Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 139

Thread: Is there any team with a bleaker future than our JETS?

  1. #21
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Yeah, that Colts coaching staff has proven a lot

    If I were a betting man, I'd bet neither Weeden or Tannehill are the long term answers in either of their destinations.

    The Jets will have to rebuild at some point yes, but it could be worse, they haven't started to rebuild yet. Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennesee and possibly Miami, all have tried to rebuild recently at the QB position, and likely did not succeed at it.
    I don't know, Tannehill appears like he's getting better every week, and they just beat a fairly good Bengals team.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats why its imperative that we go 2-14 and get the #1 pick in the draft.

    The only thing can stop us is benching sanchez for tebow and have him rally the troops for a few wins.

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Even though Cleveland seems to have a few more pieces, I still say they'll continue to fail.


    Brandon Weeben(sp?) looks like Chris Weinke Part 2(and that's not a good thing).
    Cleveland has a center piece on offense to go with an under-rated d. I'm not saying Weeden will be special, but their offense looks like Brady and co. compared to ours.

    Our defense is old. Due to cap space, Pace and Scott will be released leaving 3 LB positions to replace. Then both our starting safeties are FA and due to the state of our team, will probably want to sign elsewhere.

    So in summary, we have a QB making Elite $ and putting up some of the worst stats in the league. In a league where there are like 5 rookies starting. No WRs, injury-prone, one dimensional TEs, probably the worst starting RB in the league, and we haven't even got to the offensive line where both Guards are FA, and the right tackle is a journeyman.

    Couple that with the issues mentioned above about our defense, this is 1989 all over again.

    We need fresh ideas from the front office. New GM, if that requires us to get a new HC, so be it. We need to hire an offensive HC, draft a QB, and CONSTANTLY surround him with talent.

  4. #24
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Thats why its imperative that we go 2-14 and get the #1 pick in the draft.

    The only thing can stop us is benching sanchez for tebow and have him rally the troops for a few wins.
    You really think you guys are worse than the Browns? They've got the inside track for 0-16 IMO.

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    I don't know, Tannehill appears like he's getting better every week, and they just beat a fairly good Bengals team.
    Cam Newton looked all world last year for awhile, since then, he's been average. I'll believe in Tannehill after the NFL really gets a grasp on what he is and isn't able to do as a QB, and then starts to game plan more to exploit that stuff.

    To his credit, Tannehill has looked better than I anticipated, but I'll see where he stands in about 8 wees.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    You really think you guys are worse than the Browns? They've got the inside track for 0-16 IMO.
    Good D and a solid running game. They'll win some ball games if Richardson doesn't get hurt.

  7. #27
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Cam Newton looked all world last year for awhile, since then, he's been average. I'll believe in Tannehill after the NFL really gets a grasp on what he is and isn't able to do as a QB, and then starts to game plan more to exploit that stuff.

    To his credit, Tannehill has looked better than I anticipated, but I'll see where he stands in about 8 wees.
    This rookie QB class has looked better than I would've expected it to at first glance; aside from RG3 and Luck, I wouldn't have expected Tannehill or Weeden to have played as well as they have thus far.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 reason why we're where we are right now:

    1-Player evaluation. Our drafts have been average to bad.
    2-Player development. Pretty much every young player we have has either not really improved or regressed with the exception of Kerley.

    And there you have it.

  9. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Thats why its imperative that we go 2-14 and get the #1 pick in the draft.

    The only thing can stop us is benching sanchez for tebow and have him rally the troops for a few wins.
    Exactly and the Jets need to get the best QB in next year's draft. Look at what other young QB's are doing around the league...Dalton, Newton, Tannehill, Ponder, Wilson, Luck...they all look very promising.

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,907
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    You really think you guys are worse than the Browns? They've got the inside track for 0-16 IMO.
    IDK, the Browns have at least started putting pieces in place. When you look at the Jets there is absolutely no foundation. Skittish QB, JAGs at every skill position, aging defense, top heavy roster. They look every bit like a team that needs to be blown up and rebuilt. Problem with that is finding the right people to do it. Something the Jets fail at constantly.

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Yeah, that Colts coaching staff has proven a lot

    If I were a betting man, I'd bet neither Weeden or Tannehill are the long term answers in either of their destinations.

    The Jets will have to rebuild at some point yes, but it could be worse, they haven't started to rebuild yet. Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennesee and possibly Miami, all have tried to rebuild recently at the QB position, and likely did not succeed at it.
    Well I might have to disagree a little. Tannehill has already done a lot this season with no legitimate WRs. How does Tannehill throw for +400 yards with the crap they have at WR? they have an offensive coach with a very good off cood in Sherman who just happened to coach Tannehill. These Dolphins are very similar to the 2009 Jets because thei defense is very good. Remember, had their kicker not missed, they would 3-2 and we would be riding a 3game losing streak.

    As far as the Browns are concerned, Weeden wasnt the key to their draft, Richardson was. All Weeden has to do is manage the game. As their defense improves, they will be tougher to beat, Specially at home later in the year.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Wow.

