Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spygate: The Book and Author Interview

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    A writer myself, I am currently working on a book called "SuckGate" in which I reveal a decades long conspiracy of the Jets front office and coaching staff to ensure the Jets consistently lost over a period exceeding 40 years to satisfy NY mob bets.

I have thousands and thousands of pages of data that capture carefully designed and concealed horrific play calling, bad trades, secret goofy draft choices, hidden idiotic coaching decisons, and disguised inept players. My document proves that against the spread the failure of the Jets to wins a Super Bol since 1969 is a a statistical impossibility according to senior Vegas- odds making analysts.

I encourage all Jets fans (and even non-Jets fans) to purchase this book (only $39.95, or if you buy two, $99.95). Enabled With the data in this book you will be able to sue the New York Jets organization for decades of premeditated, calculated suckiness to the tune of a cabillion jillion dollars.
    I don't get it. One is a historically mediocre franchise and the other was penalized with the worst cheating punishment in nfl history.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I don't get it. One is a historically mediocre franchise and the other was penalized with the worst cheating punishment in nfl history.
    That's why his book is worth reading as well. If it were the same book, why bother ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    That's why his book is worth reading as well. If it were the same book, why bother ?
    Touché.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    If you we're a fan of football at all, you'ld be outraged about the product the New York Jets are putting on the field.
    If you've been reading the Strip at all, I think it's fair to say we're all pretty outraged.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye1Iyz7vVbs

Another interview with the author. Makes you feel like, why even bother watching. It's a forgone conclusion...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ummm...did the author forget that the Pats were a Tyree helmet catch away from a Superbowl winning perfect season after spygate? Or were they still using tapes still their possession to decipher hand signals that no coaches bothered to change after spygate? Sounds logical.

BTW Cassel's season happened after spygate as well. I usually don't really care about this stuff, in fact I hope we get our 4th asterisk this season but talk about cherry picking facts to back up an agenda.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 10-08-2012 at 07:46 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Ummm...did the author forget that the Pats were a Tyree helmet catch away from a Superbowl winning perfect season after spygate? Or were they still using tapes still their possession to decipher hand signals that no coaches bothered to change after spygate? Sounds logical. Oh...and Cassel's season happened after spygate as well. I usually don't really care about this stuff, in fact I hope we get our 4th asterisk this season but talk about cherry picking facts to back up an agenda.
    The author's thesis is the the Pats intelligence/ communications network at home was never dismantled due to the bargain the league struck with Patriots organization to end the scandal as quickly as possible. Post Spygate performance such as the SB and Cassel is used to assert his claim.

His evidence is based on the Pats' extraordinary home record - a statistical aberration - and the lack of any home stadium league countermeasures vice away game evidence (submission of the videotapes).
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 10-08-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    If you ain't cheatin', you ain't trying.
    That motto originated with the Raiders of the 70's. I saw George Atkinson bragging about that in an interview on the NFLN.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    That motto originated with the Raiders of the 70's. I saw George Atkinson bragging about that in an interview on the NFLN.
    I doubt they ever foresaw cheating to this level (never mind the technology) when that statement was made. Bottom line, as a fan, you spend time and money watching football. You hope that if the talent level is somewhat equivalent, your team has a fighting chance. Otherwise, why bother watching. This was and is baked into the way the pats do business. McDaniel's said it himself. If anything, sounds like it should be Ernie Adams going into the Hall and not Bellicheck. That and their sound tech guy. The league (and mainstream media) really dropped the ball on this one.