Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Sanchez get benched tomorrow night?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers1 View Post
    If Sanchez gets benched, I hope it's not for tebow.
    Better to what we have in McElroy.
    AGREED. This Tebow crap is just another Tanny f*ck up. I like Tebow as a player being used in the correct role. Tebow's correct is not as a QB. The Jets would find their best use for him is as a FB or TE and wildcat QB, NOT as a QB.

I also very much hope they choose to use McElroy as the starter so they can see what the kid has.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not chance in hell!!!
    Even if he throw 6 int's and 2 of them are pick 6's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Nonsense. Back in 2009 and 2010 the players still actually believed in Mark Sanchez. They do not now. They haven't in a long time now.
    Too bad Sanchez doesn't get to prove his worth and manhood by sitting in a tree and blasting some dumb player's brains out from a couple hundred yards away while he takes a drink of gatoraid.

Go shoot something, preferably yourself. Your sig pictures suck and I'm tired of scrolling past them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    give deer guns and half the hunters out there wouldnt be alive.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Too bad Sanchez doesn't get to prove his worth and manhood by sitting in a tree and blasting some dumb player's brains out from a couple hundred yards away while he takes a drink of gatoraid.

Go shoot something, preferably yourself. Your sig pictures suck and I'm tired of scrolling past them.
    GFY and leave this thread is that's the way you truly feel about it. I mean after all, WTF asked you to scroll past my sig you dumb a$$?!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple hundred yards?! I think you're giving him too much credit.

Plus, I think you can turn sigs and avatars off on the options.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    GFY and leave this thread is that's the way you truly feel about it. I mean after all, WTF asked you to scroll past my sig you dumb a$$?!
    Ok, I was out of line and apologize. Just tired of the constant negativity here and you caught the brunt of it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this when it finally happens? We all know what has to happen here. It's been written on the wall for a long time now way back into last season.

If the Jets are getting their a$$es kicked tomorrow night (which is sure to happen given the way they are currently playing), does Sanchez get pulled for say Greg McElroy at the beginning of the 4th quarter?

There are a lot of things riding on this also. Rex Ryan cannot expect to keep his job if he refuses to bench Sanchez. So the time has arrived when Rex Ryan is going to have to show he has a backbone. He has to show he's willing to make some tough choices that violate his code of devotion and standing by his guys.

My feeling is that Sanchez should have been pulled long ago. He simply hasn't done enough to be called even a decent NFL QB. He's 2nd string at best.
    I agree with much of what you said.

Going back to last season, the Jets are 2 and 5 with Mark Sanchez at QB. His quarterback passer ratings during that time have been terrible:
    67.8, 54.2, 65.5, 123.4, 66.6, 58.2, 39.9

Last weekend against the 49ers, from the moment he stepped out onto the field he looked like a guy that didn't want to be there. He and the team looked defeated before the game even started.

So will Rex Ryan make the tough call and bench him if he struggles Monday night? Probably not. He should though. It would be the humane thing to do. Otherwise it might end up being that Mark benches himself.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What we are witnessing today is a fourth-year quarterback who has seen less and less support from his franchise as the years go by when it should be the opposite.

The Jets simply had better offensive talent in 2009 and 2010 then they did in 2011 and certainly in 2012. And by failing to support Mark Sanchez, the Jets have ruined him. No, not permanently, but in the short-term Mark Sanchez doesn't know what to do or who throw to.

We have the worst group of offensive talent around a quarterback of any team in the NFL. The offensive line can't block, the running back can't run, the receivers can't run routes, the tight end has disappeared. Mark spends half the game on his back, recovering from a brutal hit.

You may be right, you may be wrong. Mark Sanchez may be the worst quarterback in the NFL, Mark Sanchez may be the best quarterback in the NFL. We simply can't judge because of how bad everyone else is.

Here's what we do know: Mark Sanchez played extremely well in the postseason in his first two years in the NFL. He amassed four wins, all on the road, against superior competition. In 2009 and 2010, Mark Sanchez won no less than six games with miracle fourth-quarter comebacks under immense pressure. That's one hell of a try-out, one hell of a resume saying he's got the ability and got no support.

SAR I
    +1,000,000

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I'm gonna say is that if they bench Sanchez and put in Tebow, they better pray they are making the right decision. Because if they do, there might be no turning back.

There's a small chance it could be a good thing for Sanchez, but it could also end his career (or at least his time with the Jets).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The Colts will beat us by 2 tds. Have you watched andrew luck yet? Your in a slump again sar. Ur not getting it.
    You'd better hope it was a fluke "win it for the Gipper" situation today in Indianapolis or we're in serious trouble.

