Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Marty "ice"just threw a pick 6 on a screen

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    final stat line for Marty Ice :

34-of-52 passes for 345 yards, two touchdowns, and an interception

Contact me when Sanchez starts doing that on a regular basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    hahahaha another pointless thread, this forum is becoming a huge joke because of posters like you
    Anyone who starts a thread off the premise of one play of a game that is still ongoing usually should be disregarded and is a hinderance to the board.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    To even compare sanchez and matt ryan in insulting to ryan.

Yes sanchez has the playoff wins on his resume, but I highly doubt that ryan wouldnt have had us in those games.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick Tamland View Post
    But it wasn't Sanchez so he gets a pass, right?
    The difference is that Ryan is good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vick got stripped on the 1 yard line going in for the score...trying to make a play. Lets kill him for that one too.
    He is getting killed for his turnovers. Sanchez shouldn't be defended anymore. He's been awful. If you haven't seen the missed open WRs, then you are watching with Sanchez-Goggles. Yes, he could have better weapons, but that is no excuse for the level of play he has been giving.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    If I'm starting a franchise and have to pick starters I can live with for the next ten years, I take Matt Ryan as my QB without a second thought. The guy gets better every year, and will very likely be the catalyst for the Falcons first Superbowl win.

Now, having said that, Matt Ryan is surrounded by better talent and coaching than Mark Sanchez. If Sanchez was a Falcon, I think he'd be playing signficantly better football.

However, Matt Ryan is a far more mature QB at this point in his career. Sanchez's head isn't screwed on right about 30% of the time, whereas Ryan's is screwed on right 100% of the time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rbstern View Post
    If I'm starting a franchise and have to pick starters I can live with for the next ten years, I take Matt Ryan as my QB without a second thought. The guy gets better every year, and will very likely be the catalyst for the Falcons first Superbowl win.

Now, having said that, Matt Ryan is surrounded by better talent and coaching than Mark Sanchez. If Sanchez was a Falcon, I think he'd be playing signficantly better football.

However, Matt Ryan is a far more mature QB at this point in his career. Sanchez's head isn't screwed on right about 30% of the time, whereas Ryan's is screwed on right 100% of the time.
    Correct

Ryan is also a born leader, who makes the people around him accountable, unfortunately sanchez isnt playing well enough to do that

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rbstern View Post

Im not going to argue that, but until Ryan wins his first playoff game he shouldn't be compared to anyone as a standard. Padding stats against weak competition is not the same as playing playoffs teams. Giants last year made him look awful. Who will it be this year, the Niners, Bears?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    Im not going to argue that, but until Ryan wins his first playoff game he shouldn't be compared to anyone as a standard. Padding stats against weak competition is not the same as playing playoffs teams. Giants last year made him look awful. Who will it be this year, the Niners, Bears?
    QBs and Coaches get too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses.

The last 2 years the falcons lost to the eventual SB winner.

Elway lost his first 2 playoff games, and Peyton lost his first 3.....winning playoff games is a TEAM effort. Yes QB is the most important but he cant take all the blame

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Jeremy Kerley is a great receiver with a dogcrap QB throwing him the ball.

We may never know how good #11 could be until he is traded, or cut, or the Jets get a QB that can get him the ball.
    absolutely correct!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Seriously dude are you drunk or a 12 year old kid? It has to be one or both...
    I dont appreciate that so much.

I like beer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    But it wasn't Sanchez so he gets a pass, right?
    lol matty ice is the highest rated passer in the NFL this year, and his TD to INT ratio is ridiculous. He's also an early candidate for league MVP.

So yes. He gets a pass.

put 2012 Matt Ryan on our 2009 and 2010 teams and we are 2009 and 2010 SB Champions.

btw his name is matty ice not marty ice.

also, after reviewing this thread anyone who actually think there is some comparable point between Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez or thinks that play can somehow be used to defend Sanchez somehow has NO grasp of the game of football.
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 10-08-2012 at 05:33 PM.