Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Sanchez get benched tomorrow night?

Jets Insider VIP
    I hope he does. Maybe then people will realize there are only about 4 or so QBs in this league capable of polishing a turd such as the NY Jets offense, and none of them are on the roster.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I hope he does. Maybe then people will realize there are only about 4 or so QBs in this league capable of polishing a turd such as the NY Jets offense, and none of them are on the roster.
    Im just asking he doesnt single handedly turn the ball over 2+ times a game, and stops throwing passes off of linemans helmets.

Baby steps, he only had 1 year in college.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What we are witnessing today is a fourth-year quarterback who has seen less and less support from his franchise as the years go by when it should be the opposite.

The Jets simply had better offensive talent in 2009 and 2010 then they did in 2011 and certainly in 2012. And by failing to support Mark Sanchez, the Jets have ruined him. No, not permanently, but in the short-term Mark Sanchez doesn't know what to do or who throw to.

We have the worst group of offensive talent around a quarterback of any team in the NFL. The offensive line can't block, the running back can't run, the receivers can't run routes, the tight end has disappeared. Mark spends half the game on his back, recovering from a brutal hit.

You may be right, you may be wrong. Mark Sanchez may be the worst quarterback in the NFL, Mark Sanchez may be the best quarterback in the NFL. We simply can't judge because of how bad everyone else is.

Here's what we do know: Mark Sanchez played extremely well in the postseason in his first two years in the NFL. He amassed four wins, all on the road, against superior competition. In 2009 and 2010, Mark Sanchez won no less than six games with miracle fourth-quarter comebacks under immense pressure. That's one hell of a try-out, one hell of a resume saying he's got the ability and got no support.

SAR I
    OH! stop it already you know Sanchez dosen't know how to play jets football his days as a jet QB are numbered, starting monday night.

Mark Sanchez will be benched simply because Tim Tebow might be able to win a game all by himself. Without any help Mark Sanchez is dead in the water.

Mark Sanchez is a top 10 quarterback in the NFL when he has some receiving weapons, a running game, and a dominant offensive line. Nothing happening this year is Mark Sanchez's fault. He has the worst offense to manage in the entire NFL. Aaron Rogers would be doing no better. Tim Tebow is made for a pathetic offense like this. That's why eventually he will get a start.

SAR I
    I don't know if he is top 10. I do however agree with eveything else you said. People who think if we replace Sanchez with Tebow or McElroy for that matter we will start to win are very wrong. The deep rooted problems this offense has are about as much Mark Sanchez's fault as they are mine or yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I don't know if he is top 10. I do however agree with eveything else you said. People who think if we replace Sanchez with Tebow or McElroy for that matter we will start to win are very wrong. The deep rooted problems this offense has are about as much Mark Sanchez's fault as they are mine or yours.
    This...

Spot on! Sadly it starts with our owner who continues to meddle in football matters.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    OH! stop it already you know Sanchez dosen't know how to play jets football his days as a jet QB are numbered, starting monday night.
    Nope. You couldn't be more wrong. Here's how it's going to play out:

Jets lose the Texans game, badly.

Tebow announced as the starter for the Colts layup.

Tebow wins.

Jets go on 5 game losing streak.

Jets end the season 5-11.

Tannenbaum fired.

Ryan fired.

Tebow released.

Sanchez the starter, opening day, 2013.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame

Tebow wins.

Tannenbaum fired.

Ryan fired.

Tebow released.

SAR I
    All for one, one for all. All three need to go. Only thing that may save Sanchez is his contract for next year. All the more reason to fire Tanny.

Jets Insider VIP

Tebow wins.

Tannenbaum fired.

Ryan fired.

Tebow released.

SAR I
    And will we have a NEW rookie HC? Either that or a coach with little background to stand up to Woody.

sanchez benched on national tv is the only way. let him talk out the side of his mouth. see yaaaaaaaaaaaa sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Well, you could be right, but Sanchez is certainly one of those turds you are speaking of. Right now the team needs a spark, something, anything that will get them playing more inspired football.

When Sanchez is leading them? It's like there walking in quick sand. He's clearly never going to be a decent starting QB - ever.

WHO ever gave you the impression that if we replaced Sanchez, the Jets would start winning? You obviously inserted that into your thought process when no one has told you as much.

NO one thinks the Jets will start winning if they replace Sanchez. They just know (and so do I) that the Jets will NEVER win anything important like even so much as a division crown so long as we have Sanchez starting.

And, YES, the problems with the offense are VERY much Sanchez's fault, probably moreso than any other player.

Practice Squad
    Mark Sanchez will be benched simply because Tim Tebow might be able to win a game all by himself. Without any help Mark Sanchez is dead in the water.

Mark Sanchez is a top 10 quarterback in the NFL when he has some receiving weapons, a running game, and a dominant offensive line. Nothing happening this year is Mark Sanchez's fault. He has the worst offense to manage in the entire NFL. Aaron Rogers would be doing no better. Tim Tebow is made for a pathetic offense like this. That's why eventually he will get a start.

SAR I
    I have to agree with this. If anyone thinks that Tebow will come in and make a difference, I think they are dreaming. He could possibly break a long run off, thats about it.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    No, SAR that's what you think you know. It certainly isn't what everyone knows.

What everyone else knows is that Mark Sanchez was along for the ride in all of those playoff wins. The Jets could have had the worst QB in the NFL and they still would have won those games.

They also know that the Jets QB has amassed 51 regular season starts and his numbers are horrid. You cannot blame all of that on the surrounding cast. The fact is, everyone knows that Sanchez does not and will never elevate the level of play of the rest of the team when he is the QB. The rest of the team simply does not have that kind of confidence in him. Those are the facts.

Now, if you want to cry about the supporting cast all you'd be doing is trying to prove yourself right about your ridiculous beliefs about Rex Ryan. But you won't ever prove yourself right. You can believe it all you want but it certainly doesn't make it right.
    Your contradicting yourself. You said that Sanchez was "Along for the ride" during the those 2 yrs. So if it is possible to have players elevate your play then it must be possible to have players downgrade your play. I think Sanchez may be done, HERE. But this organization has been a BIG part of the problem.

Veteran
    I'm gonna say he balls tomorrow. Has been good in the past against Txans.
    2tds 235 passing a couple of smart keepers. And.... wait for it... a completion to Tim Tebow.
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Is this when it finally happens? We all know what has to happen here. It's been written on the wall for a long time now way back into last season.

If the Jets are getting their a$$es kicked tomorrow night (which is sure to happen given the way they are currently playing), does Sanchez get pulled for say Greg McElroy at the beginning of the 4th quarter?

There are a lot of things riding on this also. Rex Ryan cannot expect to keep his job if he refuses to bench Sanchez. So the time has arrived when Rex Ryan is going to have to show he has a backbone. He has to show he's willing to make some tough choices that violate his code of devotion and standing by his guys.

My feeling is that Sanchez should have been pulled long ago. He simply hasn't done enough to be called even a decent NFL QB. He's 2nd string at best.
    BS!

Jets Insider VIP
    The Colts will beat us by 2 tds. Have you watched andrew luck yet? Your in a slump again sar. Ur not getting it.

If Sanchez gets benched, I hope it's not for tebow.
    Better to what we have in McElroy.

Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    Your contradicting yourself. You said that Sanchez was "Along for the ride" during the those 2 yrs. So if it is possible to have players elevate your play then it must be possible to have players downgrade your play. I think Sanchez may be done, HERE. But this organization has been a BIG part of the problem.
    Nonsense. Back in 2009 and 2010 the players still actually believed in Mark Sanchez. They do not now. They haven't in a long time now.