Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12,000 Unsold Tickets for Jets vs. Texans

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    It is also the end of the holiday for a lot of people. Some people went away for the long weekend and are just getting back. In our case, we have family in town through tonight. Even if I could get away from family to go to the game, it would be brutal getting up early tomorrow to go to work.

My buddy has my seat and is taking his wife. Come Thanksgiving, I am taking my wife.
    Please. Not another holiday excuse. I'm Italian and I realize that Columbus Day is not a real holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Please. Not another holiday excuse. I'm Italian and I realize that Columbus Day is not a real holiday.
    Funny looking at NFL ticket exchange and realized nearly everyone now has ticket priced at face for tonight's game.

You cant price below face so how does ticketmaster sort whose seats appear first in a price range. Easy it does it by whose seats are best.

So for instance in $50 seats the four sections that are closest to $75 dollar seats appear first and seats closest to 50 yard line and lower row appears at top.

So row 20 section 343 seats one and two for instance lowest row in $50 dollar seats, one of four sections closest to 50 yard line and seats one and two right next to 342 would appear at least in top four choices among $50 dollar seats, must likely first choice as ticket master would rate those two seats in the top 8 of seats of $50 dollar seats.

Therefore since you have to sell at face, only the top 1-10 seats would every sell on the nfl ticket exchange in anyone section if they are all priced at face. I have never seen this happen before. As usually the best seats in a section are way above face.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I am impressed that you can type and march in a parade at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Jets ownership and FO are some of the worst in the NFL. They need to put a product worth watching out on the field and stop taking fans for granted and jerking them around.
    what are folks going to do, walk away from their PSL?

the only people that makes sense to walk away are the UD, 2.5k PSL and the club seats.

i still believe that the Jets throwing the tickets up on stubhub is a very bad idea. Short term they get some cash but the are hurting the long term value of the tickets - which they still need for the vast majority of seats.

if we see 10-12k seats up for sale every week, it will be interesting to see what Woody does with ticket prices next year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-F-F View Post
    I'm a fan since 1973 and a season-ticket holder since 1991, and it's obvious that we have fair-weather fans.

I sat in the driving rain for the game late in the 1996 season against the Tennesee Oilers (that's right, the "Tennessee" Oilers), when maybe 20,000 people showed up. Neil O'Donnell was supposed to return from injury that day, but he slipped on the team logo in the end zone in pregame warmups (you can't make this stuff up with this team) and missed the rest of the season.

I sat through that whole game in what would be a 1-15 season, telling myself at the time to remember it, because it would be the low point of all time in franchise history.

We might have a lower point to come this season, only because the expectations were higher coming into the year.

I have an extra ticket for every game (in section 103), and this is the first time in the new stadium that I will have to eat that ticket. And the fact that there are five more home games this season worries me greatly. Let's face it, we're going to have 50,000 no-shows by the end of the year if things don't improve on the field.

Hey, I know our team stinks and I know that we have some crippling injuries. Still, I'm getting really tired of everyone saying we're the worst team in the NFL. We beat Buffalo by 20 points, and they lost to San Francisco at least as badly as we did, and yet we're considered the worst.

Jacksonville stinks, by the way, too. Now that's not such a big deal, because I realize we stink, too, but the bottom line is that we're not the worst. It'd be better if we were the worst, because we'd get the top draft pick, but I don't think we're even all that close to being "the worst."

If anyone saw the movie Major League (which is tremendous, by the way), I'm on the same wavelenth as the manager, Lou Brown, in this case. To paraphrase: It'd be great to give the media a big s***burger on Monday night (by winning the damn game).

As Leon Hess once told the Jets after a Thanksgiving Day practice during the Kotite years: "Let's show everyone that we're not a bunch of horses' asses."

Everyone seems to think we are. I hope we're not.
    Great post btw

But I don't think the lack of interest is all about the team's predicted record and ability to win games. It's about how they play. There's nothing about this year's Jets i want to watch.

I wouldn't go to the game tonight. Why bother? The offense and Mark are so putrid that it's beyond frustration. I've got enough stress in my life. I don't need to watch that bullsh*t.

Put Tebow, Jeff George, Garrard in there. I don't give sh*t. But make it exciting.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

But I don't think the lack of interest is all about the team's predicted record and ability to win games. It's about how they play. There's nothing about this year's Jets i want to watch.

I wouldn't go to the game tonight. Why bother? The offense and Mark are so putrid that it's beyond frustration. I've got enough stress in my life. I don't need to watch that bullsh*t.
    That's it right there.

They can go 0-16 and I'll show up with bells on if they simply try hard, show some fire, act like they care.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That's it right there.

They can go 0-16 and I'll show up with bells on if they simply try hard, show some fire, act like they care.

SAR I
    When you go home that day you might not be happy but at least your not pissed.

The Season the Pat's had with Rod Rust as HC would hurt going 1-15, go to the game in the rain and snow, sitting on an aluminum bench - the team had no fire and the HC would say after the game how proud he was of the team and how hard they worked, like we did not have eyes.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That's it right there.

SAR I
    i think there is a difference between acting like they care and just flat out sucking.... i think now that we are starting a bunch of guys who have to prove themselves worthy of a future roster spot - you will see a ton of effort.. at this point, most of our starters could give 150% and we would still be terrible...

