Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marty "ice"just threw a pick 6 on a screen

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    The last time Sanchez had multiple "weapons" to throw to the offense scored 34 points. Since then who the hell has been getting open or making catches that an NFL receiver should actually make?

I watch a lot of other NFL teams and most of them have receivers that don't require perfectly thrown balls to make a catch. Hell most teams have at least one receiver that they routinely throw jump balls to.

Do the Jets have anyone that can catch the ball if the throw is less than perfect? NO

Do the Jets have a running back that can get 1st downs and take a little pressure off the passing attack? No again...

Do the Jets have an active receiver that would even make 3rd string on any other NFL team? Doubt it...

How the hell is any QB going to be successful with zero talent at the WR, RB, and TE positions?

Yeah it's all Sanchez's fault the offense is crap....
    If Sanchez could or would get the ball to his receivers accurately, they might get some yards & TDs and be considered weapons too. If the scheme was not so predictable and if the OL could run block maybe our run game would be better too. Its a team game led by the QB. The QB is supposed to help elevate the play of those surrounding him. Have you seen sanchez do that?

Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    Running Sanchez out of town does nothing to help the Jets. The Jets don't get a franchise qb, because they can't develop one.
    It saves the Jets a ****load of money. This whole "Jets ruined Sanchez" excuse is quite amusing as well. You cant ruin something that was garbage in the 1st place. There was a reason why people immediately groaned when Sanchez was drafted. He never was 1st round talent.

Practice Squad
    The last time Sanchez had multiple "weapons" to throw to the offense scored 34 points. Since then who the hell has been getting open or making catches that an NFL receiver should actually make?

I watch a lot of other NFL teams and most of them have receivers that don't require perfectly thrown balls to make a catch. Hell most teams have at least one receiver that they routinely throw jump balls to.

Do the Jets have anyone that can catch the ball if the throw is less than perfect? NO

Do the Jets have a running back that can get 1st downs and take a little pressure off the passing attack? No again...

Do the Jets have an active receiver that would even make 3rd string on any other NFL team? Doubt it...

How the hell is any QB going to be successful with zero talent at the WR, RB, and TE positions?

Yeah it's all Sanchez's fault the offense is crap....
    ^
    Voice of reason. No one is saying he's so awesome. What can anyone reasonably expect under the circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    If Sanchez could or would get the ball to his receivers accurately, they might get some yards & TDs and be considered weapons too. If the scheme was not so predictable and if the OL could run block maybe our run game would be better too. Its a team game led by the QB. The QB is supposed to help elevate the play of those surrounding him. Have you seen sanchez do that?
    No one elevates 3rd string talent to 1st string it's a tired ass myth. The talent has to be there to begin with and it takes a little time to get guys in sync with each other. Sanchez has a GD revolving door of crap talent to work with. If he had multiple years with White, Jones, Gonzalez to work with things would be different around here

I'm not saying Sanchez is a Pro bowl QB, but his short comings are amplified x 10 with zero talent to work with. If Sanchez had the weapons that Atlanta does this offense would be just as good as Atlanta's is right now.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Absolutely NOT.

The WR's must help Sanchez. Even the Sanchites agree without this, he Cannot be a good qb. He needs BIG targets with 11' jumping abilties.

Shonn Greene's putrid rushing doesnt help Sanchez. Sancez needs a better RB that has playmaking possibilities.

Thirdly, but not to be taken lightly, Sanchez must have the support of a good defense to keep scores low. Sanchites will tell you, he will never be a Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers type of QB. Its not fair to expect Sanchez to go out there and lead the Offense to more than 21 points. He has never been that guy, be fair to him.

Also, he won playoff games, and only had ONE year of college.

Check Eli, Big Ben, and Aaron Rogers stats. These guys all needed 5+ years with weapons to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Absolutely NOT.

The WR's must help Sanchez. Even the Sanchites agree without this, he Cannot be a good qb. He needs BIG targets with 11' jumping abilties.

Shonn Greene's putrid rushing doesnt help Sanchez. Sancez needs a better RB that has playmaking possibilities.

Thirdly, but not to be taken lightly, Sanchez must have the support of a good defense to keep scores low. Sanchites will tell you, he will never be a Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers type of QB. Its not fair to expect Sanchez to go out there and lead the Offense to more than 21 points. He has never been that guy, be fair to him.

Also, he won playoff games, and only had ONE year of college.

