Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Does Sanchez get benched tomorrow night?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    All I'm gonna say is that if they bench Sanchez and put in Tebow, they better pray they are making the right decision. Because if they do, there might be no turning back.

There's a small chance it could be a good thing for Sanchez, but it could also end his career (or at least his time with the Jets).
    This 100%

Ummm based on making Sanchez captin, picking up Mason, sticking with Hunter to long etc.

What in the world makes anyone think that they would make the correct decsion in this area?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Is this when it finally happens? We all know what has to happen here. It's been written on the wall for a long time now way back into last season.

If the Jets are getting their a$$es kicked tomorrow night (which is sure to happen given the way they are currently playing), does Sanchez get pulled for say Greg McElroy at the beginning of the 4th quarter?

There are a lot of things riding on this also. Rex Ryan cannot expect to keep his job if he refuses to bench Sanchez. So the time has arrived when Rex Ryan is going to have to show he has a backbone. He has to show he's willing to make some tough choices that violate his code of devotion and standing by his guys.

My feeling is that Sanchez should have been pulled long ago. He simply hasn't done enough to be called even a decent NFL QB. He's 2nd string at best.
    This front office doesn't have the balls to bench Sanchez. Or Greene, or anyone else for that matter.

Veteran
    Sanchez will get a pass this game, but we will see more Tebow. If Sanchez blows it against Indy then we might see a change at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    All I'm gonna say is that if they bench Sanchez and put in Tebow, they better pray they are making the right decision. Because if they do, there might be no turning back.

There's a small chance it could be a good thing for Sanchez, but it could also end his career (or at least his time with the Jets).
    What you're forgetting is that Sanchez has NEVER been benched, NEVER. You're trying to tell me he didn't need to get benched at least for the remainder of many blowout we've had since Sanchez became the QB?

That is Rex Ryan's fault, but he MUST do it now. His job is at stake. He must put his foot down with this team and start making the team better. That starts by not being so faithful to guys that do not deserve it. Sanchez has never played well enough to deserve Rex's loyalty.

The time is now. It doesn't matter what comes of Sanchez, the point is he ISN'T cutting it.

This all comes down to management. The players are just not that good. Actually they are horrible. Dont know if Sanchez is outright horrible but he for sure has the worst set of skill players the NFL has maybe ever seen. Management needs to go and thats 100% sure.

What you're forgetting is that Sanchez has NEVER been benched, NEVER. You're trying to tell me he didn't need to get benched at least for the remainder of many blowout we've had since Sanchez became the QB?

That is Rex Ryan's fault, but he MUST do it now. His job is at stake. He must put his foot down with this team and start making the team better. That starts by not being so faithful to guys that do not deserve it. Sanchez has never played well enough to deserve Rex's loyalty.

The time is now. It doesn't matter what comes of Sanchez, the point is he ISN'T cutting it.
    and what if he does cut it tonight?

what if instead of putting his foot down and begin to make the team better himself, the team begins to play better themselves.

it doesn't begin intangibles like faithfulness and loyalty, it begins with executing and not making mistakes.

but if you want to discuss intangibles, four road playoff wins in two years certainly earns loyalty in my book.

Sanchez will put up a solid performance tonight. Book it.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What we are witnessing today is a fourth-year quarterback who has seen less and less support from his franchise as the years go by when it should be the opposite.

The Jets simply had better offensive talent in 2009 and 2010 then they did in 2011 and certainly in 2012. And by failing to support Mark Sanchez, the Jets have ruined him. No, not permanently, but in the short-term Mark Sanchez doesn't know what to do or who throw to.

We have the worst group of offensive talent around a quarterback of any team in the NFL. The offensive line can't block, the running back can't run, the receivers can't run routes, the tight end has disappeared. Mark spends half the game on his back, recovering from a brutal hit.

You may be right, you may be wrong. Mark Sanchez may be the worst quarterback in the NFL, Mark Sanchez may be the best quarterback in the NFL. We simply can't judge because of how bad everyone else is.

