Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any team with a bleaker future than our JETS?

Is there any team with a bleaker future than our JETS?

After watching both the Brown and Colts today I am convinced that there is no other team in the NFL with a bleaker future than our NY JETS.

Browns have a QB, RB and LT in place

Colts have Luck, pass rush, RB and good coaching

Miami has a good young QB that seems to be getting better each week, good rb in Bush.

Jags?

We look inept from the owner down.

Owner that is meddling, GM that has had a long stretch of not bringing in top talent, HC that has not developed anyone and team has quit on him more often than expected, QB that has had little support, no confidence, and is regressing

We could possibly have the worst situation in the NFL
    Last edited by copernicus; 10-07-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I suggest

No. No there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I suggest

Eli Manning is quiet by nature, works hard, exudes confidence and is a class act on and off the field.

All qualities that are non-factors to our FO and coaching staff

Even though Cleveland seems to have a few more pieces, I still say they'll continue to fail.

Brandon Weeben(sp?) looks like Chris Weinke Part 2(and that's not a good thing).

All League
    I cant argue with what the op is saying here.... there still a part of me that says there is still a chance to go 8/8. But even if we do i would still want a better gm and a better scouting department

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Even though Cleveland seems to have a few more pieces, I still say they'll continue to fail.

Brandon Weeben(sp?) looks like Chris Weinke Part 2(and that's not a good thing).
    You are probably right, I dont follow the Browns as closely to comment on the QB situation but does anyone know why Colt McCoy was replaced by Weeden? Just seems like they are both young and McCoy has more talent.

Hall Of Fame
    I am trying to think of a team with a worse outlook than ours and I can't think of one. Cleveland has Richardson who looked fantastic today. Weeden made some mistakes but he also made plays.

The Jags? They have MJD. Gabbert has improved. They have Blackmon.

Those are the only two that are probably arguable. But even they have great players or a great prospect.

The frustrating thing as a Jet fan is that all of our players seem to be going backwards.

All League
    NOPE.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am trying to think of a team with a worse outlook than ours and I can't think of one. Cleveland has Richardson who looked fantastic today. Weeden made some mistakes but he also made plays.

The Jags? They have MJD. Gabbert has improved. They have Blackmon.

Those are the only two that are probably arguable. But even they have great players or a great prospect.

The frustrating thing as a Jet fan is that all of our players seem to be going backwards.
    7th round pick Amand Bradshaw ran for 200 yards today. UDFA Cruz will have another outstanding year.

I get ridiculed when I bring up how important late picks are. yet we can't hit early picks either....

All Pro
    After Sanchez and Tanny are gone, things will improve.

How patient can you be?

I was thinking this very question earlier in the week: is there any team in the NFL I wouldn't trade rosters with ??

Arizona looks shaky at QB. Jacksonville looks fairly bad. Cleveland has been inept for a decade (but is looking up). KC Chiefs have terrible QB play in Cassel. But all of these teams have at least one saving grace such as a good running game (Cleveland, KC, Jacksonville) or a solid defense (Arizona).

It's sad that the Jets have fallen so far that one can have a discussion about them being in the bottom 5 franchises in the NFL right now.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I was thinking this very question earlier in the week: is there any team in the NFL I wouldn't trade rosters with ??

Arizona looks shaky at QB. Jacksonville looks fairly bad. Cleveland has been inept for a decade (but is looking up). KC Chiefs have terrible QB play in Cassel. But all of these teams have at least one saving grace such as a good running game (Cleveland, KC, Jacksonville) or a solid defense (Arizona).

It's sad that the Jets have fallen so far that one can have a discussion about them being in the bottom 5 franchises in the NFL right now.
    Wonder what a win tomorrow would do for that.

Would the Jets be contenders again at 3-2 with a beating of the Texans?

Nope we have the bleakest future of any team in the history of the NFL...why does the board continue to exist???? We are just going to be bad from here on out no sense talking about the team...

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    After watching both the Brown and Colts today I am convinced that there is no other team in the NFL with a bleaker future than our NY JETS.

Browns have a QB, RB and LT in place

Colts have Luck, pass rush, RB and good coaching

Miami has a good young QB that seems to be getting better each week, good rb in Bush.

Jags?

We look inept from the owner down.

Owner that is meddling, GM that has had a long stretch of not bringing in top talent, HC that has not developed anyone and team has quit on him more often than expected, QB that has had little support, no confidence, and is regressing

We could possibly have the worst situation in the NFL
    Cleveland. With a new owner, they might blow that team up and essentially start over.

Veteran
    Things don't look too rosey at the moment do they

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Yeah, that Colts coaching staff has proven a lot

If I were a betting man, I'd bet neither Weeden or Tannehill are the long term answers in either of their destinations.

The Jets will have to rebuild at some point yes, but it could be worse, they haven't started to rebuild yet. Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennesee and possibly Miami, all have tried to rebuild recently at the QB position, and likely did not succeed at it.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Wonder what a win tomorrow would do for that.

Would the Jets be contenders again at 3-2 with a beating of the Texans?
    Contenders, no.

Keep from sliding into the abyss, yes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I was thinking this very question earlier in the week:

That discussion took place from 88 to 96. back to the future....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Yeah, that Colts coaching staff has proven a lot

If I were a betting man, I'd bet neither Weeden or Tannehill are the long term answers in either of their destinations.

The Jets will have to rebuild at some point yes, but it could be worse, they haven't started to rebuild yet. Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennesee and possibly Miami, all have tried to rebuild recently at the QB position, and likely did not succeed at it.
    Wow.

I must not know what you are referring to, but it seems like ur thinking the Colts are not good, or unproven?

The Colts are currently 10X better than the Jets with a QB that is 265% better than Sanchez.

I must have missed something.