Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: I love Rex to death but

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Rex to death but

Why didn't he get pick Chandler Jones over Quentin Coples ! I watched every snap of both players in college last week and a normal functioning brain would show you Chandler Is a pressure Players while Coples is a typical 3-4 end just saying I don't know who picks but they don't know what to do

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is the person who has final say is not a talent evaluator, so he relies on the people around him . It wouldn't suprise me if the person with the biggest mouth always gets his way.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like others who go around telling people they are smart, Rex isn't...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    jones is on the smaller side, they wanted someone bigger

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    jones is on the smaller side, they wanted someone bigger
    jones is 6"5 260lbs LOL..he would have been a fine pick at 16 but we didnt take him..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one thought Jones was going to be this good this fast. He was seen as a project player.

I don't remember anyone on here begging for Jones before the draft, so I don't want to hear any bellyaching about it now.

Everyone is high on Bruce Irvin now, but everyone made fun of the Seahawks when that pick was announced on draft night.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been reading Jones has been getting held a lot, not only during the replacement refs, but even now, and it might have to do with his length and technique... not sure if true.

Last edited by ASG0531; 10-07-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coples is a better talent. Jones has a much better coaching program around him. Really what players have improved under our coaching staff? Kerley? Who else? If the situation were turned around we'd be wishing we drafted Coples over Jones.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Coples is a better talent. Jones has a much better coaching program around him. Really what players have improved under our coaching staff? Kerley? Who else? If the situation were turned around we'd be wishing we drafted Coples over Jones.
    How is Coples a better talent? I never liked the Coples pick, I was hoping I was wrong.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    How is Coples a better talent? I never liked the Coples pick, I was hoping I was wrong.
    Coples physically has a higher ceiling. I get that he can be a Osi/Seymour/M Williams type, but he also has the potential to bust out completely. Melvin Ingram and Chandler Jones have a much better chance being consistenly good to very good, but I don't see either being amongst the elite. They'r both James Farrior type guys in terms of production IMO. Rex was drooling all over Coples for his physical ability and talent. You see flashes of it out there, but you also see flashes of laziness and immaturity on the field in terms of football intelligence. I stand by my earlier statement. I think if Belicheck had the chance he would take Coples over Jones and I think he would have Coples playing much better football than we do.