Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If The Jets Win Tonight, I Will.........

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    wear my Jets hat on Tuesday!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    ROFL

So you think his decline in stats is a function of decline and not the result of the running game? You're also leaving out the second part about Sanchez having a better year. ROFL

I think you need glasses if that's "your eye" for things.

BTW, don't want to hijack the thread so I won't say more.
    The running game is the key to Brady's success this year. Without it he'd suck more than Sanchez (of course he used to be better, but he's getting old). So yeah, failing to predict their running game was my ONLY oversight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talk **** to a bunch of co-workers who have been riding me all week (I live in Houston).

Beyond that it depends on how they win. If the win comes from 3 special teams TDs, then who cares? But if Sanchez throws for 400 yards to a bunch of backups against the league's best defense...well yeah that might do a little something for my perspective on this team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not going to happen, so I will just sit there and be embareassed by what the nation will see tonight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    The running game is the key to Brady's success this year. Without it he'd suck more than Sanchez (of course he used to be better, but he's getting old). So yeah, failing to predict their running game was my ONLY oversight.
    LOL. You haven't watched a single down of Brady this year.

For the sake of your credibility, please don't say you have.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    LOL. You haven't watched a single down of Brady this year.

For the sake of your credibility, please don't say you have.
    I know he blew the Bills out of the water but so did we, that says more about the Bills than him. Yesterday he had 1 TD. 1. They've lost two games, including one to ARIZONA. It's not the end of Brady, but it's the beginning of the end.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch the tape, and try to figure out what each player did right, and wrong. Same as always. There's always a reason why plays do, or don't work, and it's usually one or two people on defense making a mistake that makes plays happen. Then momentum shifts. Can't get too carried away by these things.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know he blew the Bills out of the water but so did we, that says more about the Bills than him. Yesterday he had 1 TD. 1. They've lost two games, including one to ARIZONA. It's not the end of Brady, but it's the beginning of the end.
    Actually, it says a lot about you.

In your world,

Two quarterbacks.

Quarterback A throws 89 yards on a 90 yard drive and the running back scores on a 1 yard dive

Quarterback B throws for 1 yards on a 90 yard drive and throws a 1 yard touchdown

Quarterback B has a better game.

Brady could have thrown for touchdowns too but he's smart enough to know if the running game is working, run it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady's completion percentage yesterday was 74%. Yep, he's worse than Sanchez.

On Topic...... I'll eat my hat.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Brady's completion percentage yesterday was 74%. Yep, he's worse than Sanchez.

On Topic...... I'll eat my hat.
    He is playing better than Sanchez, I already admitted this. But it's because he has a running game. If Brady was forced to carry the team on his back this late in his career, he'd be throwing 3 picks a game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Say "The Mods Suck!"

(not really....)

The likelihood of the Jets winning tonight is about as possible as Kyle Wilson not taunting someone after getting burned.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Absolutely shocked...but still think this team has major problems and will likely finish up with no more than 5 or 6 wins at best
    me too, but think they can get to 8-8.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What time is the game on?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will be pissed because I am starting the SUCK FOR GENO SMITH TRAIN!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Im living in reality. You my friend, Im not sure what the address for LA LA land is.
    realty is we aren't a 2 win team. We are closer to a 10 win team than we are a 2 win. Without Revis and Holmes we are closer to a 6 win. But to want your team to lose, to potentially bust on another top 5 drat pick, no thanks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... wake up

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    ... wake up
    best answer.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    ...be very happy.

There are only 3 players in all of sports that I would have tanked for in the last 10 years: Lebron James, Sidney Crosby, and Andrew Luck. In every other scenario, I want my team to win as many games as possible.

Look at the top teams in the league right now. How many of them are where they are as a result of tanking? Not a single one. If the Colts wind up being a good team down the road, that will make 1, and they tanked for the best prospect in a quarter-century.

Patriots
    Steelers
    Ravens
    Texans
    Giants
    Packers
    Bears
    Falcons
    49ers

All tanking does is fill a fan base with false hope. A high draft pick isn't going to turn your franchise around. It takes good management and coaching to do that.

There has been someone on here talking about how a Week 17 win "cost" us Matt Ryan. As if there were a guarantee that we would have taken him. The Dolphins had the first pick and no QB, they didn't take him. The Rams also didn't have a QB, and they didn't draft him either.

Thomas Dimitroff, former head of scouting for the Pats, took Matt Ryan. And he didn't just take Matt Ryan. He also drafted Sam Baker, signed Michael Turner and Tony Gonzalez, and made the trade up for Julio Jones (a move that was widely criticized at the time). If you look at the Falcons drafts since 2008, they've missed 4-5 in the first 5 rounds, and even two of those guys are still on the team as depth. They get real contribution from everyone else that they've drafted.

If you want to turn the team around, Woody needs to find the next Dimitroff.
    Didn't the Patriots unintentionally tank for a couple decades before drafting Brady?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will be shocked.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...decide that I know a lot less about NFL football than I think I do.