    I must not know what you are referring to, but it seems like ur thinking the Colts are not good, or unproven?

    The Colts are currently 10X better than the Jets with a QB that is 265% better than Sanchez.

    I must have missed something.

    I also agree about the Colts doing things the smart way. They drafted Luck and immediately surrounded him with talent: Made sure Reggie Wayne stayed. Picked two good TE (a quarterback's best friend) in the draft and often go double TE formation. Added a free agent WR and another speedy WR later in the draft. Cobbled together an OL that is decent in talent.

    Luck's stat line today: 31 55 362 2

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is in need of


  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I also agree about the Colts doing things the smart way. They drafted Luck and immediately surrounded him with talent: Made sure Reggie Wayne stayed. Picked two good TE (a quarterback's best friend) in the draft and often go double TE formation. Added a free agent WR and another speedy WR later in the draft. Cobbled together an OL that is decent in talent.

    Luck's stat line today: 31 55 362 2
    They also probably tanked a few games last season to get him.....Its gross, but it was a great decision.

    I (with consulting from the poster known as Joe W Namath), also agree this would be in the best interest of the Jets IF an Andrew Luck QB emerges.

    Gino Smith?

    Im starting to watch more of the NCAA in hopes this may all come to fruition.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Exactly and the Jets need to get the best QB in next year's draft. Look at what other young QB's are doing around the league...Dalton, Newton, Tannehill, Ponder, Wilson, Luck...they all look very promising.
    That's the most frustrating thing about this season - almost every other team in the NFL has at least something to build on and look forward to. Even if they have a bad record at least their young QB is getting experience.

    But as to the Jets, after the recent bad play and injuries, the team seems to be on a death spiral.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I was thinking this very question earlier in the week: is there any team in the NFL I wouldn't trade rosters with ??

    Arizona looks shaky at QB. Jacksonville looks fairly bad. Cleveland has been inept for a decade (but is looking up). KC Chiefs have terrible QB play in Cassel. But all of these teams have at least one saving grace such as a good running game (Cleveland, KC, Jacksonville) or a solid defense (Arizona).

    It's sad that the Jets have fallen so far that one can have a discussion about them being in the bottom 5 franchises in the NFL right now.
    Add our meddling owner to the mix and it becomes even more overwhelmingly depressing

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I also agree about the Colts doing things the smart way. They drafted Luck and immediately surrounded him with talent: Made sure Reggie Wayne stayed. Picked two good TE (a quarterback's best friend) in the draft and often go double TE formation. Added a free agent WR and another speedy WR later in the draft. Cobbled together an OL that is decent in talent.

    Luck's stat line today: 31 55 362 2
    On the money Lags! Not surprised.....

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    That's the most frustrating thing about this season - almost every other team in the NFL has at least something to build on and look forward to. Even if they have a bad record at least their young QB is getting experience.

    But as to the Jets, after the recent bad play and injuries, the team seems to be on a death spiral.
    the jets are at the end of a short period with a new qb. the 'travesty' is that they made 2 afc championship games and rex and tanny are delusional, they think the team is closer to that result than last place in the division. so they keep playing all the veterans, clinging to the lame offensive strategy that got them there. when it doesn't work they'll point to the years it did, with no real explanation or solution.

    i've kinda had it with this team. you look around the nfl and there are enough franchises with good football people at key positions and even those teams don't always win or draft well. then you look at this mess. sure there's luck involved in getting a good young qb but the fact that the jets haven't had one in 40 years should tell you there's more than bad luck going on with this team.

  19. #39
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    After watching both the Brown and Colts today I am convinced that there is no other team in the NFL with a bleaker future than our NY JETS.

    Browns have a QB, RB and LT in place

    Colts have Luck, pass rush, RB and good coaching

    Miami has a good young QB that seems to be getting better each week, good rb in Bush.

    Jags?

    We look inept from the owner down.

    Owner that is meddling, GM that has had a long stretch of not bringing in top talent, HC that has not developed anyone and team has quit on him more often than expected, QB that has had little support, no confidence, and is regressing

    We could possibly have the worst situation in the NFL
    I agree. Maybe not the worst, but right there. Nobody has an answer to fix this team because there are so many problem areas. The best thing to do is blow up this organization and start fresh. I know it's considered bad "fanship" to hope for the best draft position, but at this point we need that. We need a new GM, etc. right on down the line. A new owner is not going to happen unfortunately.

    I remember Mike Westhoff saying he was disappointed that he wasn't even asked to interview for the HC position. He should have been. He would have made an excellent HC. Special teams coaches are well prepared to be head coaches. If they fire Rex, mid season Mike should be the interim.

    Also: this franchise is cursed.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lima Zulu
    Posts
    6,565
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    That's the most frustrating thing about this season - almost every other team in the NFL has at least something to build on and look forward to. Even if they have a bad record at least their young QB is getting experience.

    But as to the Jets, after the recent bad play and injuries, the team seems to be on a death spiral.
    But we have Tebow man, dont you see all those photographers and international reporters? Woody is more than satisfied.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us