Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any team with a bleaker future than our JETS?

The Jets have never been a good team. A year here and there they looked pretty good, then back to reality. The Jets will always be in the bottom 10 of the league. They are no better or worse than the Browns, Cardinals of past, Lions of past, Bungles, Bucs of past, Saints of the past. The Jets need to be winning consistently for at least 7 years straight before they go up a rung. Being good for 2 years and then relapsing back to crap is inconsistent. They need to build a winning program like most of the winning teams have done. Even the Texans have gotten going now. Thats pretty sad that the Jets still haven`t. The Jets will never be the Steelers, 49`ers, Pats*, Giants, Cowboys, Packers, Eagles, Colts, etc... The NY Jets are a laughing stock at best.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I agree. Maybe not the worst, but right there. Nobody has an answer to fix this team because there are so many problem areas. The best thing to do is blow up this organization and start fresh. I know it's considered bad "fanship" to hope for the best draft position, but at this point we need that. We need a new GM, etc. right on down the line. A new owner is not going to happen unfortunately.

I remember Mike Westhoff saying he was disappointed that he wasn't even asked to interview for the HC position. He should have been. He would have made an excellent HC. Special teams coaches are well prepared to be head coaches. If they fire Rex, mid season Mike should be the interim.

Also: this franchise is cursed.
    This all makes sense except that there is very strong evidence that our owner is more concerned with winning the back page first and on the field second. I dont ever see Woody firing Rex. Rex is too much of a circus show and his mouth it too valuable for our owner to fire. The owner could care less if rex is a good HC or not.

I believe JETS fans are in a really bad place

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am trying to think of a team with a worse outlook than ours and I can't think of one. Cleveland has Richardson who looked fantastic today. Weeden made some mistakes but he also made plays.

The Jags? They have MJD. Gabbert has improved. They have Blackmon.

Those are the only two that are probably arguable. But even they have great players or a great prospect.

The frustrating thing as a Jet fan is that all of our players seem to be going backwards.
    You normally stay rather level headed. But I must say this post appears to be a little over the top.

You are forgetting that things are never as bad as they may seem. Just as soon as Rex gets his nads in gear, he's going to switch QB's and then we'll start the healing process. Rex is going to look for a guy that can give the offense a spark. They'll be able to better identify what is needed on offense. They will rather easily assemble a few pieces and the offense will look much better.

A team worse off than the Jets? Maybe the Raiders right now. Although with Davis gone now, things are probably looking up for the Raider fans. So no, I think the Jets are probably worse off than any other team right now.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

copernicus;4634003]This all makes sense except that there is very strong evidence that our owner is more concerned with winning the back page first and on the field second. I dont ever see Woody firing Rex. Rex is too much of a circus show and his mouth it too valuable for our owner to fire. The owner could care less if rex is a good HC or not.
    I believe JETS fans are in a really bad place[

Yes we are. At this point I would settle for watching some good competent football while rebuilding.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    7th round pick Amand Bradshaw ran for 200 yards today. UDFA Cruz will have another outstanding year.

I get ridiculed when I bring up how important late picks are. yet we can't hit early picks either....
    Agreed. Around here people do not care for late round picks. They are considered camp fodder. Its incredible how our drafts have unfolded so poorly. Watching other teams today I get sick! Where did we go wrong? Mr.T!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Agreed. Around here people do not care for late round picks. They are considered camp fodder. Its incredible how our drafts have unfolded so poorly. Watching other teams today I get sick! Where did we go wrong? Mr.T!
    We liked you better when you were drinking Kool aid. You called out guys like me and REXT and Copernicus and NOW you see the truth?

Better late than never.

I will not spend another dollar on the NY JETS until Woody changes.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    We liked you better when you were drinking Kool aid. You called out guys like me and REXT and Copernicus and NOW you see the truth?

Better late than never.

I will not spend another dollar on the NY JETS until Woody changes.
    The three wise men bringing their endless bounty of gold, frankincense and myrrh to the pages of JI.

No.

Rex, Tanny and Sanchez are here for a while. When these three are gone then there is a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    The three wise men bringing their endless bounty of gold, frankincense and myrrh to the pages of JI.
    Really? It is impossible to think that an intelligent fan like yourself couldnt see this coming a mile away.

In what world does Santonio Holmes become the captain of a team?

What athletically minded person could ever think that this decision would not affect every other player of the team deserving of being a captain?

Wayne Hunter?

Tebow?

Overly hyping your own players for fear that they would get lazy?

Self proclaiming to be the best coach in the NFL?

Ignoring the offensive side of the ball?

The list goes on and on.............
    Last edited by copernicus; 10-07-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The key to successful franchises is having a FRANCHISE QB

Until then, we will be mediocre, with the possibility of winning as long as our HC can get the defense dominant again

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Really? It is impossible to think that an intelligent fan like yourself couldnt see this coming a mile away.

In what world does Santonio Holmes become the captain of a team?

What athletically minded person could ever think that this decision would affect every other player of the team deserving of being a captain?

Wayne Hunter?

Tebow?

Overly hyping your own players for fear that they would get lazy?

Self proclaiming to be the best coach in the NFL?

Ignoring the offensive side of the ball?

The list goes on and on.............
    Nope, it's not impossible to think that you chest thumping turds were the only one that anticipated problems on this team. Some people just don't feel the need to come back and pat themselves on the back about it.

Yes. The New York mets.

Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    IDK, the Browns have at least started putting pieces in place. When you look at the Jets there is absolutely no foundation. Skittish QB, JAGs at every skill position, aging defense, top heavy roster. They look every bit like a team that needs to be blown up and rebuilt. Problem with that is finding the right people to do it. Something the Jets fail at constantly.
    The worst problem for the jets is the fact they have so much future cap money tied up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    Yes. The New York mets.
    Or the NY Knicks without Jeremy Lin. (-;

Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    The worst problem for the jets is the fact they have so much future cap money tied up.
    I hate to say it but this is why trading Revis needs to be on the table as an option. We have no talent anywhere on offense and I don't care about the injury, Revis is worth a 1st round pick. It has to be a thought vs paying him the 17 mil a year he's gonna want.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Or the NY Knicks without Jeremy Lin. (-;
    OK...so we are making progress with you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Are you pizzed because it's not corn and soy bean?

the browns are 0-5

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    The key to successful franchises is having a FRANCHISE QB

Until then, we will be mediocre, with the possibility of winning as long as our HC can get the defense dominant again
    Yes but that is NO excuse for a weak roster like ours. look at the G men.

ELI wasn't franchise in 2008....... But your point is fairly accepted as gospel.

But no excuse for what we have.