Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marty "ice"just threw a pick 6 on a screen

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dalton threw it to a defensive lineman...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    New strategy for idiot Sanchez supporters = Find some other bad play by some other player and then try to use it as evidence that somewhere, somebody else is sucking too? Try to ignore any evidence of offsetting positive plays by those players as it does not help to bolster the argument of "my guy is no less sucky that that guy because that guy sucked on that specific play"....

Just how low are Jets fans supposed to set our expectation level for the starting QB of the NY jets now? Apparently a 50% completion rate and bottom of the NFL QB ranking is setting the bar too high for some folks.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    New strategy for idiot Sanchez supporters = Find some other bad play by some other player and then try to use it as evidence that somewhere, somebody else is sucking too? Try to ignore any evidence of offsetting positive plays by those players as it does not help to bolster the argument of "my guy is no less sucky that that guy because that guy sucked on that specific play"....

Just how low are Jets fans supposed to set our expectation level for the starting QB of the NY jets now?
    Apparently a 50% completion rate and bottom of the NFL QB ranking is setting the bar too high for some folks.
    Obviously, the expectation level is that of Mike Sanchez

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, the bar for our qb will be low as long as the talent on the offense stinks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick Tamland View Post
    And?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Just how low are Jets fans supposed to set our expectation level for the starting QB of the NY jets now? Apparently a 50% completion rate and bottom of the NFL QB ranking is setting the bar too high for some folks.
    The Sanchites needed a break from the "He has no support around him", and "well, Eli, Aarron, and Drew took long to develop too. Mark only had 1 year of college" arguments.

This is a fresh take." Other players that im trying to find as an example can suck too."

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Talk to me when Matty ICE wins a playoff game
    Have to agree on this one. The guy has been the #1 seed and had home playoff games and has yet to win a game when it matters. What makes it even worse is that he has had tons of talent around him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Using the apologist's logic some may dispute if Joe Montana can still be considered the GOAT because he threw an occasional interception during the regular season.

Talk about cherry picking a stat to back up an argument.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldnt consider myself a sanchite. If tebow or McElroy will help the jets win I'm all for it. I don't think it's the case however. I'll be happy to be wrong...if one of them comes in and lights it up ill be ecstatic.

I'm hoping Sanchez can pick up his play despite the fact that he's played poorly and the team is well overmatched and injured. I'm not throwing in the towel and hoping he sucks so we can go for the next high profile qb in the draft. Whoever plays qb will need at least decent players around him. We need to be able to spend high picks on wr's rbs olbs, etc. whoever the qb is needs playmakers.

Matt Ryan spoke in an interview about how having Julio, roddy, and tony allows him to just get the ball close to them...that they can get up 11ft in the air, etc.
    Good for him. I don't care who the qb was here, he wouldn't have anything even close to that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I thought the JETS copyrighted that throw. Between Richard Todd and Sanchez...they hit a DE in the numbers like no other.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Julio Jones >>> Any receiver this franchise ever had

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    But it wasn't Sanchez so he gets a pass, right?
    Who the hell is MARTY "Ice"?

Is he related to Schotty?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Julio Jones >>> Any receiver this franchise ever had
    Good point. The Falcons draft a QB in the top 5 and surround him with Turner, Gonzalez, Jones, when they already had Roddy White.

The Bengals have Green, who is arguably the best WR in the AFC.

Sanchez has been screwed by this organization. Hopefully, Woody can see this and we have a new GM with a plan. Problem is its too late for Sanchez. Not saying he will never make it in this league, he just won't make it in NY.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Who the hell is MARTY "Ice"?

Is he related to Schotty?
    lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Good point. The Falcons draft a QB in the top 5 and surround him with Turner, Gonzalez, Jones, when they already had Roddy White.

The Bengals have Green, who is arguably the best WR in the AFC.

Sanchez has been screwed by this organization. Hopefully, Woody can see this and we have a new GM with a plan. Problem is its too late for Sanchez. Not saying he will never make it in this league, he just won't make it in NY.
    That is why I'm saying that he'd be better off on another Franchise who has an Owner that gives a damn about FOOTBALL(not-so-veiled shot at Woody there, btw), and a Coaching Staff that knows how to coach.

EDIT : AND A GM THAT KNOWS WHAT THE F HE'S DOING! AND AN OFFENSE THAT HAS OFFENSIVE WEAPONS! AND A DEFENSE THAT CAN STOP A NOSEBLEED!!

AND CAPITAL LETTERS! PLENTY OF CAPITAL LETTERS!!
    Last edited by Vin; 10-07-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Running Sanchez out of town does nothing to help the Jets. The Jets don't get a franchise qb, because they can't develop one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    Running Sanchez out of town does nothing to help the Jets. The Jets don't get a franchise qb, because they can't develop one.
    Sad but true. And this goes all the way up to Woody Johnson who wouldn't know a Football from a Bandaid if it was shoved in his face and was told what it was.

Why couldn't the Jets get an owner that cared more about FOOTBALL than about his own private enterprises?

I mean....This is a HOBBY for Woody. I don't want my owner to have my Jets be his HOBBY! I WANT AN OWNER WHO HAS THE JETS AS PART OF HIS LIVELIHOOD!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The last time Sanchez had multiple "weapons" to throw to the offense scored 34 points. Since then who the hell has been getting open or making catches that an NFL receiver should actually make?

I watch a lot of other NFL teams and most of them have receivers that don't require perfectly thrown balls to make a catch. Hell most teams have at least one receiver that they routinely throw jump balls to.

Do the Jets have anyone that can catch the ball if the throw is less than perfect? NO

Do the Jets have a running back that can get 1st downs and take a little pressure off the passing attack? No again...

Do the Jets have an active receiver that would even make 3rd string on any other NFL team? Doubt it...

How the hell is any QB going to be successful with zero talent at the WR, RB, and TE positions?

Yeah it's all Sanchez's fault the offense is crap....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    But it wasn't Sanchez so he gets a pass, right?
    Matty Ice also threw two TDs and got 345 yards and led his team to victory! Just sayin'..... on the pick 6 what route was the receiver supposed to run?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    He also threw two TDs and got 345 yards and led his team to victory! Just sayin'.....
    He also has a great running game and 3 big time receivers to throw the ball to doesn't he...