Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Sanchez get benched tomorrow night?

Does Sanchez get benched tomorrow night?

Is this when it finally happens? We all know what has to happen here. It's been written on the wall for a long time now way back into last season.

If the Jets are getting their a$$es kicked tomorrow night (which is sure to happen given the way they are currently playing), does Sanchez get pulled for say Greg McElroy at the beginning of the 4th quarter?

There are a lot of things riding on this also. Rex Ryan cannot expect to keep his job if he refuses to bench Sanchez. So the time has arrived when Rex Ryan is going to have to show he has a backbone. He has to show he's willing to make some tough choices that violate his code of devotion and standing by his guys.

My feeling is that Sanchez should have been pulled long ago. He simply hasn't done enough to be called even a decent NFL QB. He's 2nd string at best.

Ryans job is safe for one more year, so I don't think that factors into the equation. I would say that if the Jets are way behind you might see Tebow or the Tide boy.

Veteran
    Rex: "Mark is our QB."
    Tanny: "Let's sign a DB."
    Media: "Tebow-Time!"
    Woody: "Vote Romney!"
    Jets-Fans: "Fire Tanny and Rex!"

Guess what?

Practice Squad
    We will have a new QB before the end of the game. No question

One can only hope that the sanchez era ends tomorrow night. he is putrid.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Is this when it finally happens? We all know what has to happen here. It's been written on the wall for a long time now way back into last season.

If the Jets are getting their a$$es kicked tomorrow night (which is sure to happen given the way they are currently playing), does Sanchez get pulled for say Greg McElroy at the beginning of the 4th quarter?

There are a lot of things riding on this also. Rex Ryan cannot expect to keep his job if he refuses to bench Sanchez. So the time has arrived when Rex Ryan is going to have to show he has a backbone. He has to show he's willing to make some tough choices that violate his code of devotion and standing by his guys.

My feeling is that Sanchez should have been pulled long ago. He simply hasn't done enough to be called even a decent NFL QB. He's 2nd string at best.
    Mark Sanchez will be benched simply because Tim Tebow might be able to win a game all by himself. Without any help Mark Sanchez is dead in the water.

Mark Sanchez is a top 10 quarterback in the NFL when he has some receiving weapons, a running game, and a dominant offensive line. Nothing happening this year is Mark Sanchez's fault. He has the worst offense to manage in the entire NFL. Aaron Rogers would be doing no better. Tim Tebow is made for a pathetic offense like this. That's why eventually he will get a start.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez will be benched simply because Tim Tebow might be able to win a game all by himself. Without any help Mark Sanchez is dead in the water.

Mark Sanchez is a top 10 quarterback in the NFL when he has some receiving weapons, a running game, and a dominant offensive line. Nothing happening this year is Mark Sanchez's fault. He has the worst offense to manage in the entire NFL. Aaron Rogers would be doing no better. Tim Tebow is made for a pathetic offense like this. That's why eventually he will get a start.

SAR I
    calling sanchez a top ten qb is laughable. u cant be serious? he is terrible. i guess if he had andre johnson and calvin johnson as WR's and adrian peterson or marshawn lynch as RB and 5 all pro O-lineman, and the #1 defense he would be good.

All Pro
    Mark Sanchez is a top 10 quarterback in the NFL
    SAR I
    and this is where I stopped reading. It's funny because I used to believe he could develop into one. Sanchez never had it in him and Rex/Schotty ruined whatever ability he had.....

Mark Sanchez is a top 10 quarterback in the NFL when he has some receiving weapons, a running game, and a dominant offensive line.

SAR I
    This can be said about a whole lot of QBs, most of them even.

But this is a Mark Sanchez certainty: if his offense is giving a subpar effort he has no game to elevate to turn things around.

His #1 attribute is he doesn't get hurt.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    This can be said about a whole lot of QBs, most of them even.

But this is a Mark Sanchez certainty: if his offense is giving a subpar effort he has no game to elevate to turn things around.

His #1 attribute is he doesn't get hurt.
    WORD

Jets Insider VIP
    No

But he'll lose the starting job to Tebow going into Indianapolis.

Undrafted Free Agent

SAR I
    SAR are you saying that Sanchez needs HOF / ALL PRO talent around him in every possible position to be a top 10 QB?

Or are you saying that he is a possible top 10 QB that doesnít have the weapons to reach his potential?

If itís the later you and I are in rare disagreement.

I agree that the team (TANNY) did NOTHING to help him this year but he is truly going backwards in a hurry.

He hasnít learned yet that you donít pass the ball to defensive linemen during a screen play??

Impossible to watch him play. Impossible

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by GangGreenAFFLICTION View Post
    SAR are you saying that Sanchez needs HOF / ALL PRO talent around him in every possible position to be a top 10 QB?

Or are you saying that he is a possible top 10 QB that doesnít have the weapons to reach his potential?

If itís the later you and I are in rare disagreement.

I agree that the team (TANNY) did NOTHING to help him this year but he is truly going backwards in a hurry.

He hasnít learned yet that you donít pass the ball to defensive linemen during a screen play??

