Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Sanchez get benched tomorrow night?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez will be benched simply because Tim Tebow might be able to win a game all by himself. Without any help Mark Sanchez is dead in the water.

Mark Sanchez is a top 10 quarterback in the NFL when he has some receiving weapons, a running game, and a dominant offensive line. Nothing happening this year is Mark Sanchez's fault. He has the worst offense to manage in the entire NFL. Aaron Rogers would be doing no better. Tim Tebow is made for a pathetic offense like this. That's why eventually he will get a start.

SAR I
    You and Joe W Namath bring the truth. Often.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coples, Ellis look good? Based on what? The fact that they haven't hurt us? How many sacks, forced fumbles or big plays have they made?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Is this when it finally happens? We all know what has to happen here. It's been written on the wall for a long time now way back into last season.

If the Jets are getting their a$$es kicked tomorrow night (which is sure to happen given the way they are currently playing), does Sanchez get pulled for say Greg McElroy at the beginning of the 4th quarter?
    If Sanchez does get pulled they'd insert Tebow, I'm guessing that Rex doesn't want to shake the confidence of his #1 and #2 QB for McElroy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You cant listen to SAR when he evaluates a qb. He thought Matt Lienart was going to be a star in this league.

When SAR says mark it is top 10 qb, it means the exact opposite. Thats how bad sar is at evaluating qb.

Sanchez stinks, will be replaced with tebow at halftime of mondays game and his career as a new york jets will be over.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    McElroy hasn't even been dressing this season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't see it happening...

I don think it will happen for one reason, once they how down that path there is no turnin back. I think that is the only reason they didn't put TT in for garbage time during last weeks blow out. They know they can go back and forth and, with the media hysteria that would ensue, the more Sanchez struggles the less we see of TT. I don't think teabow is the answer and i get the sense that neither does the front office. When this change happens - and I think it will at the bye - it will be about acknowledging Sanchez is not the answer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's highly unlikely he gets benched any time soon.

Mainly because both Rex and Tanny know their jobs are attached to Sanchez. If the Jets move on from Sanchez we're going to see a new GM and the new GM will get to pick his coach and QB..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Umm, no, you don't bench your QB when he's helping you destroy the "mighty" Texans. I guarantee people will be much higher on Sanchez on Tuesday... except for the losers who'll say he had a lucky game.

Jets 42, Texans 14. Sanchez 3 TD, 1 INT, 320 yards.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Umm, no, you don't bench your QB when he's helping you destroy the "mighty" Texans. I guarantee people will be much higher on Sanchez on Tuesday... except for the losers who'll say he had a lucky game.

Jets 42, Texans 14. Sanchez 3 TD, 1 INT, 320 yards.
    pffffft

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What we are witnessing today is a fourth-year quarterback who has seen less and less support from his franchise as the years go by when it should be the opposite.

The Jets simply had better offensive talent in 2009 and 2010 then they did in 2011 and certainly in 2012. And by failing to support Mark Sanchez, the Jets have ruined him. No, not permanently, but in the short-term Mark Sanchez doesn't know what to do or who throw to.

We have the worst group of offensive talent around a quarterback of any team in the NFL. The offensive line can't block, the running back can't run, the receivers can't run routes, the tight end has disappeared. Mark spends half the game on his back, recovering from a brutal hit.

You may be right, you may be wrong. Mark Sanchez may be the worst quarterback in the NFL, Mark Sanchez may be the best quarterback in the NFL. We simply can't judge because of how bad everyone else is.

Here's what we do know: Mark Sanchez played extremely well in the postseason in his first two years in the NFL. He amassed four wins, all on the road, against superior competition. In 2009 and 2010, Mark Sanchez won no less than six games with miracle fourth-quarter comebacks under immense pressure. That's one hell of a try-out, one hell of a resume saying he's got the ability and got no support.

SAR I
    This is why I know he has it in him and we are ruining him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe he loses his job tomorrow.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    You cant listen to SAR when he evaluates a qb. He thought Matt Lienart was going to be a star in this league.

When SAR says mark it is top 10 qb, it means the exact opposite. Thats how bad sar is at evaluating qb.

Sanchez stinks, will be replaced with tebow at halftime of mondays game and his career as a new york jets will be over.
    I never saw Matt Leinart play a down of college football.

Mark Sanchez is being ruined by an inept coaching staff and a lack of playmakers.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never saw Matt Leinart play a down of college football.

Mark Sanchez is being ruined by an inept coaching staff and a lack of playmakers.

SAR I
    SAR was talking about his hot tub skills.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You mean he's been coming to practice in his pajamas?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez will be benched simply because Tim Tebow might be able to win a game all by himself. Without any help Mark Sanchez is dead in the water.

Mark Sanchez is a top 10 quarterback in the NFL when he has some receiving weapons, a running game, and a dominant offensive line. Nothing happening this year is Mark Sanchez's fault. He has the worst offense to manage in the entire NFL. Aaron Rogers would be doing no better. Tim Tebow is made for a pathetic offense like this. That's why eventually he will get a start.

SAR I
    I do believe this is one of the first times you and I have been on the same page...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope weeden and cousins look better than him

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JokelahomaJetsFan View Post
    I do believe this is one of the first times you and I have been on the same page...
    Is that cause for a celebration or should we go lock ourselves in the cellar 'cause Armageddon had arrived?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What we are witnessing today is a fourth-year quarterback who has seen less and less support from his franchise as the years go by when it should be the opposite.

The Jets simply had better offensive talent in 2009 and 2010 then they did in 2011 and certainly in 2012. And by failing to support Mark Sanchez, the Jets have ruined him. No, not permanently, but in the short-term Mark Sanchez doesn't know what to do or who throw to.

We have the worst group of offensive talent around a quarterback of any team in the NFL. The offensive line can't block, the running back can't run, the receivers can't run routes, the tight end has disappeared. Mark spends half the game on his back, recovering from a brutal hit.

You may be right, you may be wrong. Mark Sanchez may be the worst quarterback in the NFL, Mark Sanchez may be the best quarterback in the NFL. We simply can't judge because of how bad everyone else is.

Here's what we do know: Mark Sanchez played extremely well in the postseason in his first two years in the NFL. He amassed four wins, all on the road, against superior competition. In 2009 and 2010, Mark Sanchez won no less than six games with miracle fourth-quarter comebacks under immense pressure. That's one hell of a try-out, one hell of a resume saying he's got the ability and got no support.

SAR I
    No, SAR that's what you think you know. It certainly isn't what everyone knows.

What everyone else knows is that Mark Sanchez was along for the ride in all of those playoff wins. The Jets could have had the worst QB in the NFL and they still would have won those games.

They also know that the Jets QB has amassed 51 regular season starts and his numbers are horrid. You cannot blame all of that on the surrounding cast. The fact is, everyone knows that Sanchez does not and will never elevate the level of play of the rest of the team when he is the QB. The rest of the team simply does not have that kind of confidence in him. Those are the facts.

Now, if you want to cry about the supporting cast all you'd be doing is trying to prove yourself right about your ridiculous beliefs about Rex Ryan. But you won't ever prove yourself right. You can believe it all you want but it certainly doesn't make it right.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He's going to need to start

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does Sanchez lose his job? This is like asking if Pinocchio has a wooden penis? Couldn't we have a more meaningful conversation like, "do you think Keller will play this year"?