Check Eli, Big Ben, and Aaron Rogers stats. These guys all needed 5+ years with weapons to develop.
    Seriously dude are you drunk or a 12 year old kid? It has to be one or both...

final stat line for Marty Ice :

34-of-52 passes for 345 yards, two touchdowns, and an interception

Contact me when Sanchez starts doing that on a regular basis.

All League
    This place has gone mad

who are his receivers again.....

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    final stat line for Marty Ice :

34-of-52 passes for 345 yards, two touchdowns, and an interception

Contact me when Sanchez starts doing that on a regular basis.
    Contact me when Sanchez has the elite NFL talent at WR and TE that Ryan has... Drop Sanchez in Atlanta and Ryan in NY and they'd be the same teams they are now.

The Jets' biggest problems are not at QB

Seriously dude are you drunk or a 12 year old kid? It has to be one or both...
    How do you know it's a "dude" with an avy like this?

Seriously, this pic freaks me out.......

I agree that Sanchez has been bad this year but he is not our biggest problem. You could drop a lot of really good QB's in his situation and they would look just as bad. I am not sure he is the answer but I can tell for certain that Schillens,Kerley,Greene,Cumberland,Hill are not starting options for any NFL team right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    I agree that Sanchez has been bad this year but he is not our biggest problem. You could drop a lot of really good QB's in his situation and they would look just as bad. I am not sure he is the answer but I can tell for certain that Schillens,Kerley,Greene,Cumberland,Hill are not starting options for any NFL team right now.
    Bad doesn't even begin to describe it and "this year" is also extremely generous to Mark Sanchez. He may very well be the worst starting QB in the NFL. If people think he is not please try to make a credible case for the list of QBs who he is better than.

Please also note that I have been neutral and even hopeful for Mark until as recently as a few weeks ago but it is impossible to continue to ignore the stench that is emanating from behind center.
    Last edited by EM31; 10-07-2012 at 05:49 PM.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Jeremy Kerley is a great receiver with a dogcrap QB throwing him the ball.

We may never know how good #11 could be until he is traded, or cut, or the Jets get a QB that can get him the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby2times View Post
    It saves the Jets a ****load of money. This whole "Jets ruined Sanchez" excuse is quite amusing as well. You cant ruin something that was garbage in the 1st place. There was a reason why people immediately groaned when Sanchez was drafted. He never was 1st round talent.
    Bingo and plus 1000!

Never figured out what the adoration was for him. He was surrounded by far superior athletes and WRs that flat out dominated the opposing secondaries. A decent high school QB could have hit those WRs.

to OP: enough already. sanchez stinks. the dream is over.

Jets Insider VIP
    No one elevates 3rd string talent to 1st string it's a tired ass myth. The talent has to be there to begin with and it takes a little time to get guys in sync with each other. Sanchez has a GD revolving door of crap talent to work with. If he had multiple years with White, Jones, Gonzalez to work with things would be different around here

I'm not saying Sanchez is a Pro bowl QB, but his short comings are amplified x 10 with zero talent to work with. If Sanchez had the weapons that Atlanta does this offense would be just as good as Atlanta's is right now.
    Try telling DANNY WOODHEAD that! If Sanchez was as inaccurate with Atlanta as he is in NY, he still suck weapons or no weapons! He had lots of weapons in years 1 and 2. What did we win? Was he a very good QB or merely passable?

PS you never commented on how well ICE played the rest of the way and won. Plus you never told us what route the receiver was supposed to run. Did his poor route contribute to the pick 6. You are on the clock!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 10-07-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Smile

Maybe woody doesnt have the money and is trying to be like the Wilpons and do everything on the cheap

Try telling DANNY WOODHEAD that! If Sanchez was as inaccurate with Atlanta as he is in NY, he still suck weapons or no weapons! He had lots of weapons in years 1 and 2. What did we win? Was he a very good QB or merely passable?

PS you never commented on how well ICE played the rest of the way and won. Plus you never told us what route the receiver was supposed to run. Did his poor route contribute to the pick 6. You are on the clock!
    Have you looked thread title?

Not sure what you don't get. It doesn't matter if the jets would of drafted Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, etc. good orginizations develop their players. The steelers keep reloading not because they are the best drafting team ever, but because they have a road map. The jets have no direction for anything.

All League
    hahahaha another pointless thread, this forum is becoming a huge joke because of posters like you