Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If The Jets Win Tonight, I Will.........

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    get a bonus 6 pack and get drizznunk. The kind where u end up in the bathtub @ 3 am praying it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I will come on here and tell all those people posting 'I told you so' threads to GFY
    I guess that's all you could say to people who obviously understand the game of football better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    If The Jets Win Tonight, I Will.........
    Say I told you so

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    I guess that's all you could say to people who obviously understand the game of football better than you.

thank Houston for overlooking us and letting us steal a win, but prepare for a loss against Luck and the Colts, followed by New England.

Jets Insider VIP
    Houston is going to overlook us and still beat us by 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    thank Houston for overlooking us and letting us steal a win, but prepare for a loss against Luck and the Colts, followed by New England.
    We'll win at least 2 out of 3 there, probably just lose to the Colts since we win when we should lose and sometimes lose when we should win.

Undrafted Free Agent
    What will I do............................................???? ?????????

Nothing. Been through waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too many wacky games and stupid **** with this team. That being said, we will still be in first place for another week and that is truly hysterical.

Remind me to dig my bag out of the closet to wear.

What the hell J E T S ! ! !

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    pissed because is for the the betterment of the franchise that we end up 2-14.
    No the betterment of our future would be our top 5 pick QB develops into what he was drafted at being, with our young D stepping up and making big plays despite the absence of Revis. We win and go to have a great 2012 with a supoerbowl. that would be the betterment of the franchise....

The Coples pick i loved,but not to use the way the Jets are using him.When your team lacks a pass rush,why on earth would u use your 1st round pick on an interior DLman when you have so many already.

Absolutely right. He needs to be playing a lot more. Want players to develope put them in the game. If they don't work out, you know to get rid of them.

Jets Insider VIP
    No the betterment of our future would be our top 5 pick QB develops into what he was drafted at being, with our young D stepping up and making big plays despite the absence of Revis. We win and go to have a great 2012 with a supoerbowl. that would be the betterment of the franchise....
    Im living in reality. You my friend, Im not sure what the address for LA LA land is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    and then you woke up from this dream

Streak.

...be very happy.

There are only 3 players in all of sports that I would have tanked for in the last 10 years: Lebron James, Sidney Crosby, and Andrew Luck. In every other scenario, I want my team to win as many games as possible.

Look at the top teams in the league right now. How many of them are where they are as a result of tanking? Not a single one. If the Colts wind up being a good team down the road, that will make 1, and they tanked for the best prospect in a quarter-century.

Patriots
    Steelers
    Ravens
    Texans
    Giants
    Packers
    Bears
    Falcons
    49ers

All tanking does is fill a fan base with false hope. A high draft pick isn't going to turn your franchise around. It takes good management and coaching to do that.

There has been someone on here talking about how a Week 17 win "cost" us Matt Ryan. As if there were a guarantee that we would have taken him. The Dolphins had the first pick and no QB, they didn't take him. The Rams also didn't have a QB, and they didn't draft him either.

Thomas Dimitroff, former head of scouting for the Pats, took Matt Ryan. And he didn't just take Matt Ryan. He also drafted Sam Baker, signed Michael Turner and Tony Gonzalez, and made the trade up for Julio Jones (a move that was widely criticized at the time). If you look at the Falcons drafts since 2008, they've missed 4-5 in the first 5 rounds, and even two of those guys are still on the team as depth. They get real contribution from everyone else that they've drafted.

If you want to turn the team around, Woody needs to find the next Dimitroff.

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    If The Jets Win Tonight, I Will.........
    NOT B SURPRISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better than the guy who said this?

Patsies go 9-7 this season and finish third in the division.
    The decline of Tom Brady will come quicker than most people realize. I've been watching this game for a long time and have an eye for these things. I said it before and I'll say it again: Sanchez will have a better 2012 than Brady.
    (oh, sorry, that was you)

be convinced the Texans didn't make it to East Rutherford and forfeited...

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Better than the guy who said this?
    (oh, sorry, that was you)
    The decline of Tom Brady is happening before our very eyes. He's still sharp but not as capable of carrying the team on his back like he used to. How many TD's did he throw yesterday? What I didn't expect was the Pats running game to emerge this year, and that's the reason I may be wrong about them going 9-7. You'll have to forgive me, predicting the future is an inexact science.

All Pro
    Buy a lottery ticket.

The decline of Tom Brady is happening before our very eyes. He's still sharp but not as capable of carrying the team on his back like he used to. How many TD's did he throw yesterday? What I didn't expect was the Pats running game to emerge this year, and that's the reason I may be wrong about them going 9-7. You'll have to forgive me, predicting the future is an inexact science.
    ROFL

So you think his decline in stats is a function of decline and not the result of the running game? You're also leaving out the second part about Sanchez having a better year. ROFL

I think you need glasses if that's "your eye" for things.

BTW, don't want to hijack the thread so I won't say more.