if he needs elite talent a 3 wr positions and 2 te positions and 1 rb position to be successful, imagine what a good qb could do with that talent.
    Ummmm Eli wasn't hitting those "windows" you speak about very well for most of his NFL career when his completion percentage was CONSITENTLY under 60% but you knew that already right!!!!

Good Grief!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummmm Eli wasn't hitting those "windows" you speak about very well for most of his NFL career when his completion percentage was CONSITENTLY under 60% but you knew that already right!!!!

Good Grief!!!
    but his completion % rose steadily, so you could see the improvement. with sanchez, he's regressing.

good grief!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    There are many reasons the jets are disappointing, Sanchez is a contributor - that is all.

Do you think that if Brady was the QB Monday for the jets they would be favored to beat the Texans?

The main reason the season is disappointing is the overall lack of talent on the team
    Yes

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    but his completion % rose steadily, so you could see the improvement. with sanchez, he's regressing.

good grief!
    I am just having fun with you!! I like your posts

I think that the difference is Eli is actually throwing to quality WRs, who know their routes and catch the ball...

But no one should overlook what SMC posted above concerning Sanchez's horrific inability to connect with WRs when they are open as evidenced by Sanchez leading the NFL in off-target incompletions.

That is indefensiable and if Sanchez gets benched because of that he EARNED IT!!!!

It quite frankly is a disgrace......

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez can be a game manager but he is not a game changer. However, he has the ability to pull a game winning drive from his backside from time to time. Give this man a decent running game, a deep threat who can catch a pass and a possession receiver and then we'll have a discussion about him being the problem.

First and foremost the jets need to start by getting a new offensive line. Somebody has to start opening holes for the runners they have, and protecting the passer. Then we'll know if Sanchez is any good or not, if we care to wait that long.