Woody Johnson is the main problem... Tanny is problem #2... Anybody who comes to the game tonight and boo's Sanchez (or chants Te-Bow) and thinks that will be the solution to our problems should just give up their PSL's and invest in a nice comfy couch/flat screen combo for next year because they are clueless...

So tonight - when this stadium is more than half empty - maybe people can start the "Woody Sucks" chants... or the "Tanny Sucks" chants... What pisses me off more than lack of effort or a poorly put together team starts at the top... Greed... because greed took a product that had a waiting list of TENS OF THOUSANDS of people lined up to buy season tickets regardless of wins & losses and turned it into a San Francisco 49ers home game and an empty building on Monday Night Football in back to back weeks - despite the fact we are still currently in 1st place in our division... This situation would have been UNTHINKABLE in the old stadium...

And to top it off - my biggest stadium pet peeve started happening last week.. we are now playing fake crowd noise over the PA system because the product sucks so bad that nobody is even bothering to cheer anymore... that type of bush league garbage is usually reserved for teams like the Nets...

fake crowd noise? what a bunch of nonsense. all thanks to woody rex and tanny.

i may have taken a huge loss on psls but i feel so much better after reading all this. many will lose in the long run as i see things. the jets are themselves flooding the market with cheap unsold tix. hard to sell and break even with that against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Funny looking at NFL ticket exchange and realized nearly everyone now has ticket priced at face for tonight's game.

You cant price below face so how does ticketmaster sort whose seats appear first in a price range. Easy it does it by whose seats are best.

So for instance in $50 seats the four sections that are closest to $75 dollar seats appear first and seats closest to 50 yard line and lower row appears at top.

So row 20 section 343 seats one and two for instance lowest row in $50 dollar seats, one of four sections closest to 50 yard line and seats one and two right next to 342 would appear at least in top four choices among $50 dollar seats, must likely first choice as ticket master would rate those two seats in the top 8 of seats of $50 dollar seats.

Therefore since you have to sell at face, only the top 1-10 seats would every sell on the nfl ticket exchange in anyone section if they are all priced at face. I have never seen this happen before. As usually the best seats in a section are way above face.
    Never understood why Ticket Exchange won't let prices be dictated by the market. For games like this, they are yielding all sales to Stub Hub. Why would anyone purchase a lower sidelines seat for tonight at $145 face when you can get them for for $20 or more less than that on Stub Hub? Ticket Exchange has a terrible policy that only hurts themselves.

seats in the parking lot will be $20 tonight or if your lucky you find a hungry scalper and swap him a sausage sandwich and 2 beers for a pair.

Undrafted Free Agent
    let me tell you what my policy is when i need an extra ticket for a friend or family member... forget stub hub and ticket exchange.... bring $25 cash and buy one in the parking lot... i have NEVER seen a game in the history of the Jets that you couldn't buy a ticket in the lot for AT MOST face value... 95% of the time, you can basically get one for free on the way in from somebody who is willing to take whatever he/she can get figuring something is better than nothing...

Stubhub is great if you NEED to get a ticket in your section... otherwise, avoid the mark-up and the "service charges" and save yourself a ton of cash by avoiding these sites all together

Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    let me tell you what my policy is when i need an extra ticket for a friend or family member... forget stub hub and ticket exchange.... bring $25 cash and buy one in the parking lot... i have NEVER seen a game in the history of the Jets that you couldn't buy a ticket in the lot for AT MOST face value... 95% of the time, you can basically get one for free on the way in from somebody who is willing to take whatever he/she can get figuring something is better than nothing...

Stubhub is great if you NEED to get a ticket in your section... otherwise, avoid the mark-up and the "service charges" and save yourself a ton of cash by avoiding these sites all together
    Ive used Craigslist a day before for MANY events and had NO PROBLEM.

The Jets havent been fun to watch since the Buffalo game. Some people just cant justify spending money on going out to watch this team when their couches are cheaper with less drunken dooshbaggery.

Also, the Yankees are playing tonight.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Ive used Craigslist a day before for MANY events and had NO PROBLEM.
    craigslist is good too... you just have to be careful for scammers - but i have definitely had success on craigslist.... i just know - from experience - that your best value is in the parking lot... one time i brought my girlfriend to the game (the Jets/Cards game where we ko'd Anquan Boldin a few years ago) and had to buy her a ticket on the way in... a guy just handed us the ticket for free and said "enjoy"...

If the Jets go through any sort of 2-3 year rebuilding period - it is going to be scary how many empty seats there are... The only positive thing will be that the price of tickets will (most likely) drop... it makes me sick that my family's tickets for tonights game cost $1500 (5 @ $295 each) and that we were dumb enough to shell out $15,000/seat for the rights to pay that much.... at least when we sucked in the 90's - tickets were only $25

Veteran
    STUBHUB 3700 left

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Never understood why Ticket Exchange won't let prices be dictated by the market. For games like this, they are yielding all sales to Stub Hub. Why would anyone purchase a lower sidelines seat for tonight at $145 face when you can get them for for $20 or more less than that on Stub Hub? Ticket Exchange has a terrible policy that only hurts themselves.
    Ticket Exchange is set up for the NFL Teams. They don't want people to "legitimately" buy tickets at less than FV. They think it will hurt their ticket sales. It is like they are trying to pretend SH exist.