Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Does Sanchez get benched tomorrow night?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, I guess Sanchez has earned a stay of execution for one more week. He played like sh*t IMO, but not bad enough to make a QB change necessary.
    meh, that's not what i saw. I'm done watching him start. I'll tune in when we make a change, be it McElroy, Tebow, hell, let Cromartie play QB

Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    meh, that's not what i saw. I'm done watching him start. I'll tune in when we make a change, be it McElroy, Tebow, hell, let Cromartie play QB
    Well, I agree. I just didn't see his play be so egregious that it was obvious that he needed to be replaced. He's had far worse games this season.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL, just saw Schaub's stats; practically a mirror of Sanchez's.

Just sayin'.

Well, I guess Sanchez has earned a stay of execution for one more week. He played like sh*t IMO, but not bad enough to make a QB change necessary.
    If this doesn't exemplify the anti-Sanchez sentiment around here I don't know what does.

be honest, you're rooting against him and the team strictly for the QB change. You'd rather see the guy benched than see your team succeed.

"He sucked, but he didn't suck enough. Time to complain about him on the internet for another week."

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post

Just sayin'.
    With far better talent.
    Disclosure: I did not see Schaubs stats.

As has already been mentioned many times over, Sanchez was merely "along for the ride" in those playoff wins. The ONLY win I would give him credit for was the Patsy win, other than that? The Jets won in spite of Sanchez.

And you also conveniently forgot Plaxico Burress in that "plethora". You forgot to mention that Burress isn't back because Sanchez couldn't create chemistry with a massive target like Burress.
    Look up sanchez's playoff stats. He played well, stop making stuff up. You have plenty of other things to whine about I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Look up sanchez's playoff stats. He played well, stop making stuff up. You have plenty of other things to whine about I'm sure
    He played well?! You mean like when he passed for 101 yards in an entire 60 minute game against the Chargers in 2009? Or like atrocious accuracy in the first half of the Indy playoff game in 2010? You mean STARING down his intended receiver in the Bengals win in 2009?

You call THAT good play?

Well, if you really believe that then maybe you want to keep Sanchez as your starter? That would be the true example of Einstein's definition of madness.

Just sayin'.
    Schaub deliberately threw the ball away at least 3 times and still had a higher completion percentage than Sanchez.

You mean STARING down his intended receiver in the Bengals win in 2009?
    which intended receiver? the 12 of 15 that he completed for 180 yards and a TD in a flawless victory?

just stop man.

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez was competitive tonight. Awful but competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    which intended receiver? the 12 of 15 that he completed for 180 yards and a TD in a flawless victory?

just stop man.
    You're not going to change the mind of a fanatic. Don't let the facts get in the way of their good rants/ narratives.

Sanchez always plays in a vacuum and will be judged accordingly by them.

He played well?! You mean like when he passed for 101 yards in an entire 60 minute game against the Chargers in 2009? Or like atrocious accuracy in the first half of the Indy playoff game in 2010? You mean STARING down his intended receiver in the Bengals win in 2009?

You call THAT good play?

Well, if you really believe that then maybe you want to keep Sanchez as your starter? That would be the true example of Einstein's definition of madness.
    LOL nice try to discredit Sanchez by cherry picking mistakes. He had a 92.7 rating in 2009 and 95.5 in 2010. 6 games, 1150 yards, 9TD, 3 INT. Now kindly STFU and find another way to root against your starting QB

Jets Insider VIP

You call THAT good play?

G ATT COMP % YDS YPA TD INT RTG
    6 157 95 60.5 1155 7.4 9 3 94.3

Not a bad 6 game stretch. Consistency of the above would be wonderful, of course. So would honest discussion, something you continually avoid.

I mean really, you're dissecting individual plays and halves in the face of those solid stats? And you still haven't explained to me that if he was only "along for the ride" in those playoff seasons, then how is he not also along for the ride with the obvious declining of this team?

He's not playing well, but he is the best option for this team right now.

Jets Insider VIP

Just sayin'.
    Problem is, Schaub has a bad game once every blue moon.

With Sanchez, it occurs on almost a weekly basis.

Find me a single GM or coach in the league that would take Sanchez over Schaub.

Just sayin'.
    Yeah, but you are allowed to have an off night when your starting rb runs for over 150 yards and coming into the game your completion percentage is 67%.

Just sayin'

just stop man.
    The OL won that game. The OL established line of scrimmage superiority in that game. That allowed Sanchez to STARE down his receivers and get away with it. Go watch the gae again. I have it on DVD and it's a complete joke. He made absolutely NO effort to look off defenders.

The OL won that game. The OL established line of scrimmage superiority in that game. That allowed Sanchez to STARE down his receivers and get away with it. Go watch the gae again. I have it on DVD and it's a complete joke. He made absolutely NO effort to look off defenders.
    this might be my favorite anti-Sanchez post of all time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Problem is, Schaub has a bad game once every blue moon.

With Sanchez, it occurs on almost a weekly basis.

Find me a single GM or coach in the league that would take Sanchez over Schaub.
    Totally agree. Just pointing out that somehow teams win with bad QB play. Wonder how?

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Yeah, but you are allowed to have an off night when your starting rb runs for over 150 yards and coming into the game your completion percentage is 67%.

Just sayin'
    Schaub's completion percentage entering the game had as much bearing on them winning as the Texans winless streak against the Jets entering the game did. That's just idiotic thinking. But you're right about how nice it must be to be able to lean on a very good running game and defensive unit. Who else used to succeed with that combo?

You don't have to answer, bub.

OMG....

Sanchez supporters, coming off three terrible performances your boy just threw for a whopping 45% - 2 int's and a fumble.... Now is not the time to be arguing how great he is...

You can spin all you want but he's been the very worst qb in the league this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    this might be my favorite anti-Sanchez post of all time.
    Sig-worthy.