Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12,000 Unsold Tickets for Jets vs. Texans

All League
    It is also the end of the holiday for a lot of people. Some people went away for the long weekend and are just getting back. In our case, we have family in town through tonight. Even if I could get away from family to go to the game, it would be brutal getting up early tomorrow to go to work.

My buddy has my seat and is taking his wife. Come Thanksgiving, I am taking my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Jets Fans are some of the worst fans in the NFL.
    The rift between me and the prevailing Jet fan mentality hasn't fully healed since that game "we" cheered Pennington for getting hurt and booed when he returned to the game.

That was lower than any on-field disgrace the Jets have given us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    This shouldn't come as a shock but gives us an idea about how many unsold seats there really are left.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...#ixzz28f8hLQVr

Last week the Jets played before a ton of 49ers fans at MetLife Stadium. This week, could it be empty seats?

According to a report on the NFL Network, the Jets had 12,000 unsold tickets remaining for Monday’s game with the Texans as of Friday. A team spokesman said the report is inaccurate and all of the Jets home games will be televised locally. It is unknown exactly how many unsold tickets would trigger a local TV blackout.

The empty seats will spark speculation that the team could make a change at quarterback in order to spark interest. The Jets are already hearing cries to replace Mark Sanchez with Tim Tebow because of the offense’s struggles. There is also a belief Jets owner Woody Johnson could exert pressure on coach Rex Ryan to play Tebow at some point.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...#ixzz28gJVdkZQ
    That is bs, there are 12,000 seats for sale. Nearly all are from season ticketholders and scalpers who are reselling the tickets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets Fans, after 44 years of poor management and futility, are some of the worst fans in the NFL. Who can blame them
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    That is bs, there are 12,000 seats for sale. Nearly all are from season ticketholders and scalpers who are reselling the tickets.
    The Jets are saying they sold the tickets which is all that matters.

If the people the Jets sold the tickets to resell them, even to the tune of 12,000 seats, it doesn't count against a blackout or the sales totals.

There was a game in December 1996 that the Jets had 5,000 fans in Giants Stadium. 75,000 no-shows. Didn't matter. The game was sold-out. Every seat was paid for.

Unsold vs. No-Shows. Don't confuse the two.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    The rift between me and the prevailing Jet fan mentality hasn't fully healed since that game "we" cheered Pennington for getting hurt and booed when he returned to the game.

No one cheered Pennington's injury (though I wish we did).

SAR I

That was disgraceful I was there and I was embarrassed to be a Jet fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No one cheered Pennington's injury (though I wish we did).

SAR I
    You wish we had cheered a QB that actually played well for us yet blindly defend a guy who has been on par with the likes of Brandon Weeden and Blaine Gabbert this season? You're a strange strange dude....

Jets Insider VIP

Don't worry, it will happen again if Sanchez gets hurt.

lower level seats are going for $63 on stubhub.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets Fans are some of the worst fans in the NFL.
    Jets ownership and FO are some of the worst in the NFL. They need to put a product worth watching out on the field and stop taking fans for granted and jerking them around.

Jets Insider VIP
    Also, with the Yanks playing the O's tonight, it would be a bad MNF game to go to.

I sold my seats for $180 a pop

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Jets ownership and FO are some of the worst in the NFL. They need to put a product worth watching out on the field and stop taking fans for granted and jerking them around.
    Then how do you account for Browns' and Lions' fans?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    lower level seats are going for $63 on stubhub.
    And $653 RT Houston to Newark, good deal for a Texan fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Who cares about Browns and LIons fans? Why do I need to account for them? Woody needs to account for NY fans.

Woody Johnson doesn't deserve a sellout

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Woody Johnson doesn't deserve a sellout
    woody johnson is a sellout.

Unless Jets are playing good or we are playing a team that is playing good AND has a strong traveling fan base such as pats, ravens, 49ers, cowboys, eagles etc whoever is holding tickets to last minute is going to get burnt.

Better if jets are playing good and playing a good team with good traveling rich fans

Plus a late night Monday night game against a non-division rival with school and work the next day what do you expect?

I am going to game. I have season tickets and buddy is a huge Mark Gast fan from the 1980s we both work in city so train is not that bad getting there. But if I did not already have tickets no way.

BTW Jets Colts next Sunday at one pm tickets are going for double face in many sections. This game was also wedged in three home games in a row so it is the least likely anyone would buy.

Jets Cardinals and Jets Chargers are going to be equally brutal for ticket resellers.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Because its detroit and cleveland.

Part of the reason our brand new stadium gets such a terrible turnout is that there are simply more things to do in NY then there are in other places. In cleveland you go to the game because there is nothign else to do. Here, if you arent a die hard fan of a particular team, you have the option of attending any of 3 hockey, 2 baseball, and 2 basketball games as well as simply go to a different football game.