Here's what we do know: Mark Sanchez played extremely well in the postseason in his first two years in the NFL. He amassed four wins, all on the road, against superior competition. In 2009 and 2010, Mark Sanchez won no less than six games with miracle fourth-quarter comebacks under immense pressure. That's one hell of a try-out, one hell of a resume saying he's got the ability and got no support.

SAR I

Agree 100%. This dummy Rex Ryan decided to draft a QB high in the draft and then not do anything at all to help him get better. Instead focus on a defense that at its best was good and right about now sucks balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post

what if instead of putting his foot down and begin to make the team better himself, the team begins to play better themselves.

it doesn't begin intangibles like faithfulness and loyalty, it begins with executing and not making mistakes.

but if you want to discuss intangibles, four road playoff wins in two years certainly earns loyalty in my book.

I am loyal to Sanchez 100% but honestly he is throwing to guys who really should not be seeing the field in an NFL game.

Then we stay with the hot hand and Sanchez gets a stay of exceution for just one more game. Look, the team has tolerated his sh*t play for far too long. It's time to put his head on the chopping block, hold the axe up in the air, then give Sanchez ONE more shot. If he plays well, we CONTINUE to hold that axe ready to cut his head off, we just don't swing the axe. Because if threatening him happens to work, then I am all for it. Because the simple fact is NOTHING else has ever worked.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    I am loyal to Sanchez 100% but honestly he is throwing to guys who really should not be seeing the field in an NFL game.
    He's had a plethora of great receivers since being selected by the Jets. He did NOTHING with those big time, established, veteran WR's and he isn't doing anything with the no names. Either way what is the one similarity? Sanchez can't play with ANY of them. That's on Sanchez.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

After we lose this game Rex will claim that he did not bench Sanchez. He was just giving his 2 quarterback system a tryout.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    This front office doesn't have the balls to bench Sanchez. Or Greene, or anyone else for that matter.
    They already DID bench Greene. He didn't start last weekend, Powell did. So I am really not sure about the point you are trying to make?

All Pro
    They already DID bench Greene. He didn't start last weekend, Powell did. So I am really not sure about the point you are trying to make?
    No. I don't mean some Cinderella "ceremonious" benching Where Powell gets the first 2 carries but then it goes back to even steven.

I'm talking about - "...Hey Shonn. You're FCKING OUT, son. Hit the pine."

0 carries. none. Good bye. You're not part of the gameplan.

Fcking benched.

He's had a plethora of great receivers since being selected by the Jets. He did NOTHING with those big time, established, veteran WR's and he isn't doing anything with the no names. Either way what is the one similarity? Sanchez can't play with ANY of them. That's on Sanchez.
    Except win 4 playoff games on the road right? Yeah he really did nothing with those playmakers

And braylon edwards, Holmes and cotchery is hardly a 'plethora' of great receivers

T minus 10 minutes till Tebow Time

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Except win 4 playoff games on the road right? Yeah he really did nothing with those playmakers

And braylon edwards, Holmes and cotchery is hardly a 'plethora' of great receivers
    As has already been mentioned many times over, Sanchez was merely "along for the ride" in those playoff wins. The ONLY win I would give him credit for was the Patsy win, other than that? The Jets won in spite of Sanchez.

And you also conveniently forgot Plaxico Burress in that "plethora". You forgot to mention that Burress isn't back because Sanchez couldn't create chemistry with a massive target like Burress.

Do you still want to stand by this statement? He's currently something like 8/18 with several missed receivers that were perfectly open.

Jets Insider VIP
    As has already been mentioned many times over, Sanchez was merely "along for the ride" in those playoff wins. The ONLY win I would give him credit for was the Patsy win, other than that? The Jets won in spite of Sanchez.

And you also conveniently forgot Plaxico Burress in that "plethora". You forgot to mention that Burress isn't back because Sanchez couldn't create chemistry with a massive target like Burress.
    Burress couldn't create chemistry with anything but his sofa this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Burress couldn't create chemistry with anything but his sofa this year.
    Well, we're not talking about this year, now are we?

Well, I guess Sanchez has earned a stay of execution for one more week. He played like sh*t IMO, but not bad enough to make a QB change necessary.