If the Colts aren't one of our 5 wins, we're going 4-12.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    And will we have a NEW rookie HC? Either that or a coach with little background to stand up to Woody.
    Ah, but we have an ace in the hole on that one.

Those 27,000 upper deck seats without PSL's on them hang around Mr. Johnson's neck like a noose. It's our insurance policy that he's going to continue to stop at nothing to fill the stadium.

Brett Favre, Rex Ryan, Santonio Holmes, Ladanian Tomlinson, Jason Taylor, Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow. If we know one thing about Woody, the man loves himself a back-page splash.

He'll take a page out of the Leon Hess playbook, open the bank for an experienced head coach and let him cook the meals and shop for the groceries. Just you watch.

So long as we're not stupid and get rid of Mark Sanchez, we'll survive the Rex Ryan Error in decent shape.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    All I'm gonna say is that if they bench Sanchez and put in Tebow, they better pray they are making the right decision. Because if they do, there might be no turning back.

There's a small chance it could be a good thing for Sanchez, but it could also end his career (or at least his time with the Jets).
    I have never understood this thought. If you put Tebow in and his play is so outstanding that you cannot return Mark to the starting QB position, isn't this a good thing??? Doesn't it mean that you made the correct decision ? Who cares if Mark never gets another snap if Tebow keeps the team winning ????

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I have never understood this thought. If you put Tebow in and his play is so outstanding that you cannot return Mark to the starting QB position, isn't this a good thing??? Doesn't it mean that you made the correct decision ? Who cares if Mark never gets another snap if Tebow keeps the team winning ????
    If they put Tebow in there's no going back to Sanchez no matter how poorly Tebow plays. Make no mistake, Tebow sucked last year. He was awful. He averaged 16 points of offense per game. DEN's defense played lights oout football and they got a couple games handed to them. But honestly it's irrelevant. I'm hoping if we get blasted by HOU that they do put Tebow in. Reality will set in, he will not win games like he did last year forever and then we will be able to rid ourselves of this debacle.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    If Tebow takes over and has them winning then they can say it was the right decision. However if he fails, then you have to sit back and wonder if you made the right decision. But at that point, it could be too late. We might not be able to go back to Sanchez.

I see might, because there is a chance they could go back to Sanchez and have things work out. Look at Kevin Kolb. Arizona traded for him and gave him a nice contract because they thought he could be the guy. And it initially turned out to be a failure. Kolb was really bad. So bad that they opted to bench him and have John Skelton take over. Then Skelton got injured a couple weeks ago, They put in Kolb, and he's been lighting it up ever since.

There's a chance that could happen to Sanchez. Not counting on it, but it's possible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Tebow takes over and has them winning then they can say it was the right decision. However if he fails, then you have to sit back and wonder if you made the right decision. But at that point, it could be too late. We might not be able to go back to Sanchez.

I see might, because there is a chance they could go back to Sanchez and have things work out. Look at Kevin Kolb. Arizona traded for him and gave him a nice contract because they thought he could be the guy. And it initially turned out to be a failure. Kolb was really bad. So bad that they opted to bench him and have John Skelton take over. Then Skelton got injured a couple weeks ago, They put in Kolb, and he's been lighting it up ever since.

There's a chance that could happen to Sanchez. Not counting on it, but it's possible.
    Except for last week, which Kolb pretty much derped the whole game. Don't rest your laurels on an argument counting on Kolb. Besides the injury factor with him there's plenty of football remaining for him to go back to his usual sucky ways. AZ is one of those teams I could see dropping off real hard, real fast. I don't buy them at all just like I didn't buy BUF's fast start last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If worms had .45's, birds wouldn't f\/ck with them as we used to say in the Corps...

Truth is.. start with Sanchez Monday and teblow against indy,teblow will be our next QB. As I've said over and over, let's flip it. Start teblow tomorrow and let Sanchez pick up the pieces in Indy. And if he screws up Indy, then we'll all be happy to see McElroy up next.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL @ McElroy. He's nothing but a game manager. He'd be absolutely terrible on this team as the starting QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I was out of line and apologize. Just tired of the constant negativity here and you caught the brunt of it.
    Apology accepted

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if Sanchez gets benched on MNF or thereafter, but if he does, it's 100% his fault and he only has himself to blame. Look at his putrid numbers, nearly last in comp. percentage, QB rating, and yards per attempt. Those are on him.

You can't blame crappy receivers on a 49% compl. percentage when he leads the NFL in off-target incompletions at 35, those are passes that have no chance of being completed even with good receivers.

You simply can't blame the receivers for Sanchez playing like the worst QB in the NFL.

If Sanchez doesn't want to get benched then he better play better and the easiest way to do that is make better throws.