Impossible to watch him play. Impossible
    What we are witnessing today is a fourth-year quarterback who has seen less and less support from his franchise as the years go by when it should be the opposite.

The Jets simply had better offensive talent in 2009 and 2010 then they did in 2011 and certainly in 2012. And by failing to support Mark Sanchez, the Jets have ruined him. No, not permanently, but in the short-term Mark Sanchez doesn't know what to do or who throw to.

We have the worst group of offensive talent around a quarterback of any team in the NFL. The offensive line can't block, the running back can't run, the receivers can't run routes, the tight end has disappeared. Mark spends half the game on his back, recovering from a brutal hit.

You may be right, you may be wrong. Mark Sanchez may be the worst quarterback in the NFL, Mark Sanchez may be the best quarterback in the NFL. We simply can't judge because of how bad everyone else is.

Here's what we do know: Mark Sanchez played extremely well in the postseason in his first two years in the NFL. He amassed four wins, all on the road, against superior competition. In 2009 and 2010, Mark Sanchez won no less than six games with miracle fourth-quarter comebacks under immense pressure. That's one hell of a try-out, one hell of a resume saying he's got the ability and got no support.

SAR I

\ Mark Sanchez may be the worst quarterback in the NFL, Mark Sanchez may be the best quarterback in the NFL. We simply can't judge because of how bad everyone else is.
    Mark is unquestionably not the best QB in the league. His mopy demeanor under stress proves this. He needs the perfect team in the perfect situation in order to shine. You know what ? Put me on a team stocked with All Pro talent on offense and you know what ... my completion percentage would probably be over 50%.

He is horrible when facing adversity. And that my friend ... is when you need a great QB.

What we are witnessing today is a fourth-year quarterback who has seen less and less support from his franchise as the years go by when it should be the opposite.

The Jets simply had better offensive talent in 2009 and 2010 then they did in 2011 and certainly in 2012. And by failing to support Mark Sanchez, the Jets have ruined him. No, not permanently, but in the short-term Mark Sanchez doesn't know what to do or who throw to.

We have the worst group of offensive talent around a quarterback of any team in the NFL. The offensive line can't block, the running back can't run, the receivers can't run routes, the tight end has disappeared. Mark spends half the game on his back, recovering from a brutal hit.

You may be right, you may be wrong. Mark Sanchez may be the worst quarterback in the NFL, Mark Sanchez may be the best quarterback in the NFL. We simply can't judge because of how bad everyone else is.

Here's what we do know: Mark Sanchez played extremely well in the postseason in his first two years in the NFL. He amassed four wins, all on the road, against superior competition. In 2009 and 2010, Mark Sanchez won no less than six games with miracle fourth-quarter comebacks under immense pressure. That's one hell of a try-out, one hell of a resume saying he's got the ability and got no support.

SAR I
    the jets have no commitment to offense. that's the most suprising thing about woody. for an owner who's always seeking the spotlight, he's empowered his henchmen to build a team that, even when it wins, is among the least exciting in the nfl. you'd think it would be just the opposite with him, that he'd demand a fast, high octane offense that can score. that would sell more psls than rex's mouth.

no matter. this regime is about to implode, we all know the pattern. we'll get new sheriffs and hopefully, a commitment to build an offense whose mission is to score touchdowns, and not merely to control clock and grind out yards.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the jets have no commitment to offense. that's the most suprising thing about woody. for an owner who's always seeking the spotlight, he's empowered his henchmen to build a team that, even when it wins, is among the least exciting in the nfl. you'd think it would be just the opposite with him, that he'd demand a fast, high octane offense that can score. that would sell more psls than rex's mouth.

no matter. this regime is about to implode, we all know the pattern. we'll get new sheriffs and hopefully, a commitment to build an offense whose mission is to score touchdowns, and not merely to control clock and grind out yards.
    Not only have they not bolstered the Offense ... they have done what I would call an average to sub par job on the defensive side with our draft picks. Our vaunted D scares NO ONE !!!!

Yes. We will overreact, then Tebow will come in and beat the mighty manning less colts and be declared a savior

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Not only have they not bolstered the Offense ... they have done what I would call an average to sub par job on the defensive side with our draft picks. Our vaunted D scares NO ONE !!!!
    i don't necessarily agree. i'd like to see coples and davis with different defensive coaching. i think rex's schemes aren't working. plus ellis, he looks good too.

just like how we all thought powell sucked last year, now we see he's averaging twice the ypc as greene. and mcknight continues to sit. it's hard to evaluate players when they ride pine, and the starters stink. it's like what SAR was saying. maybe they suck, maybe not, but it's a travesty to not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No

But he'll lose the starting job to Tebow going into Indianapolis.
    Which is sad because the comparison of one playing the top NFL team vs the other playing one of the worst will not be mentioned. Only the scoring.

I say start Teblow tomorrow and let's see how friggin' wonderful he is.

And watching Eli today: Yes, he is accurate as hell BUT, he's thrown his share of bad passes for which the WRs jump 5 feet in the air and catch, we don't have WRs that do that.